Narrow gate

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 7 v. 13-14 talks about wide is the road and broad is the path that leads to destruction and many follow it then in v.14 narrow is the gate and there are few who follow it (paraphrasing) 

I guess my question is.... thinking about the 21 centuries full of billions and billions of people, have you ever just pondered how few the people made it through the narrow gate??? How many have followed the wide and broad path...I think the numbers are staggering. Like I don't like to think this way but it would seem like heavens numbers are small...then again I'm not God and I'm not the judge of humans so I'm not gonna question it. Just a random thought that crosses my mind every once in a while.

As always your 2 cents are always welcome on the topic ? 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

17 hours ago, Greenie said:

Matthew 7 v. 13-14 talks about wide is the road and broad is the path that leads to destruction and many follow it then in v.14 narrow is the gate and there are few who follow it (paraphrasing) 

I guess my question is.... thinking about the 21 centuries full of billions and billions of people, have you ever just pondered how few the people made it through the narrow gate??? How many have followed the wide and broad path...I think the numbers are staggering. Like I don't like to think this way but it would seem like heavens numbers are small...then again I'm not God and I'm not the judge of humans so I'm not gonna question it. Just a random thought that crosses my mind every once in a while.

See Rev 7:9  which say I saw a multitude that was too great to count standing before the throne.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

There are also indications that many, many will turn to Christ and be martyred during the tribulation. I fully expect there to be hundreds of millions, and possibly billions, in heaven. But yes, even more in hell, tragically.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Matthew 7: 13-14

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Jesus Christ is the door through which all must enter eternal life. There is no other way. Many will go through the narrow gate after they have entered the 7 year tribulation as unbelievers. Many will come to Christ at that time Revelation 7: 9-10.

Entering the narrow gate is not easy. Many will enter that gate through struggle and strain. No amount of effort saves us. Salvation is only by the grace of God. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

I think about the narrow gate often and what perplexes me about it is the big push to follow the masses. Do what everyone else does and think how everyone else thinks. 

We really must suffer to stand alone. If the gate is narrow and everyone is turning right why shouldn’t I turn left. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 9/6/2021 at 4:13 PM, Greenie said:

At any given moment, it seems to me about two-thirds of the world has gone astray. But when the two-thirds are on their death beds, maybe they see the error of their ways.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 9/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, Greenie said:

Hey! So read this then "After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,"

"of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues". Countless through out time are blind I like how the AMP says it "Jesus said to them, “If you were blind [to spiritual things], you would have no sin [and would not be blamed for your unbelief]; but since you claim to have [spiritual] sight, [you have no excuse so] your sin and guilt remain."

What would you or I do for that .. well Hes GOD He has always been so we are no matter how old just babies. How much how far would you go to save your baby you knew was lost? Hes GOD amp that to infinity. He left heaven became His creation.. look how we treated a GOD....the ONLY God.. look how we beat Him ripped his hair beard out.. wipped Him so bad almost no flesh left. When I was young...oh praise God I was bad. One night I didn't sneak out and go with my best friend (later lead to Christ) to a party. The next day I see him.. WOW Never seen someone face so fat. Seems some collage kids crashed that party and beat up all the people there. 

The point is.. what we did we as in man did to Christ what he really looked like after all that beating. I cry just writing this. He leaves the 99 to after the one. Its going to be ok. No one better at finding the lost. Then when we are with Him forever...oh .. He will still have the holes. Forgive me Father.. I forget just what you did for us.. thank you. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 9/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, Greenie said:

Wide = many ways to perdition

Narrow = one way to salvation (trust God, not self)

These are not statements of how many are saved!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

How many know that Jesus is YHVH incarnate?

The LORD of the Old Testament is Jesus.

That the Father of Jesus is the mystery

(as much as the incarnation itself) in the Old Testament.

Many believe or are taught that the Father is the LORD

of the Old Testament and Jesus was just waiting in the wings

until the New Testament. This is not true.

Jesus (preincarnate) is the Creator (Genesis 1:1)

John 1:1–3 (AV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16 (AV)
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Isaiah 44:24 (AV)
24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Genesis 1:1
1 In the beginning God the Word created the heaven and the earth.

The Father was there:

1 John 1:1–2 (AV)
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

as was the Holy Spirit:

Genesis 1:1–2 (AV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

This answers what John 1:1 declares God with God. This is who God the Word was with.

Much human opinion, misinterpretation, partial understanding etc. has produced the traditions of man that (in Jesus' own words) nullify the Word of God and make even the worship  of him null and void.

Mark 7:13 (NIV84)
13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Mark 7:7 (NIV84)
7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’

The traditions of man  typically bring legalism into Grace. Chiefest example of this is how the Old Testament is taught as New when they do not rightly divide the word of truth (specifically when the New Testament begins and the Old ends).

Hebrews 9:16–17 (AV)
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The New Testament did not begin until Christ Jesus died on the cross. The Old Testament is what Jesus said is finished "It is finished."

How many people know this or are taught this?

Yet it is in the Bible.

Matthew 7:21–23 (AV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Could this apply to the "billions" of Christians today?

Edited by JohnD