IGNORED

Can recently passed loved one communicate with us?

~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

My dad passed away three weeks ago. Since then we’ve had a number of unexplainable events happen and I wonder if maybe God allows people who have passed to send us messages?  Is that biblical or are we just dealing with grief?

It all started an hour before my dad passed. While my father was dying and sedated surrounded by almost the entire family, the song by Kitty Wells “How Far is heaven?” played on a music playlist. My dad had tears in his eyes even though he was completely sedated. I am haunted to this day by those tears. Flash forward an hour later, I’m holding his hand and said “I love you dad,” he took his final breath and immediately that song started playing again. Note there are HUNDREDS of songs on that playlist. 

The following weeks I’ve seen my dads face in complete strangers in traffic, in stores, online. I prayed to God to have a dream about him and that night I did.  It was a very brief appearance of him bringing me a gift at my birthday party. The weird part is it was a continuation of a dream the previous night. 

Then my mom told me last night that she audibly heard his voice at 4 in the morning yesterday. She is not a superstitious woman and would never lie and I believe her. 

can someone explain these things?

Edited by ~Shalhevet~
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

God does not allow the dead to send us messages. Perhaps you are dealing with grief. I am sorry for your loss.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

My dad passed away three weeks ago. Since then we’ve had a number of unexplainable events happen and I wonder if maybe God allows people who have passed to send us messages?  Is that biblical or are we just dealing with grief?

It all started an hour before my dad passed. While my father was dying and sedated surrounded by almost the entire family, the song by Kitty Wells “How Far is heaven?” played on a music playlist. My dad had tears in his eyes even though he was completely sedated. I am haunted to this day by those tears. Flash forward an hour later, I’m holding his hand and said “I love you dad,” he took his final breath and immediately that song started playing again. Note there are HUNDREDS of songs on that playlist. 

The following weeks I’ve seen my dads face in complete strangers in traffic, in stores, online. I prayed to God to have a dream about him and that night I did.  It was a very brief appearance of him bringing me a gift at my birthday party. The weird part is it was a continuation of a dream the previous night. 

Then my mom told me last night that she audibly heard his voice at 4 in the morning yesterday. She is not a superstitious woman and would never lie and I believe her. 

I'm so sorry for your loss,and I'm sorry to say that he can't communicate any more with anybody.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 For the living know that they will die, but the dead do not know anything; they have no further reward—and even the memory of them disappears. What they loved, as well as what they hated and envied, perished long ago, and they no longer have a part in anything that happens on earth.

• Thanks 1

Though difficult to hear, I appreciate your truths.  Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

32 minutes ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

Though difficult to hear, I appreciate your truths.  Thank you.

I understand how difficult it is for you, praying for you all for strenght in the days to come,God is close to the broken hearted,put your trust in Him..:emot-heartbeat:

Taste and See that the LORD is Good
…17The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears; He delivers them from all their troubles. 18The LORD is near to the brokenhearted; He saves the contrite in spirit. 19Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him from them all.…

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

We are told not to commune with the dead and I would doubt that it is your father....   However I do firmly believe that the Holy 

Spirit gives us the things we need to get by when getting though tough times.  Visions of things to soften the hurt is not beyond what the Spirit can do.        However that is just my personal thoughts and experiences while talking with other folks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

15 hours ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

The spirit world is parallel to the natural world. Shalom

Luke 24:[15] And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
[16] But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
[17] And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
[18] And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass therein these days?
[19] And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:
[20] And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
[21] But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
[22] Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
[23] And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
[24] And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.
[25] Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
[26] Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
[27] And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
[28] And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and he made as though he would have gone further.
[29] But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them.
[30] And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
[31] And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
[32] And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
[33] And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,
[34] Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
[35] And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.
[36] And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/25/2022 at 6:55 AM, ~Shalhevet~ said:

Hi Shalhevet

So sorry for your loss..How are you doing?

When my father died there were many strange events for a short while afterward..

If you are interested to know my thoughts you can message me..

God bless you and yours

Mike

Edited by Snow
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/25/2022 at 2:38 PM, angels4u said:

I'm so sorry for your loss,and I'm sorry to say that he can't communicate any more with anybody.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 For the living know that they will die, but the dead do not know anything; they have no further reward—and even the memory of them disappears. What they loved, as well as what they hated and envied, perished long ago, and they no longer have a part in anything that happens on earth.

Amen, they lay in the grave till Jesus comes and the resurrection.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Snow said:

Hi Shalhevet

So sorry for your loss..How are you doing?

When my father died there were many strange events for a short while afterward..

If you are interested to know my thoughts you can message me..

God bless you and yours

Mike

It is so strange that these unusual and unexplainable things happen after death but maybe it’s because we are more sensitive in our mourning?  

I am doing okay lately. I am crying less and less but I still think of him several times a day. The regret that I had has diminished thankfully. I am sort of back in the “denial stage” and pretending it didn’t happen and this was all just a nightmare I’m about to wake up from. 

Edited by ~Shalhevet~