IGNORED

I am new here and want to ask a question. Witnessing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, MonicaWife said:

Well, actually I am not sure. 😅I joined the 6th of February, and I think it took me a week or so to get 100 points. Maybe we get points for sharing posts, quoting on other posts, giving notifications etc? 

Well you are well on your way for sure.  But, I will get there some day.  Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  20

It is actually a post count that we see on our profiles.  When you have posted 100 times you can upload pictures.  When you have hit 500 posts you can post in some of the controversial threads.  Welcome and I am sure you will find many to talk with and share with.  I am certainly happy that I found this forum a year ago.  God is good!! :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, debrakay said:

It is actually a post count that we see on our profiles.  When you have posted 100 times you can upload pictures.  When you have hit 500 posts you can post in some of the controversial threads.  Welcome and I am sure you will find many to talk with and share with.  I am certainly happy that I found this forum a year ago.  God is good!! :amen:

I learned something new from you. Thank you. 😊 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I run into this all the time. Being disabled and home-bound, 100% of my witnessing happens online.

I try to put myself out there, posting a Bible verse in response to a post quoting from some famous thinker, or a political situation etc., to give a Biblical point of view on it. Virtually 100% of the non-believers who reply are clearly not seeking truth, but just looking to mock. Some are truly vile about it as well.

We ourselves cannot save people, and cannot change their hearts. Only God can awaken someone's heart from spiritual death and make them soft-hearted and truly seek truth. I have learned to make my witness, and if it's clear the other person is not interested in listening or seeking but is only looking to mock, to not continually cast pearls before the swine. I politely end things before they can keep sinning by mocking God, letting them know I'm always willing to talk if they are truly interested, leaving them with a book recommendation or two, and then moving on. Finally I then pray for them, because only God can change and save.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 2/20/2022 at 1:09 PM, Fancicoffee said:

I was on another board/forum, not a Christian forum.  Someone asked a question about Christianity and believing.  I looked over the comments and was shocked by their comments!  The unbelieving comments were from those that believe that the Bible is a farce or not worthy of believing in it.  I commented on a few but I felt as if I was talking to a wall.  They are seniors like me.  So, I basicly told them that the Bible is the true word of God and that eternity is real, and I stopped commenting.  

Why are you shocked that nonbelievers despise the Bible? If they loved the Bible, they'd be believers, yes?

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Why are you shocked that nonbelievers despise the Bible? If they loved the Bible, they'd be believers, yes?

Well, as a believer, I just don't get why nonbelievers won't even give it a chance, check out the Bible and God first and then make up their minds.  Some don't even want to check it out, they just blast the idea of the existence of God. Like there was an author that was an athiest and set out to prove there wasn't a God and he found God and has written a book all about that.  His name is Lee Strobbel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 2/20/2022 at 6:09 PM, Fancicoffee said:

So, I basicly told them that the Bible is the true word of God and that eternity is real, and I stopped commenting.  

Well done for at least saying that, but what affect will that have on them?

May I suggest that if you continue to post about Christianity on non christian boards that you learn the historical facts that support Christianity.

I would suggestyou watch Dr G Habermass you tube on the resurrection. He is an expert on this and on what Atheist historians accept as historically accuracte.

There are parts of the new testament that atheist historian accept as true.

So you can make post like Bart Ehman accepts 1 Cor 15 as accurate and quote the source.

Ask questions like What evidence do you have for that belief?

read this link about William lane Craig:-

https://winteryknight.com/2021/10/22/why-do-so-many-atheist-historians-think-that-1-corinthians-15-is-reliable-history-4/

7 hours ago, Who me said:

Well done for at least saying that, but what affect will that have on them?

May I suggest that if you continue to post about Christianity on non christian boards that you learn the historical facts that support Christianity.

I would suggestyou watch Dr G Habermass you tube on the resurrection. He is an expert on this and on what Atheist historians accept as historically accuracte.

There are parts of the new testament that atheist historian accept as true.

So you can make post like Bart Ehman accepts 1 Cor 15 as accurate and quote the source.

Ask questions like What evidence do you have for that belief?

read this link about William lane Craig:-

https://winteryknight.com/2021/10/22/why-do-so-many-atheist-historians-think-that-1-corinthians-15-is-reliable-history-4/

I didn't realize that I need to know and show what I know when posting here.  I have been a Christian practically all my life and have studied a few topics concerning different areas of being a believer.  I thought I could just post something and discuss it here and do the same with others.  I did not know I had to do all the proof posting here.  Yes, I know about the resurrection and the different view points on it.  Thank you for your input.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

41 minutes ago, Fancicoffee said:

I didn't realize that I need to know and show what I know when posting here.  I have been a Christian practically all my life and have studied a few topics concerning different areas of being a believer.  I thought I could just post something and discuss it here and do the same with others.  I did not know I had to do all the proof posting here.  Yes, I know about the resurrection and the different view points on it.  Thank you for your input.  

It is not a requirement for you to post anything, but if you want a discussion, the communication has to flow in both directions.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/20/2022 at 10:09 AM, Fancicoffee said:

I was on another board/forum, not a Christian forum.  Someone asked a question about Christianity and believing.  I looked over the comments and was shocked by their comments!  The unbelieving comments were from those that believe that the Bible is a farce or not worthy of believing in it.  I commented on a few but I felt as if I was talking to a wall.  They are seniors like me.  So, I basicly told them that the Bible is the true word of God and that eternity is real, and I stopped commenting.  

First of all I wouldn't go to an unbelieving forum. A waste of time for me. Of course you are going to see things that mock God and disrespect our Lord and Savior. 

• Thumbs Up 1