• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,014
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

21 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Then the post was turned into we must battle false teaching. Battling false teaching is not the take away from this article. 

@Hopefully I've been enjoying your posts, and the responses.

FYI, back in Dec 2018 George (site founder) did a major cleanup of certain individuals and packs that were behaving badly, nitpicking on steroids actually. I will post a link to it but this may not be accessible to all as it is in a section dedicated to Worthy Ministers. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

28 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Isn’t conviction the goal ? Conviction is how we stop doing things we are not supposed to do. I used to argue a lot when I first joined then I was convicted so I stopped and I would not change that because God says we should not be argumentative and full of debate.

Should I look and see people arguing and say nothing and just be glad it’s not me or should I try to show them it’s wrong so maybe they will try to stop too? 

I don’t have anything against certain people but this is a Christian forum and I expected it to be more peaceful so I’m trying to see if I can bring more peace.

If you look at my posts most of them are about not arguing. This is not the first second or third post I’ve made about not arguing but maybe the way this one is written is more powerful than the others.

I don’t see how anyone could think this post is harmful in any way. I posted the article with no additional comments and people then said what they got out of it themselves. 

I reached to what each person wanted to say about what they read.

Look again. I responded to one specific post. That specific verbiage, then connects back to the OP and is dealing with some of the subject matter with the OP.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Alive said:

Look again. I responded to one specific post. That specific verbiage, then connects back to the OP and is dealing with some of the subject matter with the OP.

Not clear on what you mean sorry. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

But, does not everyone view what is written through their life’s experiences..even their understanding of scripture as they are guided by the Holy Spirit? If one posts something they feel has merit and another sees something else.. why hurt feelings? One views a glass half empty another half full…you on your own cannot change their mind, let go and let God…if it is from Him He will whisper to their understanding.

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant

On 10/31/2021 at 3:04 AM, Hopefully said:

A cynic is someone who assumes that theological error is present, even when it isn’t. A cynic rarely seeks clarification. He waits for that one misspoken word, clings onto it, and uses it to condemn the speaker instead of asking him to clarify. A cynic is not a joyful person. He finds more satisfaction in pointing out the error of others than he does in his own salvation. A cynic lacks compassion for others. His says, “You should know better” instead of saying, “Let me help you.”

The OP contains this quote, which does describe the behaviour of certain members on any given forum. It is also behaviour that manifests in offline fellowships.

For my own purposes I term persons who channel this repeated behaviour to be in "nemesis mode". 

nem·e·sis

(nĕm′ĭ-sĭs)

n. pl. nem·e·ses (-sēz′)
1. A source of harm or ruin: Uncritical trust is my nemesis.
2. Retributive justice in its execution or outcome: To follow the proposed course of action is to invite nemesis.
3. An opponent that cannot be beaten or overcome.
4. One that inflicts retribution or vengeance.
5. Nemesis Greek Mythology The goddess of retributive justice or vengeance.

[Greek, retribution, the goddess Nemesis, from nemein, to allot; see nem- in Indo-European roots.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant

23 minutes ago, Sold Out Disciples said:

"If we return to our First Love, we will confront boldly, but “with gentleness” (2 Tim 2:25).
We will confront for the purpose of restoring others, not humiliating them.
We will confront to preserve unity, not destroy it." --quote from this original post

So gently then, @Sold Out Disciples As a suggestion for your consideration, if you could create a small signature below and reduce your massive, somewhat cumbersome side-blurb, as a gesture of goodwill, your posts would have less white void to confront users. Thanks. 

• Alive locked this topic