IGNORED

Why does God let millions people killed by this pandemic ? Cant this world receive God's mercy and be healed ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, Faith-Not-Fear said:

I have heard preachers say that God is bringing judgment to this world because of unbelievers being more evil and Christians being more materialistic, worldly and tolerant of evil.

But I tend to think He permitted it to take place to bring the last days to an end and bring in the 7 year tribulation. They already want mandatory vaccines and digital covid passes for everyone.  Many now think that the future "mark" will be similar but in an implanted microchip.  (KJV bible says IN the hand or forehead.)

My grandparents said that about Social Security numbers, and mom and dad said that about barcodes.  I have friends that say that about credit cards if/when we go cashless.   My grandparents thought the end was near during the Spanish Flu epidemic.

I think personally that we want Jesus to come back so bad we are looking for things going on to show ourselves the time is here.    I still think he should have been here in 1988, but as you can see, he's late.

I also know from deep personal experience that you can mess with a happy life by focusing on the end and waiting and wanting it to come.  Every time I decide yep this or that is the start, the spirit just says......   yep just like 1988.

So I don't join in many of these threads, but I felt kind of led to express my opinion today.

Fact is that if we have the Holy Spirit, we don't have to be concerned about all these things for he will either protect us from it, or he'll get us through.   So if we have the Spirit there isn't anything to worry about.....   and if we don't we are pretty much (bad word skip it).  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, other one said:

My grandparents said that about Social Security numbers, and mom and dad said that about barcodes.  I have friends that say that about credit cards if/when we go cashless.   My grandparents thought the end was near during the Spanish Flu epidemic.

I think personally that we want Jesus to come back so bad we are looking for things going on to show ourselves the time is here.    I still think he should have been here in 1988, but as you can see, he's late.

I also know from deep personal experience that you can mess with a happy life by focusing on the end and waiting and wanting it to come.  Every time I decide yep this or that is the start, the spirit just says......   yep just like 1988.

So I don't join in many of these threads, but I felt kind of led to express my opinion today.

Fact is that if we have the Holy Spirit, we don't have to be concerned about all these things for he will either protect us from it, or he'll get us through.   So if we have the Spirit there isn't anything to worry about.....   and if we don't we are pretty much (bad word skip it).  

Out of curiousity, why 1988? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

In response to the question, "Why does God let millions people killed by this pandemic?", what is the other option?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

Out of curiousity, why 1988? 

Hal and I considered Israel becoming a state in 1948 the budding of the olive tree and a generation was 40 years in the desert.  God told them no one that refused to go into the promise land would go there except Joshua and I would think the others that said it would be ok; I don't remember how many others.   That generation died out in the 40 years and it just made common sense the end times would follow. Once we saw the leaves budding out that generation would see his return.

I'd been telling folks that for years and then Hal Lindsey wrote his book about it and then I was really convinced....   someone of his stature agreeing with me was the real cover I needed.    

I can't complain though for I am not sure I would have gone to heaven in 1988.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

On 9/10/2021 at 9:36 AM, LearningToLetGo said:

In response to the question, "Why does God let millions people killed by this pandemic?", what is the other option?

The world can repent and be healed actually.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:16 AM, other one said:

you can mess with a happy life by focusing on the end and waiting and wanting it to come.  Every time I decide yep this or that is the start, the spirit just says......   yep just like 1988.

The precise end times situation is described by apostle John in the book of Revelation, in 1988 have you seen the appearance of the 8th king of Revelation 17.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/245468-the-8th-king-of-revelation-17/

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The 1988 reference caught my attention!  I remember it very well for in my area, people were paying more attention to this cheap paperback book than the Word of God. I can't remember the author's name but the title was: "88 Reasons Jesus is Coming Back in 1988."

We had a family in our church who were rather sporadic in their attendance but when this book hit the shelves, they had a spot on the front pew. For several weeks they were very faithful. But then as it became clear, this was just another marketing ploy, they went back to their hit/miss attendance and within six months, they never came back!

I think the Christian community has done a great dis-service to those they are trying to present the Gospel message, for not confronting and exposing false teaching. From my vantage point I am seeing things starting to fall in place that I could not have imagined just a few short years ago! And if you start presenting a case to show the sequence of events that is paving the way for all the eschatological events that are in our future, you will get raised eyebrows and a tilted head response! "Yeah, yeah. I have seen and heard this show before. I am not interested in fairy tales and fiction, thanks but no thanks."

I do not believe that all the things swirling around us right now is the Mark of the beast or the Tribulation or any of many other claims being presented. But I do believe that people all over the world are being "groomed" to be willing to accept anything that is presented as another crisis!  Are we not seeing perception being presented as reality? This would include the cancel culture, woke ism, transgenderism, Critical race theory, etc. The list could go on, but that might be a better discussion for some other time.

maranatha

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Is it being suggested the only two options available are either to let people be killed by this pandemic because they're all just sinful hypocrites who must suffer and die or have mercy and heal them? If so then I respectfully submit it is the question itself that is the problem to be solved. 

God doesn't just "let" millions get killed. He deliberately kills many of them. Yes, we are all just sinful hypocrites who should be left to suffer and die and that itself would be an act of mercy because God would be justified if He he spoke every single one of us out of existence before we were ever born. The fact that you and I drew breath long enough to write these two posts is itself another act of grace and mercy..... whether or not we may die in the next minute of this pandemic or not (I am currently COVID positive :o). 

Hope you will recover soon, what are the symptoms ? Are you in hospital now ?

On 8/24/2021 at 12:34 AM, R. Hartono said:

Or are we and this world, all are just sinful hypocrites that God let to suffer and die ?

Sometimes pandemics and diseases are the only way for some people to turn to God.  That's what is important.  Too many people get wrapped up in this life and do not have the eyes fixed on eternity with Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On 8/24/2021 at 12:34 AM, R. Hartono said:

Or are we and this world, all are just sinful hypocrites that God let to suffer and die ?

His mercy has limits as the scriptures tells us, and we see even in ancient times.