George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

The last time the switch was made,  I noted a lot of people reported afterwards that they went through posting withdrawals. 48 hours is just too long to go without posting. Just saying  ;)

• Haha 2

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,788
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

22 minutes ago, appy said:

The last time the switch was made,  I noted a lot of people reported afterwards that they went through posting withdrawals. 48 hours is just too long to go without posting. Just saying  ;)

I will say this ... the server company I'm going to is probably the last one I need to move to.  It's a private company where its employee owned in VA.   When we started the server in 2001, I was with the initial company for 10+ years ... only when they sold out to a giant company did I finally move.  The bigger the company ... the worse the customer service is.  I purposely moved to a smaller, more family oriented hosting company to get better service.  We'll see if it works out!  :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,713
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, George said:

Actually you'll probably never know that I did it!  LOL!  I only mentioned it ... because when we did it a few years ago, several people attempted to say I had it out for them because their posts didn't make it to the new server and said I deleted posts!  ;)

But please put together a petition to help pay for the server!  LOL!  ;)

24245.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,279
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

As for me, I'll gladly move along to the new server. When it's time to go, it's time to go!

I'm looking forward to the change...

blue screen.jpg

Edited by Marathoner

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, other one said:

I was wondering if maybe we just didn't have permission to delete attachments.  Or maybe I don't have something right in my profile.   Whatever it will be nice to know if I some day hit that magic "no more" thing.

I joined in 09, and I have the same problem that other one and Miss Muffet have. I can find my attachments and highlight them and they do the same thing that happens to other one. Would like to know what you did Miss Muffet to make it work. Thanks for your reply. Wonder if it's an old-age thing?....:mellow:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

4 minutes ago, Sower said:

I joined in 09, and I have the same problem that other one and Miss Muffet have. I can find my attachments and highlight them and they do the same thing that happens to other one. Would like to know what you did Miss Muffet to make it work. Thanks for your reply. Wonder if it's an old-age thing?....:mellow:

To the far right is a very faint white box.  You can see it in the picture below where I checked one item.  It is very hard to see if you have a small view screen, like a phone or a tablet.  I have a large monitor and I could barely see it, as you will notice in picture below the blacken box.

faint-white-box.png.c273bd4838a66dd5693fee7da165af1b.png

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, Sower said:

I finally discovered a very faint box on the very right hand side of the screen next to the image. It is hard to see. In fact I had to move my screen over to see it. Try that. I also went into my recycling bin on my computer and deleted a bunch of stuff. I have so many attachments it is going to take me a very, very long time to delete all of them. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Sower said:

My boxes are there now.   I moved that cursor over every square millimeter of that screen and I didn't see it change from the arrow to the pointy finger to select.   So for me anyway there was something besides it being very light.    the whole frame it's in seems to be a bit wider letting the box show. I would thank Muffet for bringing this to our attention.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, OneLight said:

To the far right is a very faint white box.  You can see it in the picture below where I checked one item.  It is very hard to see if you have a small view screen, like a phone or a tablet.  I have a large monitor and I could barely see it, as you will notice in picture below the blacken box.

faint-white-box.png.c273bd4838a66dd5693fee7da165af1b.png

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I finally discovered a very faint box on the very right hand side of the screen next to the image. It is hard to see. In fact I had to move my screen over to see it. Try that. I also went into my recycling bin on my computer and deleted a bunch of stuff. I have so many attachments it is going to take me a very, very long time to delete all of them. 

3 hours ago, other one said:

My boxes are there now.   I moved that cursor over every square millimeter of that screen and I didn't see it change from the arrow to the pointy finger to select.   So for me anyway there was something besides it being very light.    the whole frame it's in seems to be a bit wider letting the box show. I would thank Muffet for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks gals/guys

Somebodies been praying for me.
I have not only a small cell phone screen, but an old galaxy 2 inch wide  MINI cell phone screen. I found the white empty box, it looked about like this size, (   .     )   default_cool2.gif.9adde9b5852e18ddeff860801b044e7c.gif  I also found out when removing the attachment, it does not remove it from the post.
Second miracle; I can now get on the forum on my home PC. Haven't been able to log in on it for almost a year, as Worthy stopped accepting my IP address. Happened once before a few years back. It just fixed itself, or George changed something, or I pushed a wrong/right button, or divine intervention.
The PC screen now looks like the size of those old drive-in movie screens compared to a TV screen. Patience lesson 101.   God is merciful...

Thanks again everybody .....default_thumbsup.gif.6354c9d42e2345bf7007fab3bd962c51.gif

• Thumbs Up 2