• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hello brothers and sisters,

I really need your advice on dealing with discouragement, loneliness and laziness. I feel lonely because I have zero social life, my family works but I don’t so I get bored all day. The only source of entertainment is my phone and tv. I feel discouraged cause I desire to spend time with my family but they’re not committed to it so I gave up. I am also very lazy because I have no motivation to do anything when I’m sealed home. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Start journaling. Make up lists (with dealines) of what you want to do. Keep track of how you spend your time. Be your own task master. Track your work. Reward (within reason) good behavior. Punish (also within reason) bad behavior. In time you will see results. Don't give up on yourself!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,910
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

9 hours ago, Keny said:

I really need your advice on dealing with discouragement, loneliness and laziness. I feel lonely because I have zero social life, my family works but I don’t so I get bored all day. The only source of entertainment is my phone and tv. I feel discouraged cause I desire to spend time with my family but they’re not committed to it so I gave up. I am also very lazy because I have no motivation to do anything when I’m sealed home. 

Prayer and Bible study, of course.

Also perhaps pick up a new hobby? With the Internet you can learn to do just about anything. If there's any skill or hobby you're interested in, look up some tutorial videos on Youtube.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

8 hours ago, Keny said:

Why are you " sealed " at home?

Why can you not go out to work?

If unable to go o work, why can you not do the house work etc.?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  24,874
  • Content Per Day:  5.78
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

12 hours ago, Keny said:

I find myself in a similar situation. Therefore I sympathise greatly. I am fortunate to have a very supportive family. But it's still hard sometimes and I do get discouraged.  Here are a few things that have helped a bit to make things better for me:

- there is some good advice here already.  

- do all the housework you can find. Especially things that need to be done routinely,  like washing the dishes or doing the laundry. It will seem hard at first, but I find this makes me feel I have some function in the house at least. It feels better than doing nothing, believe me.

- a journel is a good idea. I have done this for 15 years and it has really helped me because when I look back it helps me to see how faithful God has been. 

- I decided a few years ago to start being an artist.  It can be very expensive,  but it needn't be. And I've sold a few paintings, im getting better and it is something to do. Find something similar. Again   it's much better than nothing 

- volunteer.  I don't know what it's like where you are, but here there are a lot of organisations that can use a few extra hands. You need no qualifications and of all the things I've done, this is the most fulfilling.  It also is a great way to meet people.

- what does you spiritual life look like? That is a very important area to look into. 

- while online friendships don't really make up for face-to-face contacts, having online friends is also better than nothing.  Right here is a good place to start. :)

Let me just say that if you really need company, while I cannot promise to be here at the same time, you are welcome to talk to me. Send me a pm any time. I would love to hear from you. ;)

Edited by Henry_iain
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

17 hours ago, Keny said:

Why don't you get a job? We are never alone - the Lord is alway there. Paul taught us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:38 AM, Keny said:

Cant u just hv a walk for fresh sunshine n greet people.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/09/1960

On 7/29/2021 at 9:38 PM, Keny said:

I'm curious how old you are?  There must be some kind of work you could do to stay active?  Do you live in the Country?  If so, you could busy yourself outside with some work making a garden or tending to flowers...those are always things that lift my spirits....I find working outside is really THERAPY :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/29/2021 at 6:38 PM, Keny said:

Why are you only allowed to stay at home?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 7/29/2021 at 10:38 PM, Keny said:

There are many people like you. Go toward them and sow the good seed (Ps 126:5,6) and you both won't be more lonely.