nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

As I said before, India and other nations have better equipment and expirience in how to deal with mass flooding...where are they?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Just heard about 15 minutes ago that Germany's Red Cross is standing by after offering to help.

Thats all I've heard of so far. :thumbsup:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Followers:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Went ahead and searched the issue to see what was happening...aid offers in the weirdest places:

Chavez has offered aid to the US in the form of humanitarian and oil...something we need.

I also found this editorial from Thailand that just...well, brought a tear to my eye. It's not eloquent, it's just...it shows appreciation:

Though many find fault with US foreign policy, Americans hit by Hurricane Katrina deserve support. Our hearts go out to the millions of American people who have weathered the worst hurricane season in decades.

Hurricane Katrina has left in its wake untold destruction along the Gulf of Mexico coast in the states of Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama, as well as in parts of Florida. The human toll and property damage is difficult to gauge at this time due to the widespread and devastating nature of the destruction, and the breakdown of communications and transport systems.

The hurricane hit the coast on Monday packing maximum sustained winds of more than 230 kilometres per hour and destroyed everything in its path, including a number of oil rigs in the gulf. Television footage of the calamity cannot convey the terrifying magnitude of this powerful hurricane. Yet unlike with the earthquakes that can quickly unleash tsunamis, hurricanes can be predicted, and so evacuation of people can be done more or less in an orderly manner. But the outcome was still less than predictable. Many lives have been lost, and damaged properties will take years to rebuild.

But as previous hurricanes have shown, only after the storm dies down can the real, hard work of search and rescue operations begin. The long-term rebuilding of communities and individuals

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey - that's great to hear!

We want to give to the relief of these victims of Katrina, but we are not sure the best avenue for those gifts. We hear so many stories of money not getting to the victims, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows the best agency to give to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel the same way. I know that the Red Cross has declaired this the biggest disaster they have ever been involved with and that is saying alot!

So where is at least the offer for aid from other countries? Hmmmmm ...ladeda tic toc tic toc tic tok. You know...like some of the countries the USA went out of it's way for  in the past. Not that we really need it, but the offer would be nice. When your the big kid on the block, all the other kids love it when you fall even though they will never admitt it. Some stupid German official and Joe (silver spoon) Kennedy even blamed this storm on Bush because he didn't sign the Keoto  treaty. I knew it wouldn't take long for the idiocy to start. Anyways, New Orleans is a sister city to my city and I have spent much time their and I know they will bounce back.

God Bless America and the "Big Easy"

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G-d Bless the "Big Easy" Are you kidding? He has blessed her with a much needed cleansing. Pray that those who lost their lifes, and those suffering will not be in vain that this warning will be taken for what it is.

The rest of the world that has benefited from American generosity should show solidarity with Americans who are now picking up the pieces.

The news reporter is saying right now that this will way exceed 9/11.

L-RD I can hear you, but I think I am in a minority!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Many of you are saying that this is punishment from the Lord, and I am still not convinced of this. Most of the damage in New Orleans came from the two Levey's that have broken and that is mainly the result of stupidity.

The army core of engineers knew those two Levey's were weak and the money for strengthening them was allotted by congress a year or two ago. It is my understanding that the money was not spent and was used for the war in Iraq and Homeland Security.

The knowledgeable people knew this was possible and did nothing about it.

The city has asked for back up generators for the massive pumps that keep water levels down and nothing was done even though the great danger was known and had been for a long time.

I still think this disaster is not from the Lord but is the making of our own misguided priorities and lack of caring for the future. It is the natural result of living for today......

Guest mona t.

actually people are rallying to help you guys from all over the world ,my country is a very small one but even we are donating.you guys may not know it but you are getting help from all over the place,its just that other countries do not publish our donating as much as you guys do, but you guys have helped the world alot,dont you think you're gonna get help in return? :wub:

• Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I have also heard that offers are coming in from many nations. There has not been any named but at least there are offers. It would be nice if the media would start naming those countries offering help.

Love and Blessings,

Angel