• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,983
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

On 11/10/2021 at 6:24 AM, appy said:

I do NOT have to view the show to know what it is about or know how bad the content is. My local news also did a blurb about the show's content. And then warned people about the high volume of violence, etc... at the tale end of their blurb said that viewer and parental discretion was strongly advised.

Just like movies, t.v shows also have ratings people can check. My local cable t.v guide “listing” shows a content rating next to the name of every program. It says what genre, what the show is about and whether a show has violence, nudity or strong language. And how much. And I can make a decision from there on whether to watch a specific show or not. The listing is quite helpful in this regard.

I read enough reviews of this series to realize that this was a series not for me.  Nudity just ruins the movie or TV show for me.  When I watch something I want it to be edifying or entertaining in some manner.  Nudity is just a big turnoff.  I don't go peeking into people's bedrooms and showers.  Why put them on my TV screen?

Edited by Mama Etna
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,450
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

9 hours ago, Mama Etna said:

I read enough reviews of this series to realize that this was a series not for me.  Nudity just ruins the movie or TV show for me.  When I watch something I want it to be edifying or entertaining in some manner.  Nudity is just a big turnoff.  I don't go peeking into people's bedrooms and showers.  Why put them on my TV screen?

Yup. The temptation.. It's hard enough resisting temptation without extra from the TV.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,983
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Just now, SIC said:

Yup. The temptation.. It's hard enough resisting temptation without extra from the TV.

I don't need that pollution in my brain when I have enough of my own battles to deal with.  I don't need adding that on top of them.

• This is Worthy 3
  • Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

On 11/11/2021 at 9:48 AM, Starise said:

And herein lies the error in my adult thinking. That I can maturely 'handle' an R rated movie because I'm an adult and I've heard and seen it all before. That I can internally dismiss the parts I know are worldly. This is probably over confidence on my part. To think that because I am an adult I won't allow myself to absorb the bad stuff, yet inevitably some probably rubs off in one way or another...and time I spend doing this could be time I spend reading or looking at something more profitable.

Blessings Brother

I really appreciate your honestly,you are always very transparent & candid-its refreshing!

WE know Gods Word tells us a lot about the things we "take in" with out senses,which are "carnal".......it takes a little discipline & self control to always "choose" things (as you say) MORE PROFITABLE.....thank God Jesus Abides in us & by Power of Holy Spirit we can grow stronger in these areas that are continually there to distract us from our walk "in Spirit & in Truth"....

With love-in CHrist<Kwik

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,159
  • Content Per Day:  9.58
  • Days Won:  149

27 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother

I really appreciate your honestly,you are always very transparent & candid-its refreshing!

WE know Gods Word tells us a lot about the things we "take in" with out senses,which are "carnal".......it takes a little discipline & self control to always "choose" things (as you say) MORE PROFITABLE.....thank God Jesus Abides in us & by Power of Holy Spirit we can grow stronger in these areas that are continually there to distract us from our walk "in Spirit & in Truth"....

With love-in CHrist<Kwik

Good to see you back.

I have gone through a metamorphosis over time. I went from watching R rated movies on a regular basis years ago to gradually stopping them all together. I still occasionally make a bad movie choice and then need to decide whether I'm just going to turn it off or hope nothing else shows up. I don't like to be in a situation where I was pulled into the plot, want to see how it ends and then something totally evil shows up on screen. There is PG-13, MA, R and others. If I'm watching an action adventure movie and it has MA for violence and blood and it's a war movie I might let that go because to have a realistic war movie people have to die.

One of my very favorite things to do was watch a movie on Sunday afternoon. At that point I am usually spent if I played on the WT because we had an early rehearsal and it just zaps me after everything is over. I have been in church a half day interacting with lots of people. Maybe serving on the WT. My personality doesn't handle social events long term and needs a recharge. I imagine a pastor would be the same or maybe even more so. It's really a 'work' day for them and some light stress is often involved in all of it.

Lately though it's been YouTube or similar most of the time. The last time I tried to watch anything else it was all dark, the surroundings are dark, the people are dark and hope seems to have left the building. I end up feeling worse on a Sun afternoon as a result. I'm not the type who can just go to sleep even when I need sleep, so I often watch something on TV to work into it.

It is almost impossible to watch a movie now that isn't disgusting in some way unless you go WAY back to the classics. Pfffffft. Take a hike Hollywood.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

19 hours ago, Starise said:

It is almost impossible to watch a movie now that isn't disgusting in some way unless you go WAY back to the classics. Pfffffft. Take a hike Hollywood.

So true Brother & I'm a movie buff,just love movies but they are getting worse & worse with every year......

Oh,good to see you too though I really didn t go anywhere -been here looking in but havent said much if nothing at all,lol    Love ya,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1