• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, other one said:

This is a test of formatting                             edge using spacing      

This is a line using a tab                                 edge using 3 tabs

Hoping for the best of the two                        edge using ruler marking

Word does transfer and keep the special spacing using either spaces tabs or marking a tab on the ruler, then just cut and paste.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

5 minutes ago, Josheb said:

:(

<_< 

I might do that. 

Wonder what the html tag is and whether it would work in Worthy. 

And if I may take the opportunity to make a pair of recommendations: next time Worthy updates its structure I recommend the posts having numbers and the front, login page having the latest OPs listed, not just the most recent posts. It's nice to know when a new op is posted so we can get into the conversation early on. 

@JoshebClick on unread content top right and find 'Content Types' and choose 'Topics'--that may help some.

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I'm not trying to be a nudge. I promise. I'll explain my request next post but I'd first like you to 1) reconsider the question I asked, 2) examnie your answer and then 3) post and answer to the question asked that is direct and succinct as possible. 

Does anyone really think that as long as they don't lie, don't steal, don't commit adultery, don't commit murder and keep the sabbath, that God will look the other way when they sin in other ways?

For the sake of clarification and context, would you please list the requirements of the new covenant God has established?

Remember: the question is specifically about the requirements of the new covenant. 

I caught that question the other day and enjoyed a moment thinking about it. I will save my thought for later.

:-)

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Does anyone really think that as long as they don't lie, don't steal, don't commit adultery, don't commit murder and keep the sabbath, that God will look the other way when they sin in other ways?

AAAAaaahhhhh........   NO

Matt 25:31-46

31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.  32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.  33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.  34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,  36  I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'  37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?  38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?  39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'  40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.  42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,  43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'  44 Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?'  45 Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'  46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." 
ESV

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

Keep in mind the question was not mine. Appy asked this question

Yes--I realize that.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Heading out to spend the day with the misses. Y'all enjoy your day. 

And maybe think about how the requirement of the new covenant bear on the question of God "looking the other way". 

Josheb;   "First, just for the sake of clarification and context, would you please list the requirements of the new covenant God has established?"

'succinct'         Love God-love my neighbor.

'expanded'     And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind,
and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment

And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
There is none other commandment greater than these
."
Mark 12:28

So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.

And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question
Mark 12:28-34

Without faith, it impossible to please God....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

@Josheb

I'm NOT asking if those sins are ok. It seems you  have skipped the first two paragraphs of my post and homed in on the last paragraph.

The opster and I have been on a “beating a dead horse” merry-go-round so to speak where law keeping is concerned for quite a while. Namely about observing the 10 commandments and the sabbath or a person is sinning and unsaved. The paragraph you quoted and the list of sins in my post was intended to make a point, that it is not possible to obey the law perfectly without one slip.

Legalists keep harping that we must adhere to sabbath keeping for salvation. I did not list all ten commandments in that paragraph.

And yes, I know that the 10 is a summary of all the others.

I intended for the paragraph and the two columns of sins listed, to show that while an individual may not lie or steal, or commit adultery, they commit other sins that in reality break the commandments that they, themselves say we must obey to a) appease God and b) receive salvation. This is hypocrisy at its core.

A person may follow the sabbath law meticulously and feel all is well between them and God and yet,  be very complacent about other sins that lurk in the heart.   If any individual is counting on the Old Testament observances (sabbath keeping) to curry God's favor and receive righteousness, then, Jesus is of no use to that individual, for his/her faith is NOT in Jesus but in the law of Moses.

And yes I agree with Alive that the Book of Romans explains all this very well.

Galatians 3:2-3 (CJB)
I want to know from you just this one thing: did you receive the Spirit by legalistic observance of Torah commands or by trusting in what you heard and being faithful to it?  Are you that stupid? Having begun with the Spirit’s power, do you think you can reach the goal under your own power?

Galatians 3:5 (CJB)
 What about God, who supplies you with the Spirit and works miracles among you — does he do it because of your legalistic observance of Torah commands or because you trust in what you heard and are faithful to it?

Galatians 3:10-12 (CJB)
For everyone who depends on legalistic observance of Torah commands lives under a curse, since it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not keep on doing everything written in the Scroll of the Torah.” Now it is evident that no one comes to be declared righteous by God through legalism, since “The person who is righteous will attain life by trusting and being faithful.” Furthermore, legalism is not based on trusting and being faithful, but on [a misuse of] the text

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/274074-dont-sever-yourself-from-christ/

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, appy said:

The greatest thing in our lives is knowing Jesus personally. Our responsibility is to exercise faith and trust in Christ, for we are saved by God's grace and not by our own merits. We remain conscious of the fact that God has fully accepted each of us, as his son or daughter, making us a new creation and one in him, filled with the Holy Spirit.

If we walk in the spirit, trusting him with our lives we are abiding in Jesus, and he in us; and thus,  we bear much fruit. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. These are the things we should be striving for. Against such there is no law. And those who are in Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

All good points. Just a little question about this view...how do you know who Jesus is?

When someone shared the gospel message with me, the Holy Spirit confirmed the gospel message in my heart, The bible certainly teaches who Jesus is, for as we read, we can see his attributes and character. Who is Jesus to me? My redeemer. He is God in the flesh, fully God and fully man at the same time. Born of a woman, born as a Jew, died on the cross and rose to life again. Jesus is the exact representation of God's glory. Salvation can be found in no one else.

The knowledge of God is hardwired into our consciences, all of creation points to him; whether we want to admit that or not. We are aware of him instinctively. As we read scripture, we come to know him more and more. But we also come to know him through prayer, and trusting him with our lives. I don't need to doubt who Jesus is, for I can see all the marvelous changes in my life.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

On your profile it says,” not telling” you’ve been rumbled,😂

:sneaking: