• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, FortifiedbyFaith said:

Do you know Jesus Christ? Do you want to know Him? Do you know that Jesus Christ is a great Healer? To know Him you need a Bible. You can use this one until you get one a real one of your own. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/

Look at all the verses in which He healed someone. Here is 100 to start with -https://www.openbible.info/topics/jesus_healing 

Think about them. Pray for Jesus to forgive you your sins and help you to overcome (look the verses up on that one too, and pray on them for Him to help you) your faults and ask for the Holy Spirit to come and guide you and show you what you should do.

Every time you get the urge to sin try reading the Bible instead. Ask Him to heal you with His Word. Blessings to you.

Thank you for this.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Its been years since i went, and so i started going to different churches to see where i liked. Talked to a couple of preachers from different churches and i really like the preaching at this one, everytime i go, i come out with more knowledge than i had going in. I stand to learn a lot from it. But im not sure i should join due to living in sin.

If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior and really meant it, then you already belong to His church.  Accepting salvation through Christ does not mean you are going to automatically do everything right, it means you are at the beginning of a life long lesson and journey.  As long as you keep your focus on Him and scripture, allowing the Holy Spirit to work within you, He will bring you through your trials and tribulations.  Signing you name to a denomination does nothing but allow you to be on the roster.  You can still attend and learn.  I have yet to find in scripture where someone had to "join the local body of believers" in order to follow God.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Its been years since i went, and so i started going to different churches to see where i liked. Talked to a couple of preachers from different churches and i really like the preaching at this one, everytime i go, i come out with more knowledge than i had going in. I stand to learn a lot from it. But im not sure i should join due to living in sin.

Keep going - in time you may learn of the power of God that will enable you to overcome your addiction and sin.

I too had many addictions and a very bad sinful life. I was called by God to a Pentecostal church and eventually I received the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues. By the power of God within me I was set free from all my addictions and sinful life.

While God cleansed me of marijuana and cigarettes and amphetamine addictions immediately, he went on to also take away my holding on to alcohol.

As to becoming a new creation in Christ Jesus that did not happen over night - this takes persistence and patience with daily prayer. But my old sinful and wicked life is no more. And even though temptations come for me to go back to my old previous sins I am able to deny this through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Edited by Waggles
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

But im not sure i should join due to living in sin

That’s the very reason you SHOULD go Brother?
SHALOM❤️

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

I suggest you find a congregation lead by an adulterer, same-sex-sinner, or false convert like yourself where you won't feel out of place and your seared conscience will not be troubled.

Do you think that is the best advice you can give to a person asking for help, with a serious question? Also, you may not like the fruit he has, but he was confessing sin. Perhaps try to be helpful, not discouraging. Oh, I see someone has already said that. Take it for what it is worth. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Perhaps attending church will inspire him to try again.  We can pray to that end.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

The fact that you are a moderator and giving this kind of advice really is shocking.  Your moderator badge should create a desire within you to reach out ever so more to someone hurting, not degrade them in their situation.  Instead of you suggesting I be patient, why not you show more love for your neighbor.

In more shocking news, the Ministry Selection Committee of a denomination I served on the a local ekklesia board of, discovered a culture of de facto marriages and domestic violence amongst members of its congregations, one of whom made it all the way through selection for ordination before it was confessed.

I participated in a session that led to the disfellowshipping of an ekklesia member in serious marital strife who, like "Unforgiven", stated he had no intention of repenting of the sin he was in bondage to. 

There have been many instances like this in congregations I have been involved with. Pastors and elders unashamedly carrying on secret affairs while basking in the adulation and limelight their unsuspecting flock lavish on them, study group members ignoring the Scriptures because of "addictions" whilst doing the rounds to "get ministry", pity, and attention with no intention of repenting, so excuse me if I contend earnestly for the faith against the wilfully unrepentant. 

Jud 1:3-4  Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.  (4)  For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

There's a character on another forum calling himself "Lifelong Sinner" who is spinning a similar story to this OP.    

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

In more shocking news, the Ministry Selection Committee of a denomination I served on the a local ekklesia board of, discovered a culture of de facto marriages and domestic violence amongst members of its congregations, one of whom made it all the way through selection for ordination before it was confessed.

I participated in a session that led to the disfellowshipping of an ekklesia member in serious marital strife who, like "Unforgiven", stated he had no intention of repenting of the sin he was in bondage to. 

There have been many instances like this in congregations I have been involved with. Pastors and elders unashamedly carrying on secret affairs while basking in the adulation and limelight their unsuspecting flock lavish on them, study group members ignoring the Scriptures because of "addictions" whilst doing the rounds to "get ministry", pity, and attention with no intention of repenting, so excuse me if I contend earnestly for the faith against the wilfully unrepentant. 

Jud 1:3-4  Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.  (4)  For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

There's a character on another forum calling himself "Lifelong Sinner" who is spinning a similar story to this OP.    

Him and I are the same. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

You need to continue to make your best effort to combat the sin, and the best way to do that is with the HELP of the brethren around you. I would suggest you go to this pastor that you like and not only tell him you want to join, but come clean with him face-to-face about this sin you struggle with. Just be totally upfront with him; "I want to stop but I don't believe I can." You must be willing to continue trying.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

6 hours ago, Michael37 said:

This world is full of sinners.  Are you going to close the doors on all who sin?  If this is your choice, then realize that every church will be empty as there is not one righteous, no not one.  The group you speak of are wolves in sheep clothing, pretending to be something they are not while this member comes right out and admits his sin.  Sort of like the apple and orange effect.  Jesus told sinners to go and sin no more, and He is God, while you condemn them and He did not.  I encourage you to take to heart with James wrote in James 5:19-20.

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

If you don't see the above as guidance for you, considering this member to be an outsider, then the following from Paul should guide you.

Colossians 4:5-6

Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1