Amigo42

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

The more I learn about the historic and cultural context in which the Bible was written, the more I realize that we really don't know as much as we think.

What if people will be in heaven who we thought would not be like some Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus?  This might seem heretical, but what if people are saved by the blood even if they don't realize it.  There are people who live righteous lives up to the knowledge they have.  Yes, Jesus is the only way.  However, the patriarchs did not know Jesus such as Moses, David, etc. Yet, these people are saved.  This is food for thought.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

49 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

The more I learn about the historic and cultural context in which the Bible was written, the more I realize that we really don't know as much as we think.

What if people will be in heaven who we thought would not be like some Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus?  This might seem heretical, but what if people are saved by the blood even if they don't realize it.  There are people who live righteous lives up to the knowledge they have.  Yes, Jesus is the only way.  However, the patriarchs did not know Jesus such as Moses, David, etc. Yet, these people are saved.  This is food for thought.

I figure that if you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself, the gate to heaven is open.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

51 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

That is God's job. He knows who are saved and who are not saved. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

2 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

For me its hard to hold someone accountable to truth they never new. Man has Gods ways written on their hearts. Jesus said if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains. Everyone gets a choice some how some way. HAHA praise GOD its HIs creation... He leaves the 99 to go after just one. So I believe there will be so many there we never thought could make it.. SO AWESOME! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

2 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

However, the patriarchs did not know Jesus such as Moses, David, etc. Yet, these people are saved.  This is food for thought.

They believed in the Messiah and His redeemer work, which the Creator uttered by the prophets.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Amigo42 said:

You have expressed a great truth about the love and mercy of God towards a hapless human race that has been made wicked by the work of spiritual wickedness of ruling angels that are Earthbound. 

As to humans being conscious of good and evil that applies to all humans regardless of their time in history and their societies. 

Many who love to condemn everybody but a handful of souls (no doubt their own church) are forgetful that there are two resurrections accompanied by two judgements. 

Rev 20:5  The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 
6  Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. 

The first resurrection is the church of God - the Spirit-filled church of saints; and perhaps also OT saints and prophets. Paul writes of this in 1Corinthians, 2Corinthians and in 1Thessalonians.

Then there is also a second resurrection with a second judgement to come -

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 
12  And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 

At this judgement everybody who has ever lived in history from Genesis 1 to the last day and not in the first resurrection will stand before the great white throne and be judged by the works they have done in their lives. This will apply to hunter gatherers of indigenous tribes, peasants and slaves of every civilization, cowboys and Indians, the political elites and the uber rich, children and those slaughtered early, victims of war, millions and millions of people will be judged righteously by God who knows all things.

This is why Jesus went to the cross - not just for His church, but also for everybody else that God will have mercy upon. 

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.  Matthew 5:5

But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace.  Psalm 37:11

Rev 20:15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

This scripture teaches us that not everyone is thrown into the Lake of Fire.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus said HE is the ONLY way to the Father.

In Gethsemane Jesus prayed if there were any other way than that he went to the cross,  and there was only silence from heaven meaning there is no other way.

We who place far too much worth on human life (when compared to God and his will, that is) attempt to remedy in our minds or beliefs or doubts that there has to be more ways than just the one. 

We should rather be eternally grateful that there even IS one way!

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

19 hours ago, Waggles said:

You have expressed a great truth about the love and mercy of God towards a hapless human race that has been made wicked by the work of spiritual wickedness of ruling angels that are Earthbound. 

As to humans being conscious of good and evil that applies to all humans regardless of their time in history and their societies. 

Many who love to condemn everybody but a handful of souls (no doubt their own church) are forgetful that there are two resurrections accompanied by two judgements. 

Rev 20:5  The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 
6  Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. 

The first resurrection is the church of God - the Spirit-filled church of saints; and perhaps also OT saints and prophets. Paul writes of this in 1Corinthians, 2Corinthians and in 1Thessalonians.

Then there is also a second resurrection with a second judgement to come -

Rev 20:11  Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 
12  And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 

At this judgement everybody who has ever lived in history from Genesis 1 to the last day and not in the first resurrection will stand before the great white throne and be judged by the works they have done in their lives. This will apply to hunter gatherers of indigenous tribes, peasants and slaves of every civilization, cowboys and Indians, the political elites and the uber rich, children and those slaughtered early, victims of war, millions and millions of people will be judged righteously by God who knows all things.

This is why Jesus went to the cross - not just for His church, but also for everybody else that God will have mercy upon. 

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.  Matthew 5:5

But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace.  Psalm 37:11

Rev 20:15  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

This scripture teaches us that not everyone is thrown into the Lake of Fire.

There is only one way of salvation - by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ.

Eph. 2:8,9 (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gal. 1:8,9 (KJV)

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,318
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

Indeed, there is only one way: the Son of the living God, who is the Judge of both the living and the dead and the Almighty. It's clear from the testimony of the scriptures and the words of our Lord that there is more than one meaning associated with "the dead;" the dead are those who are not in Christ. 

Our brother @Waggles has shared relevant scripture which testifies that the dead will be resurrected (the second resurrection), judged, and some will be granted life by the Judge of both the living and the dead upon His throne. As for the living, those who will never taste death? We shall be with Him, for we will judge angels. Our part is the first resurrection and our inheritance is the Lord Himself. 

We are already seated with Christ in the heavenly places and we reign with Him, His holy nation of kings and priests. This is our inheritance promised by the Son of God.  The dead will be judged according to their works and as the scripture informs us, some will be granted life. Who are we to question the righteous judgment of God?

• Thumbs Up 2