• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1957

Hello all,

In the book of Joel, the subject of the Day of the LORD is majored upon.  There is also much concerning this subject to be found in other places in Scripture.  We don't have to look far to discover that it is not something for the ungodly to look forward to.  As it reads in Amos 5:

18  Woe unto you that desire the Day of the LORD!  to what end is it for you?  the Day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

From Zephaniah 1 we read...

15  That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

16  A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

Looking closer at the book of Joel and his prophecies, we find evidences---which are consistently supported elsewhere in Scripture---that more than one Day of the LORD is being prophesied of.  In the opening chapter and most of chapter two, evidences indicate that the Day of the LORD here being spoken of is toward the Israelites and their land, a time of judgment that was looming, or at hand in the era of Joel's day.  In Joel 1 it reads,

15  Alas for the day!  for the Day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

In Joel 2 it reads,

1   Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain:  let all the inhabitants of the land tremble:  for the Day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

Then, beginning later in chapter two, evidences point to a Day of the LORD judgment that will take place in the last days that will be towards the whole earth, a time that has not yet taken place.  Consider again from Joel 2:

28  And it shall come to pass AFTERWARD, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh;  and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29  And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My Spirit.

30  And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31  The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, BEFORE THE GREAT AND THE TERRIBLE DAY OF THE LORD COME.

Interestingly, Peter makes a tie-in to this part of Joel's prophecy and what happened on the Day of Pentecost.  In Acts 2 he says in part,

16  BUT THIS IS THAT which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17  And it shall come to pass IN THE LAST DAYS, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh...

Looking again at the Day of the LORD judgment that Joel prophesies of at first, this Day of the LORD has taken place and holds lessons for all of humanity.  God had long warned His people Israel of what would befall them if they did not follow His commandments.  Well, they ceased to do so, and after long, long patience with them, what God had warned them of was about to take place.  What was it that God had warned them of?  At no other time was His warnings more fully revealed to them than near the end of Moses' life, when their forefathers were at the threshold of going in to take the land that God had promised them.  At that time, as recorded throughout Deuteronomy 28, Moses informed them both of the blessings that would come on them if they obeyed the LORD and of the cursings that would come on them if they did not.  Concerning the cursings, consider how some of the things of which they were warned compare with the words of Joel:

From Deuteronomy 28:

33  The fruit of thy land, and all thy labors, shall a nation which thou knowest not eat up;  and thou shalt be only oppressed and crushed alway:

34  So that thou shalt be mad for the sight of thine eyes which thou shalt see.

38  Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in;  for the locust shall consume it.

Then from Joel 1:

4   That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten;  and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten;  and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpillar eaten.

From Deuteronomy 28:

39  Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes;  for the worms shall eat them.

Then from Joel 1:

5   Awake, ye drunkards, and weep;  and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine, for it is cut off from your mouth.

From Deuteronomy 28:

42  All thy trees and fruit of thy land shall the locust consume.

Then from Joel 1:

7   He hath laid My vine waste, and barked My fig tree:  he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away;  the branches thereof are made white.

12  The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth;  the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered:  because joy is withered away from the sons of men.

From Deuteronomy 28

31  Thine ox shall be slain before thine eyes, and thou shalt not eat thereof:  thine ass shall be violently taken away from before thy face, and shall not be restored to thee:  thy sheep shall be given unto thine enemies, and thou shalt have none to rescue them.

51  And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed:  which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.

Then from Joel 1

18  How do the beasts groan!  the herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture;  yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate.

19  O LORD, to Thee will I cry:  for the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame hath burned all the trees of the field.

20  The beasts of the field cry also unto Thee:  for the rivers of waters are dried up, and the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness.

From Deuteronomy 28

29  And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways:  and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.

Then from Joel 2:

2   A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains:  a great people and a strong;  there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3  A fire devoureth before them;  and behind them a flame burneth:  the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness;  yea, and nothing shall escape them.

From Deuteronomy 28

49  The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth;  a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

50  A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:

Then from Joel 1:

6   For a nation is come up upon My land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

Of course, there is much more than this.  And worse, Moses warns the children of Israel that even every bad thing that wasn't at that time written in the law would come upon them.  Again, from Deuteronomy 28:

61  Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

I'm reminded of the times my earthly father chastened me.  He didn't have any easy whippings.  He may have got this from my paternal grandmother, for she made me cut my own switch one time and she striped my little 6 year old legs with it.  She didn't have any easy whippings either!  I submit that any Day of the LORD judgment is like that.  Consider the flood.  Consider Sodom and Gomorrah.

What was it that happened to the Israelites and their land that Joel prophesied of first?  It was the chastening hand of the Heavenly Father upon them.  And, this chastening is referred to as the Day of the LORD.  Further, the Father used Assyria first and then Babylon later as His chastening rods.  First, He used Assyria to chasten the northern kingdom, which had fell immediately and wholly into idolatry after the kingdom divided in Solomon's day.  Later, when the vacillating southern kingdom sank further and further into idolatry, God used Babylon to chasten it.  It certainly bespeaks the corrupted fallen condition of humanity that it would take such drastic measures for God's people (and all of humanity) to see the need to truly regard the Creator of the universe.

Important also to note is that the Assyrians and the Babylonians, especially the rulers, had their own lessons to learn.  For example, in Isaiah 10 we find this that God said of Assyria...

5   O Assyrian, the rod of Mine anger, and the staff in their hand is Mine indignation.

First of all, God used the Assyrians as His "rod" to chasten His people.  But, notice a few verses later what is said of their king when he got lifted up in pride, thinking that it was by their power that they had had such success:

12  Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed His whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.

13  For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom;  for I am prudent:  and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:

14  And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people:  and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth;  and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.

15  Shall the axe boast itself against him that heweth therewith?  or shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it?  as if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself, as if it were no wood.

16  Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness;  and under his glory He shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.

Finally, concerning the first Day of the LORD that Joel prophesied of, I think of Daniel in captivity in Babylon.  He knew that what had happened to his people and his nation was what they had been warned of in the law of Moses.  In Daniel 9, in his prayer of repentance, he says...

11  Yea, all Israel have transgressed Thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey Thy voice;  THEREFORE THE CURSE IS POURED UPON US, AND THE OATH THAT IS WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES the servant of God, because we have sinned against Him.

12  And He hath confirmed His words, which He spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil:  for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.

Back to Joel's prophecies, as I pointed out at the beginning of this post, he also prophesied of a future Day of the LORD, one that has not yet come to pass.  But, it too is looming.  The Day of the LORD judgment on our horizon will be worldwide in scope.  By all the evidences in Scripture, it will begin prior to the fulfilling of Daniel's 70th Week and will continue through this time to the event of Christ's Second Advent for the Battle of Armageddon and His Millennial Reign.  Finally, it will continue through the final destruction of this present world (Rev. 20:11;  II Pet. 3:10-13) and the Last Judgment (Rev. 20:11-15).  When this period of the Day of the LORD is finished, which will result in complete closure for this present world, then will begin that "Happily Ever After" part for God and all of His children in Heaven, which John saw and wrote of in Revelation 21-22.

I hope this opening post concerning Joel's prophecies will serve as a good lead-in for an interesting and enlightening thread, especially as it relates to the last days.  On my part, if necessary, a goal will be to show by further Scripture that the first Day of the LORD that Joel spoke of was fulfilled in the days of the Assyrian and Babylonian empires and concerned God's judgment at that time upon the Israelites for their idolatry and disobedience to Him.  Of course, a better understanding of this will help us to better understand the other Day of the LORD Joel prophesied of and how it concerns the last days and God's future judgment upon the world.  Finally, the subject of the timing of the rapture connects hard with the last days' Day of the LORD judgment, especially in relation to some specifics that we find in Joel's prophecy.  Ultimately, a better understanding of these things and how they interconnect with other last days' prophecies should help us in our efforts to correctly fit all the prophetic puzzle pieces together so that we can more clearly see the true last days' picture.

This thread is part of A Totally Different Pre-Daniel's 70th Week Rapture Interpretation that I have.  Here's a link to my master thread by that title, which also shows the other threads I have started relating to the subject of my different interpretation (https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/253935-a-totally-different-pre-daniels-70th-week-rapture-interpretation/).

Edited by not an echo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member

Something that has become very interesting to me concerning Joel's prophecies is this that we find in Acts chapter two.  There we have an account of the Day of Pentecost and of the Holy Spirit's enabling of the disciples to witness in other languages.  As a curious crowd gathers, Peter stands before them to clarify just what is taking place and appeals to something Joel wrote some 800 years prior.  In verse 16, Peter declares, "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel."  And what was that?  Peter begins by quoting this part of Joel's prophecy, which related to what was then happening.  Consider from Acts 2:

17  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh:  and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18  And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit;  and they shall prophesy:

What happened on the Day of Pentecost marked the beginning of the fulfilling of this part of Joel's prophecy.  And, this part pertained to God's pouring out of His Spirit upon the New Testament Church.  It could be said that this event marked the beginning, or inauguration of the era of the New Testament Church, commonly referred to as the Church Age.  For believers, it should not be too surprising that any prophecy be fulfilled.  What is sometimes surprising, however, is to find unanticipated elements in a prophecy.  Just such an element exists here.  Looking back, as it turns out, Joel's prophecy gives defining marks OF THE VERY DAY of the BEGINNING of the era of the NT Church.  But, equally as remarkable as this, it also gives defining marks OF THE VERY DAY of the CLOSING of this era.  This outstanding element of Joel's prophecy can be seen when its relationship to the 6th Seal of The Revelation is understood.  Follow closely.

That the era of the NT Church began of the Day of Pentecost is readily apparent.  When will this era end?  On the day of the rapture of the Church, just before the Day of the LORD begins.  With these things in mind, notice the last part of Joel's prophecy (that Peter quotes) and something else that will occur just before the Day of the LORD begins.  Again, from Acts 2:

20  The SUN shall be turned into DARKNESS, and the MOON into BLOOD,

before that great and notable Day of the Lord come:

This exact phenomenon concerning the sun and the moon is spoken of in The Revelation.  Before we look at the specific place, imagine that The Revelation is a treasure trove of mysteries (which it is!), each with its own padlock.  If the above words of Joel's prophecy represented notches on a key, the key with these notches would fit the lock of the mystery of---you guessed it---the 6th Seal.  Consider the similarity between the above verse of Joel's prophecy (Acts 2:20) and the opening and closing verses of the account of the 6th Seal (Rev. 6:12 and 17):

VERSE 12

And I beheld when He had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake;

and the SUN became BLACK as sackcloth of hair, and the MOON became as BLOOD;

VERSE 17

For the great day of His wrath is come;  and who shall be able to stand?

As can be seen, the first half of Acts 2:20 fits verse 12, and the last half fits verse 17.  This is the only place in The Revelation where this key from Joel's prophecy will fit.  I can almost hear the click.  Scripture consistently supports that the era of the NT Church will close on this day that the "sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood."  Of course, since the close of the era of the NT Church is brought about by the rapture, this happens the same day, as well.  Moreover, this all takes place just before the last days' Day of the LORD judgment begins---TO THE VERY DAY.  Summed up, Joel's prophecy marks both the opening and closing days of the era of the NT Church (like bookends), giving us a most important key to unlocking the mystery of the 6th Seal and the timing of the rapture.  All of this reminds me of the way puzzle pieces that are meant to fit together also interlock with other pieces.

Edited by not an echo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On a more personal and practical note, I can't hardly read the first chapter of Joel without thinking about my life experience some 40 years ago.  I think especially of this verse...

4   That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten;  and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten;  and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpillar eaten.

This is how I felt when I was 25.  Though I was saved when I was 10 years old, at 18 I had moved away from home and went down the path of the world.  At 25, I was at my bottom.  I had no true joy or peace, no sense of purpose or security, no real desire to live, and no hope that anything was going to get any better.  Outwardly, it looked like I was living the dream, but inwardly, I was bottomed out.  I would not have wanted anyone to know how it really was with me.  I was living a false face life.  It was the worst period of time in my life experience.  For me, it was like a time of the Day of the LORD judgment had come in my own life, only I didn't think about it like that back then.  Back then, I didn't know what to think.

I rarely went to church, and when I did, it was really for my grandparents' sake, so they wouldn't think I was a reprobate.  On one of those rare occasions that I went to church, God got my attention with the inspiration to give Him the same chance that I had given the world.  And, that same day, some hope was restored in my life---The hope that there was more to life than what I had been experiencing.  I have often thought that, whereas I had been saved when I was 10, it was not until I was 25 that I began to grow spiritually.  Said another way, it was like I woke up at 25, still a delivery room stage child of God.  I have never regretted giving the Lord the same chance I had given the world.  At first, I had thought in terms of doing this for about five years, and if things weren't better, I was just going to go back into the world and it would be whatever it would be.  But, about a month into my changed direction, I thought that how ever bad it got living for the Lord, it couldn't be as bad as what it had been.  I'm 63 now and it's hard to believe how God has changed everything around in my life.  This reminds me of something else that is found in Joel's prophecy, a promise connected with turning to the Lord.  Consider from chapter 2:

25  And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, My great army which I sent among you.

26  And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you...

I certainly want to praise the Lord for what He restored to my life, and all the increase besides! :)

Edited by not an echo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi not an echo,

Big bite there to chew on. Good to see your research.

Now just a point, the word `day` in Hebrew means - `a specific day,` and also a `time period.`

The Day of the Lord reveals both.  

Marilyn.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

I believe that all of Joel refers to the end times, as none of it has been literally fulfilled yet. 

It can be said that some of Joel figuratively fits ancient events, but just partially and are only a precursor for the final fulfillment; yet to happen. 

What Joel prophesies, are disasters that can and will happen. The means by which the Lord will use to carry out these dramatic things, can be discerned from all the Bible prophecies. 

The world today is very close to the way it was in the days of Noah and we know what happened then.  God did Promise to never again use water to punish mankind. However He has told us in over 70 prophesies that next time; He will use fire. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 9/14/2021 at 12:31 PM, not an echo said:

In verse 16, Peter declares, "But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel."  And what was that?  Peter begins by quoting this part of Joel's prophecy, which related to what was then happening.  Consider from Acts 2:

17  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh:  and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

On 9/14/2021 at 12:30 PM, not an echo said:

In Joel 2 it reads, ...

28  And it shall come to pass AFTERWARD, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh;

Note that Peter did NOT accurately quote Joel 2: he [apparently, unless he was misquoted] changed "it shall comes to pass after that" to "it shall come to pass in the latter days."

"After that" is the accurate reading both in the Hebrew text and in the Septuagint text.

Edited by WilliamL

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

On 9/14/2021 at 1:31 PM, not an echo said:

That the era of the NT Church began of the Day of Pentecost is readily apparent.  When will this era end?  On the day of the rapture of the Church, just before the Day of the LORD begins.  With these things in mind, notice the last part of Joel's prophecy (that Peter quotes) and something else that will occur just before the Day of the LORD begins.  Again, from Acts 2:

20  The SUN shall be turned into DARKNESS, and the MOON into BLOOD,

before that great and notable Day of the Lord come:

This exact phenomenon concerning the sun and the moon is spoken of in The Revelation.  Before we look at the specific place, imagine that The Revelation is a treasure trove of mysteries (which it is!), each with its own padlock.  If the above words of Joel's prophecy represented notches on a key, the key with these notches would fit the lock of the mystery of---you guessed it---the 6th Seal.  Consider the similarity between the above verse of Joel's prophecy (Acts 2:20) and the opening and closing verses of the account of the 6th Seal (Rev. 6:12 and 17):

VERSE 12

And I beheld when He had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake;

and the SUN became BLACK as sackcloth of hair, and the MOON became as BLOOD;

VERSE 17

For the great day of His wrath is come;  and who shall be able to stand?

As can be seen, the first half of Acts 2:20 fits verse 12, and the last half fits verse 17.  This is the only place in The Revelation where this key from Joel's prophecy will fit.  I can almost hear the click.  Scripture consistently supports that the era of the NT Church will close on this day that the "sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood."  Of course, since the close of the era of the NT Church is brought about by the rapture, this happens the same day, as well.  Moreover, this all takes place just before the Day of the LORD begins---TO THE VERY DAY.  Summed up, Joel's prophecy marks both the opening and closing days of the era of the NT Church (like bookends), giving us a most important key to unlocking the mystery of the 6th Seal and the timing of the rapture.  All of this reminds me of the way puzzle pieces that are meant to fit together also interlock with other pieces.

The Church is already in heaven at least 7 years before Joel 2 happens.

We see the elders in heaven casting their crowns to the throne.

Rev 4

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

We also see the Church in heaven before the seals are opened.

Rev 5

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The seals are the 70th week of Daniel. They have nothing to do with the Church. There is a reason that the Church is not mentioned again after the seals are opened until Rev 19. 

It is the 12 tribes across the earth that are raptured at the 6th seal as we can prove in Rev 15 among other places.

Rev 15

2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

It is the Jews that sing the song of Moses not the Church.

But you probably don't understand that Rev 14 occurs at the 6th seal as we can prove in Rev 14

Rev 14

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

The wrath of God that occurs at the 6th seal is the same exact wrath of God that occurs in Rev 14.

2 hours ago, Da Puppers said:

Rev 14 takes place at the timing of the 7th Trumpet, [the wrath of Almighty God]   and not at the 6th Seal,  [the wrath of the Lamb].

This is not correct. The wrath of God and the wrath of the Lamb are the same thing.

The 7th Trumpet heralds the day of God's wrath,  and the kingdom of the Son,  and it is also the great trumpet that heralds the gathering of the elect remnant and it is the time of Jacob's trouble.  It is the day of the Lord. 

The 7th trumpet is the end of wrath. Jesus has returned and set up His kingdom on earth. It is the time of judging the dead and the giving of rewards.

Rev 11

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 11

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Jer 30:3-7 KJV 3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. 4 And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. 5 For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. 6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? 7 Alas! for THAT DAY is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.

The gathering of the elect of Israel and the DOTL and the time of Jacob's trouble are one and the same day. 

Exactly.

Mat 24:31 KJV And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Eze 30:3 KJV For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; 

2  A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations. 

The 6th Seal is the wrath of the Lamb.  The 7th Trumpet is the wrath of God Almighty. 

The wrath of the Lamb at the sixth seal is the same as the wrath of God. 

The 7th trumpet is the END OF THE WRATH OF GOD WHICH IS THE SAME AS THE WRATH OF THE Lamb. We can prove that because nothing happens at the sixth seal as far as wrath goes. It is not until the 7th seal and the blowing of the first trumpet that wrath occurs. Additionally we see Jesus returning for Armageddon at the 6th vial. So is that the wrath of God, the wrath of the Lamb or neither? FYI The vials are just a different view of things that happen in the wrath of God. The 7th trumpet is the end of wrath just as the 7th vial is the end of wrath

The end of Rev 16 is just a repeat of Rev 11

Rev 11 

19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Rev 16

17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Again, the wrath of God is over at the 7th trumpet as we can prove additionally with scripture.

Rev 10

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

We can clearly see that when the 7th angel begins to sound, the mystery of God should be finished.

Rev 6:16 KJV And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Rev 11:17-18 KJV 17 Saying, We give thee thanks,

O Lord God Almighty,

which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. 18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

The DOTL can't come until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 

I understand that the DOTL can't come until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in. That event occurs before any seals are opened. The seals are the 70th week of Daniel. The Church is already in heaven before the seals are opened.

Rom 11:25 KJV For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

This is why Paul says: 

2Th 2:1-3 KJV 1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Part of Israel is blind until the fulness of the Gentiles comes in. The fulness of the Gentiles will come in at the pre tribulation, pre 70th week rapture of the Church. During the 70th week of Daniel, God has turned His attention to the second harvest. The fig tree has two harvests. The 12 tribes across the earth are raptured at the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal. Only unbelievers and those in the nation of Israel that flee as instructed to a place of protection are on earth during the wrath of God. Gods people are not appointed to wrath, none of them. The Church will escape the 70th week of Daniel, which is the seals, which is the tribulation period that includes the beginning of sorrows. The twelve tribes across the earth will go through the tribulation and be raptured before the DOTL. Those that flee in the nation of Israel to a place of protection will are also not appointed to wrath.

Edited by The Light

The phrase,  "thy wrath is come", is an aorist participle meaning that the action of the verb is not in the past.   The subject of the verb is the sounding of the 7th Trumpet.   It is just beginning at the 7th Trumpet,  not ending. 

That line of thought cannot overcome the FACT that the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord. This means that Jesus has set up His kingdom on earth. This means that the Lord has returned with his armies and Armageddon has occurred. This further proven by the FACT that the mystery of God should be finished as declared by the prophets. So your claim is not supported by the scripture.

Psalm 110 matches that of the 6th Seal... the wrath of the Lamb is come. 

Psa 110:5 KJV The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

The Lord Jesus sits at the right hand of God Almighty,  this psalm makes that clear.   His wrath "is come", and not has come. 

If we keep things in context and read what it says, things are clear. The Lord at they right hand shall shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. That's Armageddon. That is what happens at the 6th vial. It's also likely what happens during the 7 thunders as we have the result of the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord.

The scripture is clear. All you need do is read what it says.

from the wrath of the Lamb:

17  For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

"Is come", the subject of which is the opening of the 6th Seal.   It is the beginning of the wrath of the Lamb,  just as the 7th Trumpet is the beginning of the wrath of God. 

This is just something that has been made up by those that don't understand that the coming of Jesus in Matt 24 is not the second coming when Christ sets up His kingdom on earth.. I hear Perry Stone say this all the time, but it's wrong. The wrath of God and the wrath of the Lamb are the same as proven by the FACT that, the Lamb, Jesus is seen, coming with his armies at the 6th vial at Armageddon. 

Rev 16

12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

This could not happen if the wrath of the Lamb was over at the 7th trumpet and the wrath of the Lamb and the wrath of God were not the same. They are the same.

The wrath of God comes via the mark of the beast deceiving the world into believing his lie.   It is the lie put forth by the man of sin.   It is the (origin) of the God's wrath in the DOTL. 

There is nothing to support the claim that the mystery of God is his wrath. 

The mystery of God is finished as declared by the prophets. That kind of speaks for itself. It is of course further supported by the kingdoms of this world becoming the kingdoms of our Lord. Which is further supported by the FACT that rewards are given at this time. The Word speaks for itself. All we need do is read it and believe what it says.

The 7 vials are the fulness of God's wrath. 

Exactly. Just as the 7 trumpets are the fulness of God's wrath. The vials are just a different view from the trumpets of what happens during the wrath of God.

Rev 15:1 KJV And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

The word for filled up is teleo, meaning to bring to completion. 

Exactly. Just as the kingdoms of this world becoming the kingdoms of our Lord shows us that wrath is complete at the 7th trumpet. 

The 7th trumpet is the end of the wrath... the wrath of the Lamb and but the beginning of the wrath of God.   With a concurrent view of things, things become just a garbled mess. 

How can your claim be true? You have already posted the proof that it's not. 

Psa 110:5 KJV The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

You say that the wrath of the Lamb is over at the 7th trumpet. We know that Jesus returns for Armageddon at the 6th vial, and we see that the Lord shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. These verses prove what you are saying is incorrect.

I don't think you do.   Jesus said that the times of the Gentiles begins with the scattering of the children of Israel and troddening down of Jerusalem. 

Luk 21:24 KJV And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

And that will last for 42 months during the reign of the 2nd beast when he ascends from the bottomless pit.  

Rev 11:2 KJV But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

This is when Israel's blindness ends,  Isa 6, et al.

The times of the Gentiles is the DOTL.  Eze 30:3.  It is the time õ Jacob's trouble. 

Be Blessed 

Rom 11

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

I don't believe you understand the difference between the "times of the Gentiles" and the "fulness of the Gentiles" . These are two completely different events. You should be able to Google for an explanation.  of the difference.

Edited by The Light

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The day of the Lord comes, it is near at hand.

A fire devours before them and behind them a flame burns

The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses
and as swift steeds shall they run.

And the Lord shall utter His voice before His army.

Joel 2:1,3-4,11

Be glad then ye children of Zion,
and rejoice in the Lord your God,
for He has given you the teacher of righteousness
and He (the teacher of righteousness, the Messiah)
will cause to come down for you the rain...
And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel..
[the Messiah is God in the flesh]
And it shall come to pass afterward 
that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh
[Luke 23:46, Acts 2:14-21,38] via the death and resurrection of the Messiah.

Joel 2:23-27

For behold, in those days, and in that time,
when I shall bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem [Ezekiel 37:1-14]
I will also gather all nations... 
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision:
for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.
The sun and moon shall be darkened...
The Lord shall also roar out of Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem:
and the heavens and the earth shall quake

Joel 3:1-2,14-17

I know that my Redeemer lives
and that He shall stand, at the last day,
upon the land. And even if worms destroy this body,
yet in my flesh will I see God.   Job  19:25- 26 [it's about resurrection and the last day]

Israel's dead men shall rise,
together with my dead body shall they arise
...and the earth shall cast out its dead. Isaiah 26:19  [resurrection]

In that day, the Lord with His strong and severe and great sword (His mouth Rev 19:21)
shall punish Leviathan and He shall slay the dragon. Isaiah 27:1  [the last day; beast and false prophet]

Come from the four winds oh breath of life, and breath upon these slain that they may live.
And they stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army. Ezekiel 37:9-10 [resurrections into a great army]

[ Ezekiel 37:1-14 Resurrections
   Ezekiel 37:15-28 Reign
   Ezekiel 38 and 39 Gog and Magog

Revelation 20:4-5 Resurrections
   Revelation 20:5-7 Reign
   Revelation 20:7-10 Gog and Magog ]

He shall send forth His angels with the great sound of a trumpet
and they shall gather together His chosen ones from the four winds
Matthew 24:31

The dead in Christ shall rise first [Job 19:25-26, Isaiah 26:19, Psalm 16:10]
then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds,
to meet the Lord in the air, and thereafter we shall always be with the Lord.
1 Thess 4:16-17

when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God...
when He shall come to be glorified in His saints. 2 Thess 1:7-10

The righteous [the saints] shall rejoice when they see the vengeance,
they shall wash their feet in the blood of the wicked. Psalm 58:10

To you who fear my name shall the Son of Righteousness arise...
and you [the saints] shall trample down the wicked,
they shall be ashes under your feet in the day that I do this says the Lord.
Malachi 4:2-3

Behold the Lord comes with 10,000's of His saints to do doom upon all flesh.
Jude 1:14-15

The marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready.
To her was granted to be clothed in fine linen white and clean...

The armies in the sky followed Him upon white horses,
dressed in fine linen white and clean..

And I saw an angel standing in the sun
and he cried with a loud voice
saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of the sky,
come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God...

And the beast was taken and with him the false prophet...
these both were thrown alive into a lake burning with fire and brimstone
and the rest were slain with the sword of Him that sat upon the horse
which sword proceeded from His mouth, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.

Revelation 19:7-21