Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

I believe there is a waiting place for judgment day for the unsaved dead. It's not he'll but it's a torment to be there. The lake of fire is he'll. But it's the resurrected dead who are thrown into the lake of fire. There bodies will burn to ashes.  I personally think they will then in there spirits go to outer darkness forever away from the lord. I don't think the lake of fire burns forever. Satan will be banish forever too. Notice in the word it says the ashes of the wicked will be trampled upon. They will walk were there bodies had burned. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Most of the time the word hell in the OT is referred to as 'sheol' that had a few different meanings. 

1. Underworld of the dead/Netherworld. Place where departed souls go to after death, both the righteous and unrighteous. The abode of the dead located down inside the earth.

2. Place of Punishment/Hell/Torment/Fire for the unrighteous/wicked/sinners

3. Grave

In either case sheol/hell is place where the dead souls go after leaving their bodies. 

Most non-Christian Jews in Judaism believed in an afterlife and believed the soul is immortal and will be resurrected in the resurrection of the Messiah, which they say is still to come as spoken of in OT scriptures (Dan. 12:2; Isa. 26:19; Ezek. 37:1).  They believe that when you die that the soul goes to a place called Sheol also spoken of in the bible OT which is divided into two places one for the righteous and one for the wicked called Hades (Jewish Virtual Libary, n.d.). Yahshua/Jesus referred to this place in the story about Lazarus and the Rich man (Luke 16:19-31). The book of Enoch (Apocrypha) Chapter 22 explains this concept as well. Abraham’s bosom is the place of the righteous dead. A place of comfort and peace.  The other side was place for the wicked.  A place of torment, punishment, and fire. Both places separated from each other so that one could not cross over.

It is true the modern-day Old Testament cannon is sort of vague when talking about Hell or the afterlife and only refers to it in a few places, but the OT cannon they used in their day had other books that are missing from our modern OT cannon.  Must Jews after the Second Temple and in Yahshua’s days relied on the Septuigent/LXX which add 15 additional books and in these books Hell is spoken about more often and more clearly. These additional books were found in the KJV 1611 bible and the Geneva Bible which many of the reformation church relied upon until the 1800’s. These removed books are now known as the apocrypha (1 & 2 Ezra, 1 & 2 Baruch, Tobit, Judith, Susanna, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), Prayer of Manasseh, Wisdom of Solomon, Prayer of Azariah, Letter of Jeremiah Additions to Ester, 1 & 2 Maccabees, etc).  Jews also used other books such as the Book of Enoch, Book of Jasher, and the Book of Jubilees. Most of these books were found in the dead sea scrolls that the Jews had hide in caves during the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD and the spoke about Hell and the place of judgment and punishment often. 

Yahshua did not come teaching a new doctrine about Hell. He was preaching to them about concepts they already knew. The Jews were fully aware about Hell and the Afterlife unless you were a Sadducee that denied the afterlife.

Here are some references of "Hell" in these removed Old Testament books.

OT Apocrypha Scriptures:

2 Baruch 30:2-5 For they know that the time has come of which it is said, that it is the consummation of the times. But the souls of the wicked, when they behold all these things, shall then waste away the more. For they shall know that their torment has come and their perdition has arrived.'

2 Baruch 44:12,15 And the hour comes which abides forever. And the new world (comes) which does not turn to corruption those who depart to its blessedness And has no mercy on those who depart to torment, And leads not to perdition those who live in it...For to them shall be given the world to come, But the dwelling of the rest who are many shall be in the fire.'

2 Baruch 51: 1-6 And it shall come to pass, when that appointed day has gone by, that then shall the aspect of those who are condemned be afterwards changed, and the glory of those who are justified. 2 For the aspect of those who now act wickedly shall become worse than it is, as they shall suffer torment...For they shall first behold and afterwards depart to be tormented.

2 Baruch 54: 14 And justly do they perish who have not loved Your law, And the torment of judgment shall await those who have not submitted themselves to Your power.

2 Baruch 59:2 For at that time the lamp of the eternal law shone on all those who sat in darkness, which announced to them that believe the promise of their reward, and to them that deny, the torment of fire which is reserved for them.

----

2 Ezra 9:9-13 Then shall they be in pitiful case, which now have abused my ways: and they that have cast them away despitefully shall dwell in torments. For such as in their life have received benefits, and have not known me; And they that have loathed my law, while they had yet liberty, and, when as yet place of repentance was open unto them, understood not, but despised it; The same must know it after death by pain.

2 Ezra 4:8 Peradventure thou wouldest say unto me, I never went down into the deep, nor as yet into hell, neither did I ever climb up into heaven.

1 Enoch 10: 12-16 ...till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all generations. And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of righteousness and truth shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.

1 Enoch 22: 8-14 The I asked regarding it, and regarding all the hollow places[in the earth]: 'Why is one separated from the other?' And he answered me and said unto me: 'These three have been made that the spirits of the dead might be separated. And such a division has been made (for) the spirits of the righteous, in which there is the bright spring of water. And such has been made for sinners when they die and are buried in the earth and judgement has not been executed on them in their lifetime. Here their spirits shall be set apart in this great pain till the great day of judgement and punishment and torment of those who curse forever and retribution for their spirits. There He shall bind them forever. And such a division has been made for the spirits of those who make their suit, who make disclosures concerning their destruction, when they were slain in the days of the sinners. Such has been made for the spirits of men who were not righteous but sinners, who were complete in transgression, and of the transgressors they shall be companions: but their spirits shall not be slain in the day of judgement, nor shall they be raised from thence.' Then I blessed the Lord of glory and said: 'Blessed be my Lord, the Lord of righteousness, who ruleth forever.'

1 Enoch 40:9-10 And I measured out the whole earth, its mountains, and all hills, fields, trees, stones, rivers, all existing things I wrote down, the height from earth to the seventh heaven, and downwards to the very lowest hell, and the judgment-place, and the very great, open and weeping hell. And I saw how the prisoners are in pain, expecting the limitless judgment.

1 Enoch 46:6 ...And darkness shall be their dwelling ,And worms shall be their bed, And they shall have no hope of rising from their beds,Because they do not extol the name of the Lord of Spirits.

1 Enoch 51:1And in those days shall the earth also give back that which has been entrusted to it,And Sheol also shall give back that which it has received,And hell shall give back that which it owes.

1 Enoch 102:3-11 And all the angels shall execute their command And shall seek to hide themselves from the presence of the Great Glory, And the children of earth shall tremble and quake;And ye sinners shall be cursed for ever, And ye shall have no peace. Fear ye not, ye souls of the righteous, And be hopeful ye that have died in righteousness. And grieve not if your soul into Sheol has descended in grief, And that in your life your body fared not according to your goodness,But wait for the day of the judgement of sinners And for the day of cursing and chastisement. And yet when ye die the sinners speak over you:" As we die, so die the righteous, And what benefit do they reap for their deeds ? Behold, even as we, so do they die in grief and darkness,And what have they more than we ?From henceforth we are equal. And what will they receive and what will they see for ever ?Behold, they too have died,And henceforth for ever shall they see no light." I tell you, ye sinners, ye are content to eat and drink, and rob and sin, and strip men naked, and acquire wealth and see good days. Have ye seen the righteous how their end falls out, that no manner of violence is found in them till their death ? " Nevertheless they perished and became as though they had not been, and their spirits descended into Sheol in tribulation."

1 Enoch 103: 5-8 Woe to you, ye sinners, when ye have died, If ye die in the wealth of your sins, And those who are like you say regarding you: Blessed are the sinners: they have seen all their days. And how they have died in prosperity and in wealth, And have not seen tribulation or murder in their life;And they have died in honour, And judgement has not been executed on them during their life." Know ye, that their souls will be made to descend into Sheol. And they shall be wretched in their great tribulation. And into darkness and chains and a burning flame where there is grievous judgement shall your spirits enter; And the great judgement shall be for all the generations of the world. Woe to you, for ye shall have no peace.

1 Enoch 104:5 Ye shall not have to hide on the day of the great judgement and ye shall not be found as sinners, and the eternal judgement

---------

Sirach 7:16-17 Humble your soul greatly, because the punishment of the impious is fire and worm.

Sirach 21:9-10 A gathering of the lawless is bundled flax and a flame of fire is their end. A way of sinners is leveled out of stones, and at its end is a hole of Hades.

Sirach 28: A wicked death is its death and Hades is more advantageous than it.

Sirach 41: 4 This is the judgement from the Lord for all flesh and why should you reject the good pleasure of the Most High?  Whether ten or a hundred or a thousand years in Hades there is no reproving of life.

Sirach 14:16 Give and take and decieve your soul, because in Hades there is not seeking of luxury.

-----------

Ps 153: 2  Who rescued the soul of his chosen from the hands of death, and delivered his holy one from destruction: and saved me from the nets of the Netherworld,and my soul from the pit which cannot be fathomed.

Ps 155: 8 I was near death because of my sins, and my iniquities had sold me to the Netherworld;

References:

Jewish Virtual Library(n.d.) AfterLife in Judaism : https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/afterlife

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Matthew 25:41 (KJV)

[41] Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Matthew 25:41 (KJV)

[41] Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Yes, for sure and for certain there is a Hades and there will be a hell at the end of the 1000 year millennium. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Here are some references of "Hell" in these removed Old Testament books.

OT Apocrypha Scriptures:

They are not removed as they never were Scripture... they just writings from men and The Holy Spirit uses them not ...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

"The sky shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with great heat,
the land also and the works that are therein shall be burned up."

"the sky being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with great heat"

2 Peter 3:8-12

"fire cam down from God out of the sky and devoured them all" Rev 20:9

"and I saw a new sky and a new land, for the first sky and land had passed away
and there was no more sea" Rev 21:1

In many places 'heaven' actually refers to the sky, not some distant far away place.

Putting everything together we see that this current land and sky gets turned over to fire.
New Jerusalem comes down as the sky melts, and a new sky is created around it.

And so 'hell' is the burning up of this place.

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

They are not removed as they never were Scripture... they just writings from men and The Holy Spirit uses them not ...

Incorrect.  They were a part of most reputable bibles up until the early 1800's.  They were considered inspired scriptures up until the 1800's when they were removed.  They were apart of the KJV and Geneva bible that most of the reformation church used. Do your research. Early church fathers quoted from them to include other books such as the Book of Enoch.   Those that were for the removal of the scriptures claimed they were catholic forged documents that was until they were found in the Dead Sea scrolls intact and word for word long before the Catholic Church.  Jews considered these inspired scriptures and was apart of their canon of scriptures (Septuagint) which Jesus and the disciples used.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

27 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Jews  considered these inspired scriptures and was apart of their canon of scriptures (Septuagint) which Jesus and the disciples used.

...and guess where "the lake of fire" comes from? Yep. Good ole Enoch!!

22 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

...and guess where "the lake of fire" comes from? Yep. Good ole Enoch!!

Yes,  the Book of Enoch was and is in the Septuagint.  Jude quotes direct from it.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Incorrect.  They were apart of most reputable bibles up until the early 1800's.  They were considered inspired scriptures up until the 1800's when they were removed.  They were apart of the KJV and Geneva bible that most of the reformation church used. Do your research. Early church fathers quoted from them to include other books such as the Book of Enoch.   Those that were for the removal of the scriptures claimed they were catholic forged documents that was until they were found in the Dead Sea scrolls intact and word for word long before the Catholic Church.  Jews considered these inspired scriptures and was apart of their canon of scriptures which Jesus and the disciples used.

Just because these books were attached to the Jewish canon in the Septuagint does not makes them Jewish scripture, does not make them Christian scripture, does not make them truth.

They were "attached" to the Jewish canon, not intermingled.  It's like someone printed a copy of War and Peace and attaching the Cat in the Hat along with it.

Jesus referred to the inspired Jewish canon as "Moses and the prophets".  There were no prophets when the Apocrypha was written.  The Apocrypha itself says that.

I've said this countless times.  If you have read the Bible, then you know the Apocrypha contains lies and contradiction TO the Bible.  Gross, obvious, and many.  Either the Bible is truth or the Apocrypha is true.  Since they oppose each other, they cannot both be truth.

The Apocrypha teaches:

• salvation by works
  • salvation by giving of alms or money
  • pre-existence of souls before we are formed in our mother's wombs
  • paying money for the salvation of those already dead
  • prayers for salvation of the dead
  • wives's sins are worse than a husband's sins and all sin originated from Eve alone
  • the birth of a daughter is a loss to a man
  • the Apocrypha itself admits there were no prophets of God when it was written [the "silent" 400 years between the Old and New Testament]
  • that God created everything from already existing matter
  • driving demons away from people by seemingly "magical" arts for lack of a better word - taking organ meat from fish and burning it over coals
  • purgatory
  • refusal to help one's "enemies" and holding back bread and help

These all alone contradict God and his Word.

I'll not likely convince you.  But I encourage you to read the Bible for yourself and see the truth.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1