The_Patriot21

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Have some giving time instead of just offering time and attendance will rise.

Giving time:

It's the same as offering time except that all attending must be known members*
(however you want to specifically define that)

All money collected is handed up as normal, but also counted.
All members are known*, and beginning with the poorest members the money is distributed evenly among those attending.
If there are specific needs known,they are addressed, for example if a Mom needs 200 for a light bill,
etc... the purpose of giving time is just that, such that all members have their basic bills paid.
The pastor lives inside of the Church building and does not receive a salary.
A modern money pool Church style.  Perhaps it only happens once a month, a special giving time service,
but it should happen dear ones, it really should happen.

Imagine 50,000 people attending, lets say they all hand in an average of 10 dollars.

500,000 dollars distributed evenly back among the people.. 10 dollars each,
but each person that put in more than 10 dollars should speak up,
and therefore forgo or pass on their share, and each that sincerely needs more than 10 should speak up to receive.

Now, in a mega Church where 50k people really attend, do you think that 2 of those 50k put in more than 10 dollars?
Do you think 2 of the 50k put in more that 1000 dollars ??
Yes, indeed, we can safely assume there are many that put in 10% of their income,
especially in a mega Church where prosperity is the message...

That money should be being distributed directly back to the congregation from time to time.

With the rich* crying out "skip me" and the poor* crying out their need, each going home with
the ability to for sure pay their basic bills. And indeed Church attendance would skyrocket.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

12 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

But the same could be said of going into a church building, sitting on a pew, and going no further than exchanging pleasantries and greetings with people.

I got involved with a fellowship that had just acquired a large buiding that used to be a freight centre for a trucking firm. There was lots of work going on which I was happy to assist with. I also found a midweek evening Bible study group to attend. Unfortunately, although on the surface people were nice enough, relationships were very shallow and authoritarian, hierarchical elitism ran deep.

It was a large congregation with a high ministry turn-over. Workers who were willing and enthusiastic became frustrated and disgruntled when they were overshadowed or sidelined and recognition and promotion weren't forthcoming.

There was a big campaign called "CONNECT" that was supposed to generate warm fellowship. Money was spent on posters, flyers, brochures, you name it . . . but people stayed in their cliques, particularly young people whose body language said " UNWELCOME".

Ultimately the excessively loud rock music in services killed it for me, so I sought the LORD for an escape from that organisation. 

Mat 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the middle of them.” 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hey.. no clue who this guy is. I do agree praise God. Not sure just who he is speaking to. Theres no condemnation or guilt not saying he did that.. to those in Christ. Yes its a wonderful thought or belief that ALL of those believers after Christ rose (PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS) met in homes. Ok.. Yes we all been given gifts and .. its always about others praise God. I remember from the start when I was 14 or so thinking about Church. I always thought it should be for sinners or those that just got saved. Yet so full of just believers.. all need to be lead praise God. See I believe most of US should be out there..sharing preaching. The 12 (with Paul) made it to CHRUCH every Sat (or Sun)? Each one of us are the Church. Just meeting together somewhere.. hello that is Church.

Its just hard now to know WHO is really of God. Shall I just say Baptist or Word of Faith? We can't just say JESUS CHRIST is lord came in the flesh died on the cross for the worlds sin. Was buried rose the 3rd day is the only way to the Father. <---that alone is not good enough any more. We all know we should..some have not gone for years. In all those years the only ones that said a word were "Christians" and not in a loving way just condemning way a guilt way. Christ? Didn't have to ever bring it up. Why? The word told us already.. don't forsake.. So we all know.. now we do it or don't. Best to do it.. but no guilt no condemnation from God ..ever. 

I think home Churches are going to grow like never before.. already are praise GOD.. help me find one Father in Jesus name. Church shared before.. in LA Preacher came to our door.. yeah right.. he did. Don't see that do we. So moved to Colorado (help late mom). Just talking to Jesus saying.. remember that preacher that came to our door.. be nice if that happened again. We been here and don't know where to go. I think a week or so later one night KNOCK KNOCK at our door. A older man asks if so and so is there.. I said no sorry. He says thanks turns to leave then just stops. I could hear him say to himself "no the lord would not have me go to the wrong door". Comes back hands me this card. Seems a word preacher...what are the odds :)

Does HE want you to go to Church? Or do you? Ask Him.. Hes real.. ask Him anything.. He LOVES to hear about EVERY area of our lifes.. loves it when we ASK for things we can not do. He loves it when we pray to HIM about every area of our lifes..sorry got lost .. 

So Church is still here.. it is growing .. might now see it in the natural but it is growing.. and amen SIS many can't go

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I would venture to say the vast majority of members here at Worthy do not attend church regularly.

I would also venture to say the vast majority, or overwhelming majority of members here, we're saved in a church, or some church ministry.

Every group of assembled believers in the body of Christ, has the same problems you do, sin. But they hang together and support each other and uplift and pray for each other and create a family. My wife and I have been members in our local body for over 40 + years. I cannot begin to guess how many hundreds  of lost came to a saving knowledge through our local body of believers. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have no family of Believers to fellowship with. Really... I feel for those who are sick or infirm, or have no transportation or friends that could bring them together at church.

There probably are a lot of reasons some have for not attending an assembly of believers by those who could. I wonder where the reasons originated from, and what spirit was more than happy to create them.

God is light...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Sower said:

I would venture to say the vast majority of members here at Worthy do not attend church regularly.

I would also venture to say the vast majority, or overwhelming majority of members here, we're saved in a church, or some church ministry.

Every group of assembled believers in the body of Christ, has the same problems you do, sin. But they hang together and support each other and uplift and pray for each other and create a family. My wife and I have been members in our local body for over 40 + years. I cannot begin to guess how many hundreds  of lost came to a saving knowledge through our local body of believers. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have no family of Believers to fellowship with. Really... I feel for those who are sick or infirm, or have no transportation or friends that could bring them together at church.

There probably are a lot of reasons some have for not attending an assembly of believers by those who could. I wonder where the reasons originated from, and what spirit was more than happy to create them.

God is light...

If have to go into care hopefully there will be in-house meetings of Christians for you to attend. I used to lead a prayer and hymn-singing team that went around pretty much all the local resthomes every Sunday afternoon on rotation. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Michael37 said:

If have to go into care hopefully there will be in-house meetings of Christians for you to attend. I used to lead a prayer and hymn-singing team that went around pretty much all the local resthomes every Sunday afternoon on rotation. 

Where there's a will, God willing there will be a way.

Sounds to me Michael like pure religion undefiled. Bringing the church to those who cannot.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Whats sad, is every time church attendence is brought up it turns intona argument-one side finding excuse after excuse not to go while listing every single problem with the church today, and the other berating them for it-thereby proving the first side right.

Keeping fellowship with the church is a basic, biblical Christian fundamental. The Bible clearly states not to forsake the church. To do so, regardless of your excuses, is disobedience. Is the church the same as it was 2000 years ago? No its not. Is it flawed? Absolutely it is. But your not going to fix it sitting at home watching whatever TV preacher is popular at the time.

While on the same note...being ultra legalistic, hammering down on those that dont go to church or dont go to your "style" of church, isnt going to encourage people to go to church. You can be 100% in the right, but yet be totally worthless without love. 

There should be no argument among Christians, only discussions on how to make the church better. How to encourage people to go. If something the church is doing is discouraging people from going we should be discussing how to fix that and then do it. If something isnt right it can be changed...but it cant be changed by arguing and avoiding. And most of all, by showing love.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,243
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 10/27/2021 at 2:43 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

I didnt write this but its spot on.

FB_IMG_1635307863068.jpg

YOU are the CHURCH. Where 2 or 3 are gathered in the Lord`s name there He is in their midst. 

The church is NOT a building or a meeting run by an organisation, though the believers can go there. The church, which is His Body are the called out ones - PEOPLE. 

It seems to me that some people assume just because public meetings are closed or limited that the Lord the HEAD of His Body which He has been building and maturing over the centuries and across the world, in incapable of gathering people in small groups and then go out and meet in other small groups. 

The Body of Christ is a great network of believers SET in the Body by the Holy Spirit. Yes we the Body of Christ need each other and need to hold fast to the Head, not man.  

Also it seems to me that many people who go to church public meetings think that those who do not go to that format are sitting at home watching TV etc. The Holy Spirit is in His Body and is drawing believers more and more to real relationships where they can exercise their gifts and help each other reach out to the lost and hurting.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,332
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

This is the heart of the matter: how does one attend a church, when we who are in Jesus Christ are His Church? I know my brothers and sisters when I encounter them, and they know me; we are not strangers by any means. We are in fellowship at all times, encouraging one another, sharing our burdens, and building each other up so we may walk in all that Christ has ordained for us with thanksgiving and joy. 

How does one make His Church better? How does one improve upon the Body of Christ? The Lord has no need for human hands to steady the Ark for His Church is the temple of the living God, living stones joined fitly together: a holy nation of kings and a royal priesthood. Christ is the Head and we are His Body. Man did not build His Church nor can he, for the Lord Himself raises us up. 

Where two or more are gathered in His name, there He is in the midst of us. One cannot improve His Church, one is blessed by His Church.

Is His Church a building where people congregate to stand up, sit down, stand up, and sit down again just to listen to someone ensconced in a pulpit? Someone who, afterward in a men's meeting, talks about bombing a country "into the stone age?" Be entertained by music? Where the deacons enforce dress codes... the same deacons who meet in a bar later that same night?  

I prefer to occupy myself with His work precisely where the Lord sends me: in the midst of the sick and the perishing, far removed from the expensive (and well-policed) real estate where people gather in buildings to stand up, sit down, and stand up again. The fellowship in a soup kitchen is His Church: we work together to minister to the needy, not to glorify ourselves. We walk among the afflicted and suffering as the Lord Himself did when He walked in this flesh. 

That's His Church, and there's no improving what the gates of Hell cannot prevail against. :)  

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

A church can be-

A few people gathering in a house or anywhere else.

A bunch of people gathering in a dedicated building.

His church is all over in many different forms.

Individuals with titles like deacon, elder, pastor etc. are not all the same.

I believe some negativity is inferred in other posts about these individuals.

I would only say please do not judge the library by only one book cover.

• Thumbs Up 1