• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1965

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace ..." (1 Peter 4:10)

What gift(s) have you received?   How was it 'given'?  And, how do you use it?  :emot-think:  
(I want to hear about your experience:  not an explanation of how Spiritual Gifts work). 

Edited by Big_Pete
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

I personally have received and made use of the following gifts of the Holy Spirit as needed:

a word of knowledge - scriptures and the right words to say come to mind when preaching / witnessing to people;

to another faith - this is often provided through praying in tongues for edification when tribulations assail me;

gifts of healings - multiple times for myself and also for others ( even unbelievers).

to another miraculous powers - I have enjoyed numerous miracles of the last 25 plus years and have seen others enjoy the benefits of the power of God upon them (especially healings, but also blessings);

to another discernings of spirits - this I have used to protect me from false teachings and false gospels.

Edited by Waggles

Thanks for your response @Waggles  Great to see other "Spirit Filled" Aussies on here.   I've only recently returned to this site after a 3 year hiatus.  :cool:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Koala.jpg.3b7a57c02f0445db7c7e2d07e5bc9c47.jpg

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,436
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

to another discernings of spirits

The very first church that I used to attend used to practise fake prophecy ( wherein the 'prophet' goes into a trance and starts 'prophesying' in a hyper emotional high pitch state) and fake exorcism ( wherein the 'demon possessed' person only starts acting weird when the preacher calls out 'Satan come out'. Till then the 'demon possessed' person sits quietly among the congregants :D )

I have been to churches where ' dying to self' is considered an abomination, churches where they say you have the Holy Spirit only when you speak in tongues.

The way I see it is, it is not so much a 'gift' that I can use at will. It is more like God in His Infinte Mercy gave me the discernment necessary at key moments to keep me from getting deceived. To Him alone be the glory.

2 hours ago, SIC said:

to another discernings of spirits

The way I see it is, it is not so much a 'gift' that I can use at will. It is more like God in His Infinte Mercy gave me the discernment necessary at key moments to keep me from getting deceived. To Him alone be the glory.

Thanks for your response @SIC   Discernment is indeed an important and useful gift, so long as we don't limit what can do when He wants to.   Remember, God sometimes uses the 'foolish' things of this world to confound the wise.  (1 Cor. 1:27) :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

On 1/24/2022 at 5:26 AM, Big_Pete said:

"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace ..." (1 Peter 4:10)

What gift(s) have you received?   How was it 'given'?  And, how do you use it?  :emot-think:  
(I want to hear about your experience:  not an explanation of how Spiritual Gifts work). 

It pleased the Lord to bring me low so He might display His power, mercy, and love for the sake of another. This one witnessed this body wither away to skin and bones; she was well-acquainted with the agony I endured for two years as she was my caretaker. She was a stranger who embraced me as her own son. She treated me like family.

It pleased the Lord to come to me in the shadow of death and deliver me with a mighty hand, lifting me up so the one He loves would witness the impossible: Christ returned me to the land of the living, reversing the illness which consumed this body of flesh and blood, promising to restore all that was taken from me in a measure exceeding what I was given before. 

When I stood before Him just as He said I would on that day when He delivered me by His hand, the Lord took me up and poured His Spirit upon me like a great wind of fire, the fulfillment of His promise to restore what was taken from me a hundredfold. When these feet were planted on the earth once more the Lord spoke of the one He loved saying, 

Behold, your mother. Love her as I love you. I have given you to her and her, to you: she is the mother who was denied to you, and you are the son denied to her. Serve her and stand by her side. Do not be afraid, for I am with you always.

The Lord raised me up to be a servant of His beloved: not just one, but all of His beloved. This is more than a gift... this is His reward to me while I endure in this world, that I might serve my neighbor and brethren alike in His name. There is no greater honor a man can possibly hope for in this life than to serve Jesus Christ, who served us first! He brought me low so I might become acquainted with grief, afflicted this body so I might understand this flesh we war against, and lifted me up so I would know that the love and mercy of our Father in heaven is beyond our ability to fathom. 

The Lord has given me the encouraging word and a heart for the afflicted. Be a friend to the friendless, a voice for the voiceless, and a son to the widow in need. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for your response @Marathoner  Amazing testimony.   :)

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 1/24/2022 at 12:26 PM, Big_Pete said:

I believe i have the gift to teach. I cannot perform miracles and can rarely cast out demons. I received this gift through studying the bible, I am not a scholar but i have debated with scholars before about parts of the text. I prayed to understand the bible because before i just saw it as a bunch of stories, i couldnt not see the logical symbolism between what is said and apply it to my life. But i can now. I believe God gave me that gift.