IGNORED

Lost my faith!?

Not at all, I definitely have not lost my faith. Never will that happen. 

Since covid began I have not gone to church, for safety. Even now, I'm just not ready.

Some people have asked me recently why I do not go and have I lost my faith. 

The answer is yes actually, I have lost faith -in people. Certainly not in God. People's behaviour during this crisis has been often appalling. Look at the stupid panic which contributed to and largely caused, the petrol shortage last week. 

My faith grows ever stronger but I am changed, changed by coping with this crisis. My interests have taken new directions in how I do things, how my time is spent. Church is not essential any longer. 

I do find people's assumptions and insensitivity astonishing. I would never question anyone else's faith. I would be available if anyone wishes to talk about any difficulty certainly. I feel upset that anyone should question my love and relationship with Jesus Christ. He without whom I cannot even breathe or exist. Church attendance is a personal choice. Some people really think one is not a Christian without being physically at church every week. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Guest changed the title to Lost my faith!?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

Church attendance is a personal choice.

Sorry no it is not.

Look at the OT there worship was compulsory for those who were Jewish. Now it is not the law of the land that we must worship but it is Jesus's command for us.

Christianity is not intended to be lived in isolation, but as part of a community of believers who meet together regularly.

Look through the NT and you will find that Jesus and the apostles regularly went to the synagogue in order to worship.

Paul gathered new Christians together in church groups, who met regularly.

Covid is a problem for many who are vulnerable, but there are you tube services and zoom meetings, some churches have whats ap groups etc etc 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Since covid began I have not gone to church, for safety. Even now, I'm just not ready.

The answer is yes actually, I have lost faith -in people. Certainly not in God. People's behaviour during this crisis has been often appalling. Look at the stupid panic which contributed to and largely caused, the petrol shortage last week. 

My faith grows ever stronger but I am changed, changed by coping with this crisis. My interests have taken new directions in how I do things, how my time is spent. Church is not essential any longer. 

I do find people's assumptions and insensitivity astonishing. I would never question anyone else's faith. I would be available if anyone wishes to talk about any difficulty certainly. I feel upset that anyone should question my love and relationship with Jesus Christ. He without whom I cannot even breathe or exist. Church attendance is a personal choice. Some people really think one is not a Christian without being physically at church every week. 

Is this how you want to live your life? Bitter and angry towards people?  You must keep in mind that you and I are no better than any of them, and that the ONLY thing standing between us and the gates of hell is the grace of God. Life is like a garden and bitterness and unforgiveness are like weeds that will keep our garden from flourishing.  Do not let the people who upset have the power to ruin your life. Forgive them, give them to God and let them go, and let your garden be filled with happy little daisies and the  bounty of God's blessings

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Attending a Church is not essential for faith. You can be a born again believer and saved if you do not go to a Church. Yes, attending a Church is a personal choice if your relationship with God is daily and you stay in daily prayer. 

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Lost my faith!?

This is a great question for all of us to say constantly. After all, as Paul said:

• 1Co 10:12  -> "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

Well I am not going anywhere until I feel safe. I take the covid threat very seriously. At present I minimise going into any group of people. 

God is not in any building. He is with each of us. I do watch the videos of our vicars services and prayers on my phone and they mean a lot to me. I study my Bible and prayer every day. 

However, I do realize collective worship is good, right and proper. In due course I will go to church again but when I feel ready, not when ordered to go. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

For me to say "never happen".. seems the enemy rushes in and then God will test us. Case in point Peter? "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.”.  Now remember in this case Peter walked with Christ for years. It never comes at us like we think. Something we never ever thought would happen. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Well I am not going anywhere until I feel safe. I take the covid threat very seriously. At present I minimise going into any group of people. 

God is not in any building. He is with each of us. I do watch the videos of our vicars services and prayers on my phone and they mean a lot to me. I study my Bible and prayer every day. 

However, I do realize collective worship is good, right and proper. In due course I will go to church again but when I feel ready, not when ordered to go. 

You're not alone. At my own church, only about half the members are actually attending services in person; the rest watch them on Zoom.

Perception of risk is very subjective (this goes for all risks, not just Covid). I've been vaccinated, which I consider reduces my risk to an acceptable level. Absolute "safety" isn't the issue for me. It won't get any better than this for the foreseeable future (unless and until someone invents a better vaccine) - so my husband and I are trying to live a normal life. But I know that other people see things differently.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Hello Melinda,

We all have our own thoughts and opinions on how to deal with and protect ourselves during this virus. Nothing wrong with that. Certainly, one does not have to be baptized or attend church to be saved, or love the Lord any less.  

Personally, I prefer to take my chances and attend church, because:

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Do I see "the day" approaching? Absolutely! In fact, I personally see this pandemic, mutations, and variants as part of the birth pains leading up to the tribulation (Matthew 24:7). Just this Covid outbreak alone is going to last a very long time, no telling what else will rear up in the meantime. 

Like everyone else, I take precautions the best I can. You don't need to even be in contact with people to get it. I understand this virus can live many hours on any surface? If true, we can get infected by exchanging money, accepting a check, handling the mail or groceries dropped off, a delivery or service driver; so many ways. 

Personally speaking, and others mileage will vary but... I need the exhorting, uplifting and encouragement, I find assembling and gathering with fellow Christians. I was not built to be a loner going it by myself. 

Matthew 18:20 (KJV) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I am not going into detail, but I am totally convinced, we are being intentionally lied to by the one world health organizations from the start. W.H.O. someone may ask, yes guess WHO. And their puppets like Dr. Fuuci, a proven serial liar here in the U.S. 

But anyway, I am old; we have plenty of elderly people in our church not attending because of this virus. In fact, at least half of them either contracted the virus, or have close family that did and were exposed. I'm certainly not making any judgments or giving any advice whatsoever. It's a personal decision each of us should make, and respect and not question someone else's motives or decisions on prevention and precautions. I know some people with an abnormal fear of catching the virus.

Just my thoughts Melinda, have a great day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

You sound very scared. Are you vaccinated? Maybe thatll quell your fears.