IGNORED

Is (Jno 3:16)the only begotten son, the first begotten of the dead?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Revelation 1:5
King James Version

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

In John 3:16 what God gave was "His only begotten (or unique) Son." The title "Son of God" was first given to the prophesied Messianic King in 2 Samuel 7:14 and is repeated in Psalm 2:7 and many other passages thereafter. Jesus stands in a unique relationship to God compared with other human beings who become God's children by new birth and adoption. He was always with God the Father throughout eternity past, and is one in essence with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Since it is a revelation of Jesus Christ, it goes on to describe Jesus as the first begotten of the dead. It doesn't mean that He was the first one that ever rose from the dead, there were others that He Himself raised from the dead. It means that of all those ever to be raised from the dead including the saints, He is the first and foremost and chief and greatest one of all who will ever rise.  All men who have ever lived will rise from the dead, some to the resurrection of life and some to the resurrection of damnation, but of all who have ever risen, He is the chief one. He is the prince, it says, of the kings of the earth.

hope this is helpful

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, watchman said:

there were others that He Himself raised from the dead.

I don't know that it matters, but, I see the difference in those raised from the dead were still humans in human form and not in resurrected eternal bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Revelations 1:5   NKJV and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Jesus was the first to enter directly to heaven as out Great High Priest after His death.  All others prior to Him had gone to the "Abraham's bosom", or the place of the dead, for moral people who believed God's promises.  They trusted God.  We are told that Jesus took His blood to the heavenly Mercy Seat.

Heb 10:11 NKJV  And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

Heb 10:12  But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

Heb 10:13  from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 11/6/2021 at 8:36 AM, Nodian said:

Revelation 1:5
King James Version

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

He is the First Fruit. Ephesians 2, Romans 8, col 1. He suffered the 2nd spiritual death, seprated from God. Decended and lead captives of the second death out. He was the first born of the spritually dead seprated from God by sin, it was our sin that seprated him not his. that how i understand it, anyway. 

Edited by Reinitin
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made

whew!!! What a rabbit hole this verses created

he was with God? 
he
was God?

what beginning are we talking about?

the creation of earth?

the creation of everything?

How can he be “ begotten” if he was always existing?

he was given “ authority” ? , if he was God himself why would he have to give himself authority?

If he could just take away sins why would he put Jesus to mediate for our sins in heaven if Jesus is God anyway?

This is a hot topic debate

”BEGOTTEN”

True story when I was very young I tried to commit suicide I was still worldly then and was very wicked, but filled with guilt because of the things I did, I ran with bikers and was involved in things no one should see.. my parents had given up and I decided to end the pain, I took a bottle of Tylenol and laid down for my final sleep

i was startled awake about 2 am, my windows were blacked out by blankets it should have been total darkness ( I lived in darkness so I kept in the dark)

my room had a glow in it, an object was floating not far from my bed.. it was tiny but it glowed!
be honest with you it scared the mess out of me, I mean I was technically an adult , but it scared me so bad I hid under my blanket like a little child.

I must have dozed off from the Tylenol because I remember waking up and peeking my head from under the covers, but the object was still there floating, I got under the covers again I wanted to scream but no words sound came out,. I could feel it still there then I got a thought in my head ( this is totally true brothers and sisters I remember it like it happened yesterday) The thought was::

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

it kept going and going and going in my mind it was loud and on a loop and it kept getting faster and faster and it was scary to me because I couldn’t shut it out

That was the night I knew without a doubt there was a God and without a doubt I had to follow him

i still messed up from time to time and still do, our Father knows that.. I have dedicated myself to knowing my Fathers nature through his word, and I tell you I still can’t say if the Word “ begotten” actually means 

it is an argument hot debated more than rapture and law combined

But hearing begotten stirs up that fateful night and that glowing figure ( I couldn’t make out the shape or form of it it was like the glow was coming out of it in a haze but it was tiny and floating gradually up and down.. it didn’t move forward that I could tell but rather I felt observing me)

anyway that’s my testimony and thoughts about begotten, Regardless of our opinions on this the one thing that we can all agree on is we have a Father in heaven that loves his creations and he didn’t let this creation take his own life that night ??

SHALOM❤️

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Is (Jno 3:16)the only begotten son, the first begotten of the dead?

Yes, His blood was known before the Creation of the world (1Peter 1:20).