IGNORED

Ron Wyatt discovered the Ark of the Covenant?

Faith-Not-Fear

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I was just wondering if others here have watched Ron Wyatt YouTube videos or have read books about him supposedly discovering the Ark of the Covenant hidden under Golgotha. The thought that the sacrificial blood of Jesus was actually spilled onto the Ark is shocking and intriguing.  What are other's thoughts here about Ron Wyatt and his discoveries? (Especially this one) True or false, and why?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

There has been a lot of debate as to whether or not Ron was truthful/factual, or if he was just running with his imagination. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Faith-Not-Fear said:

I was just wondering if others here have watched Ron Wyatt YouTube videos or have read books about him supposedly discovering the Ark of the Covenant hidden under Golgotha. The thought that the sacrificial blood of Jesus was actually spilled onto the Ark is shocking and intriguing.  What are other's thoughts here about Ron Wyatt and his discoveries? (Especially this one) True or false, and why?

No difference than the shroud of Turin. It is debatable. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I think a decent overview of Mr. Wyatt can be read at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Wyatt

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

Well...it wasn't a boat it was an ark; a 3d rectangle according to the plans. No gunwales, no keel, no stern or prow. Durupinar is not the ark.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

Why is it a surprise that the secular and atheist archeologists are always looking in the wrong places?  When Ron looked, he looked in his Bible first.  Is it really a surprise that he found things others did not?

When Ron found Mt. Sinai, it was actually scorched on the top as if the whole top were a giant blaze of fire; it's still black and charred today.  When Ron found Sodom and Gomorrah, the cities were literally ash.  How much heat does it take to turn dirt, stone, brick and metal to ash so that when you try to pick up what looks like stone, it crumbles like kitchen flour in your hands?  It would have to be much hotter than lava.  Plus he found millions of balls of brimstone (ultra pure sulfur) all over the place in these cities, as if it rained them.   When he found Noah's Ark, it was exactly the right size, complete with anchor stones but I guess some want 4000 year old wood to still look like wood?  When he found the Ark of the Covenant (which is supposedly still there and was shown to Jewish authorities), is it not interesting that Christ's blood apparently dripped from the cross down a channel, in secret, directly onto the Mercy Seat of the Ark just as sacrificial blood would have been placed by a priest?

I don't see that Ron wanted fame or fortune in these finds, he just wanted to show the evidence of the Bible.  Maybe God knowing his heart allowed this?

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I used to think that Ron Wyatt made some amazing finds.  I then did research and realized that he may have been sincere, but I believe he made himself believe things that weren't there.  I think he began to think of himself as a great adventurer.  It appears that he may have made up or exaggerated his findings. I do believe he did come across some legit discoveries.  I just think it's interesting that for some of his claims he produced no evidence when the time came.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  586
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

Personally, Wyatt was the person who administered pain killers before surgery and one day began to wonder if you follow the Word of God, would that get you closer to Evidence of these these stories we read throughout the Bible?   And I actually believe from the observable Evidence he and his team discovered, we can be assured of factual connections tied to Word of God.   And I was one of those Nerds who spent hours combing over his Evidence for his Ark of the Covenant discovery.  And what is interesting about that, the Book of Maccabees, literally explains how guards were placed to hide the Ark hidden deep into a cavern of tunnels and just ironically enough to be factually located underneath Golgotha when Yeshua cried out, "It is Finished," and the Earth shook like a massive Quake happening, that the very droplets of Blood dripping through the cracked rock landing upon the Pinnacle of Sacrifice, and could easily Completed the Ultimate Lamb Sacrifice right upon the Mercy Seat itself!

I see the story of Ron Wyatt's latter life, a man of Faith, and a desire to prove God to the doubting World, the same as I would see Abraham, Isaac, Peter, Wesley, Polycarp, Papias, current men of God living truly for Christ.   Wyatt, provided a rare hope to evidence and connection of the Bible.   I see no harm in his Work at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I even have my doubts whether its Biblical to look for or claim that you've found the Ark.  In ancient Israel God's presence was believed to be embodied by the Ark. God would dwell among his people as long as they were worthy, if not He allowed the Ark to be robbed and taken elsewhere (by Philistines and Romans). So the Ark isn't a mere object you can find when you look hard enough for it. The Ark is not a pagan idol, God's presence is not something you make your own property.  I believe that only when the people are worthy God will ALLOW it to be found, perhaps in the catacombes of  the Vatican or in some huge warehouse (he said in jest) and be taken again to the Temple Mount. 

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Always remember. In the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark " The Germans were looking in the wrong place because the staff was too tall.  LOL ! 

I'm sure God will reveal all when he is ready. 

The US Government has a massive warehouse with old military equipment and collectables....referred to as the Indiana Jones Warehouse where the movie shot was taken when they hid the crated ark.