IGNORED

Why did God place us in the time period on this earth we are now?

missmuffet

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,512
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Starise said:

Well the time period we are in has implications that didn't concern others in the past. I would have loved to chat with Abraham Lincoln here on Worthy but he has been dead for awhile. God is so very far above all of us we can't comprehend His had in every little detail. He knew you would ask this question and He knew I would answer with my usually rambling answers. 

Yes I like living in this time, but I might change my mind if AI is used against us, evil leaders oppress us and the ecology is all ruined. It's ok right now though.

I personally don't think I will be alive when Jesus returns but who knows? I guess anything is possible. The only difference between the dead in Christ and those still here when the Lord returns is a few milliseconds.

Luke 21:28 (KJV) And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Are all these things coming to pass [a convergence], never before seen in history? If I had a 'bippy' I'd sure bet it :D We don't know the day or hour, but we are definitely in the season. 

A cashless society, a global emissions tax and a New World Order [the Great Reset] is just around the corner. It is the setup and prelude to the official introduction of the Antichrist, and beginning of the Tribulation. We see the alignments and formation of the Gog-Magog invasion; reasons for Damascus's destruction; Elam's destruction and everything else. 

If the signs of the Tribulation are near, for pre-tribulationists, how much closer is our Rapture? 

Artificial intelligence (AI) is another sign of the time of which we live. As you are well aware, soft AI is with us now in many forms, functioning and spying on us. From all accounts I've seen, it will soon be perfected and become a singularity. An army of people, nor mega computers cannot control all buying, trade, selling and enforcement instantly. The genie is out of the bottle and there's no putting it back. I'll refrain from explaining how 5G [and upward] will also play a role in global instant control. 

For a myriad of reasons to lengthy to detail, I suspect major biblical prophecy to be fulfilled before or during 2028 A.D. If the Lord doesn't take me home. we shall see?

Speaking of Abraham Lincoln: The Lord established human government, He sets and removes kings, leaders, to include presidents. It's interesting that Lincoln had a number of what history details as "premonitions", including his death, that turned out to be fulfilled? Ever wonder about that?

It's also interesting to note how and when revisionist history was introduced into our public schools and universities. Another topic that deserves its own thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

Luke 9:62 ESV

Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

When it comes to prophecy I think we need to be looking at what has not been fulfilled. In order to do that we need to determine what has already been fulfilled. It seems to me far too many interpretations put future events on a back burner in lieu of looking back at what has happened. In order of importance TO US, much is still to happen.

It seems clear to me that we are indeed in the birth pangs. Yes people have been saying it for years. The difference it this time it IS REALLY HAPPENING. I don't think we can deny it. Just too many things lining up. All of the things you mentioned and many more are converging. I realize you needed to condense a lot of that because much of it is deep. Suffice it to say, YES I think we are very close to the events described in prophecy. 

Is it reason for fear or concern? Not for the Christian who put their faith on the Lord.

'Just in case' You are incorrect about the "rapture" which I suspect you are, you can still rest assured God will see us all through until the very end, either in death or in life. "Just in case' I am incorrect about the 'rapture' I will be pleasantly surprised and maybe asking a few questions about certain scriptures in the Bible when I get to heaven. I am not expecting to be skirted away to safety until some persecution and/or oppression has happened. Maybe worse than the world has ever seen."If" that ends up happening I'll be ready to just get it all over with. There are still too many evil men the Lord has to deal with in His own time.

I won't put a time on when I think the Lord will return, but I do think it is soon as in our lifetimes if we live long enough. I don't doubt a period of tribulation, it's the 'rapture' before it all happens that I can't yet consolidate as anything factual.

This isn't intended as an opportunity for a heated discussion about the end times , I just don't want all of the pre trib rapture believers to be overly surprised if you find out things aren't playing out quite the way you anticipated.

For the others who seem to me to be constantly 'looking back', please realize you might also be very surprised to learn about developments in these next few years. I think the main thing for everyone is to be anticipating, looking for our salvation and living right until that day arrives.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have been trying to wrap my mind around this. God placed everyone on this earth in a particular time period for His glory and for a plan he has in our life. Rather it was at the beginning of time such as Adam and Eve or now at the end times. He has a plan for this timing and for our lives.  It is beyond my understanding but God certainly has a reason. 

God our Father knew us before the creation of this world, it is with love and patients that we are born into this world at this time.

I would not be here, if my grandparents didn't leave England, so that my father would meet a women from New York and have a child. I then married a women whos parents came here from Italy and we had two daughters, who together had 5 sons

If I was born 1 year sooner or later, these 7 people would not exist. I would not have met my wife.

I had to meet my wife at that exact time and my parents needed to meet when they did and my grandparents and so on and so on, so that we can be who God wanted us to be. 

The question should not be why was I born in this time in history, but what Father can I do In these times to bring Glory and honor to you. How will you use me? May you find me willing to do your will.

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally believe that we are born as we are strictly by chance. GOD knew that we would be born because He knows the future, but i don't believe that He says "Ok, Rick, time for you to be born." He has a plan for our lives because He knew we would be born. If not me, than someone else would accomplish what the Lord has me here to do. Again, just my personal belief.

Edited by Rick_Parker

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Luke 9:62 ESV

Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

When it comes to prophecy I think we need to be looking at what has not been fulfilled. In order to do that we need to determine what has already been fulfilled. It seems to me far too many interpretations put future events on a back burner in lieu of looking back at what has happened. In order of importance TO US, much is still to happen.

It seems clear to me that we are indeed in the birth pangs. Yes people have been saying it for years. The difference it this time it IS REALLY HAPPENING. I don't think we can deny it. Just too many things lining up. All of the things you mentioned and many more are converging. I realize you needed to condense a lot of that because much of it is deep. Suffice it to say, YES I think we are very close to the events described in prophecy. 

Is it reason for fear or concern? Not for the Christian who put their faith on the Lord.

'Just in case' You are incorrect about the "rapture" which I suspect you are, you can still rest assured God will see us all through until the very end, either in death or in life. "Just in case' I am incorrect about the 'rapture' I will be pleasantly surprised and maybe asking a few questions about certain scriptures in the Bible when I get to heaven. I am not expecting to be skirted away to safety until some persecution and/or oppression has happened. Maybe worse than the world has ever seen."If" that ends up happening I'll be ready to just get it all over with. There are still too many evil men the Lord has to deal with in His own time.

I won't put a time on when I think the Lord will return, but I do think it is soon as in our lifetimes if we live long enough. I don't doubt a period of tribulation, it's the 'rapture' before it all happens that I can't yet consolidate as anything factual.

This isn't intended as an opportunity for a heated discussion about the end times , I just don't want all of the pre trib rapture believers to be overly surprised if you find out things aren't playing out quite the way you anticipated.

For the others who seem to me to be constantly 'looking back', please realize you might also be very surprised to learn about developments in these next few years. I think the main thing for everyone is to be anticipating, looking for our salvation and living right until that day arrives.

There are what, five different views about the Harpazo, or if there will even be one? I don't try to change anyone's mind on their belief of it anymore, but when I speak, I always speak from my position and viewpoint. It's part of my blessed hope and comforting one another. 

John 16:33 (KJV) These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Yea, I'd say. The early church and the Roman persecution and tribulations; the Spanish and Catholic inquisitions and crusades; the Muslims just to name a few. The same thing is coming again soon, global and more intense. We see the hatred rising globally and here in America, against the Jews and true born-again believers. Jews are fleeing France and Europe like crazy, back to their homeland, because Jewish persecution is picking up big time, they have nowhere else to go. 

Here in America, we see a big escalation in Jewish hate crimes, Satan never sleeps. Persecution of true born-again believers is gaining traction here in America. We are the problem, spewing out our intolerance and hate speech; graduating from a "basket of deplorables" to "domestic terrorists." On the whole, the church has caved into government and political correctness. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

I personally believe that we are born as we are strictly by chance. GOD knew that we would be born because He knows the future, but i don't believe that He says "Ok, Rick, time for you to be born." He has a plan for our lives because He knew we would be born. If not me, than someone else would accomplish what the Lord has me here to do. Again, just my personal belief.

With that train of thought, let me ask another question. Are we born by circumstances or chance? Are babies that escape abortion, with Down Syndrome, or disabilities, or abnormal, by chance and a mistake in the womb and genetics? Is God not involved with us, even in the womb?

Job 31:15 (KJV) Did not he that made me in the womb make him? and did not one fashion us in the womb?

Ecclesiastes 11:5 (KJV) As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

Isaiah 49:5 (KJV) And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.

Jeremiah 1:5 (KJV) Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

I personally would have a rough time reconciling that thought with just a few scriptures above?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

2 Timothy 3:1-5 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Throughout thousands of years these kinds of people listed above have existed.  These are the kinds of people Jesus told us to pray for and show love to.  We are here to be a light to these people.  To tell them of the peace, love, and mercy that comes from faith and belief in God.  We are here to be the mouth of Jesus in a dying world.  We are here to be the feet of Jesus walking through life with those who live in fear, anxiety and hopelessness.  We are here to be the hands of the Lord to heal, help, give, hug, and hold those hurt by life.

From the beginning, God told us to love one another.  This is why we are here in this time and this place.  If we do not show love, who will?

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

Perhaps, “for such a time as this,” the omniscient Lord placed us here because He knew we would be strong and courageous—that we would endure this time of Jacob’s trouble and stay faithful to the very end!  Think about what a privilege to be chosen to see our Messiah coming down from the sky! DC9F371D-46F6-4584-B66B-A16E5C9AC678.gif.d81cecbc2e53e69c636316dfcc4b2661.gif

~selah

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

I just posted this on another thread and thought I would share it here.  God is moving at an incredible pace in the hearts of many!

I am currently reading the scriptures of the tribe of Israel taking the Promised Land from the people living there.  The Israelite people and warriors, led by Joshua and Caleb, had witnessed the power of God time after time as they destroyed the inhabitants of the land.  Fear is everywhere.  The people of the land have seen the power of God.  They have heard the testimonies of those who witnessed the miracles provided by God to his chosen people when he took them out of Egypt.  They have heard the stories of the Israelite suffering for their disobedience while they wandered the desert for 40 years.  Now these people saw with their own eyes as the Israelite's came in to destroy them, their families, their property.  It was too late for them to be saved.  They cried out in fear to their gods and nothing saved them.  They were not spared by God in his wrath towards them.  God knew there was no way to change their evil hearts.  They were lost to him.  

Do we live in a time where the wrath of God is evident? 

We have numerous scriptures that tell us to fear God.  I remember as a little girl, when my mother would warn me, "Wait until your father gets home!"  For hours I feared the wrath of my father for whatever my wrong was.  I knew the punishment was inevitable.  We live in a day and age where fear is moving across the land in the believer and the unbeliever.  When the unknown, from day to day, is holding our minds hostage, we become afraid of what will happen.  Children of the Most High God know that only He can calm the fears of the day.  He can and will replace the fear with courage and wisdom.  There is nothing going on today that has not happened in times past.  It may be a more modern world but the hearts and actions of mankind are the same.  

Exodus 20:20 (NIV)
Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.”

Those who fear God and seek to live according to his words and commandments will be saved.  Those who follow false gods, those who follow their selfish desires, those who have no fear of the Most High God will be destroyed, annihilated, obliterated, wiped from the face of the earth, just as those who lived in the Promised Land. 

Edited by debrakay

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/18/2021 at 2:40 PM, Starise said:

I was recently wondering a similar thing. Why did God have me born in the US? Why not Norway or England or any other place? 

The simple answer would be my mother wasn't in any of those places. I'm trying to be funny but we could follow that logic a long way and probably arrive at the same answer. Why did you end up in western US while others here are somewhere else? Why are you a female and not born a male? 

The older I get the more I feel out of place in my own time period. A more concise answer to that feeling might be that I am beginning to feel less and less like this earth is my real home and more and more like I belong somewhere else. America isn't the America I knew 30 years ago and it seems to be heading into other more profound changes in the future, none of which I look forward to.

What time period do you think you would like to have been born in? I often give my Amish neighbors a ride. Their exposure to this time is far different than mine. They are going to get dropped off to cut hay while am going to go work on a computer. I am tempted to sometimes be envious of a life like that. I do know God has me right where He wants me. If my logic were involved I wouldn't be here doing this. Thank God He knows what's best for each of us.

A parting thought- We always emphasize the love of God in most Christian circles. The song " Jesus Loves Me" says it all, yet how often do we ask ourselves how much we love Jesus? 

How much do I inwardly love Him for allowing me to be here? Do we even at times understand what it is to love Him? Do we even comprehend love in the fullest as the created loves the creator? How do we express that emotion to Him a being we have never seen with our human eyes? How do we relate to that idea?

I feel like who were born to and where we grow up and grow around helps us to be who God wanted us to be.