David1701

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

Are you a "might and power" "Christian", or do you believe that God saved you by grace ALONE, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone?

Zechariah 4:6 (Webster) Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. 

---What is the mountain that stands in the way of a man's salvation?  Unbelief, pride, lust, greed, hatred, selfishness, etc.

---How is such a mountain removed?

The "might and power" "Christian" says, in effect, although not in these words, "By my mighty will I have repented and turned to good works.".  He also says, again, not in these words, "By my mighty will, I have generated faith in Jesus Christ, contrary to my wicked nature, which hates the light and does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, and thus have saved myself!".

But, what does the Bible say?

Ezekiel 36:26,27 (Webster)

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
  27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

2 Tim. 2:25, 26 (Webster)

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose him; if God perhaps will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
  26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. {recover...: Gr. awake} {taken...: Gr. taken alive}

Philippians 1:29 (Webster) For to you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 Pet. 1:4,5 (Webster)

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, {for you: or, for us}
  5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith to salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

---It's ALL of grace.  Salvation is of the LORD!  Hallelujah!

Edited by David1701
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Placing one's entirety upon God's Work alone is the greatest display of power that can be shown

Romans 4:5 (KJV)

[5] But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I think enoob was misunderstood in this case.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, David1701 said:

Are you a "might and power" "Christian", or do you believe that God saved you by grace ALONE, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone?

Zechariah 4:6 (Webster) Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. 

---What is the mountain that stands in the way of a man's salvation?  Unbelief, pride, lust, greed, hatred, selfishness, etc.

The "might and power" "Christian" says, in effect, although not in these words, "By my mighty will I have repented and turned to good works.".  He also says, again, not in these words, "By my mighty will, I have generated faith in Jesus Christ, contrary to my wicked nature, which hates the light and does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, and thus have saved myself!".

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
  27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose him; if God perhaps will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
  26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will. {recover...: Gr. awake} {taken...: Gr. taken alive}

Philippians 1:29 (Webster) For to you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, {for you: or, for us}
  5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith to salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

This is a confusing post to understand. 

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

This is a confusing post to understand. 

Please let me know which parts you find confusing and I'll try to clarify.

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Placing one's entirety upon God's Work alone is the greatest display of power that can be shown

Romans 4:5 (KJV)

[5] But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

If the greatest display of power that can be shown, is the "Placing one's entirety...", then that is a display of your "power", since you are the one doing the placing.

If you have misspoken, then feel free to re-word your post.

4 hours ago, Alive said:

I think enoob was misunderstood in this case.

I understood the words he posted.  If his meaning was different from what he posted, then he can re-word it.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, David1701 said:

It's true that God forgives, but when we repent, we avoid a lot of trouble.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,186
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

33 minutes ago, David1701 said:

If the greatest display of power that can be shown, is the "Placing one's entirety...", then that is a display of your "power", since you are the one doing the placing.

If you have misspoken, then feel free to re-word your post.

reliance is not self effort but as the word says relying upon God's Word to be what it says...

34 minutes ago, David1701 said:

I understood the words he posted. 

clearly you do not and I'm not going to make myself any bluer in the face trying to explain it to you :24: 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I understand what Enoob to mean is that God's Word and promises when relied upon can be understood to be the greatest expression and realization of power as God's declarations are ultimate. The power is God. When we unite with Him and agree with Him in it--there is no greater power we can access.

I don't see enoob expressing this as self-effort.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1