• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 3/1/2022 at 10:41 AM, kenny2212 said:

Quick question - Will absolutely everyone who's a Christian(every person who calls God "Father" - Galatians 4:6) be raptured at the time of the rapture? These Christians contrast "Christians" referred to in Matthew 7:21-23. 

After a thorough study of the parable of the ten virgins, I'm beginning to lean toward the camp saying not all Christians will be raptured at the time of the rapture. Not referring to people who will later become Christians during the tribulation.

PARABLE OF THE TEN VIRGINS

Matthew 25:1-13(NKJV) - 

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

6 “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

11 “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ 12 But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

13 “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

Thanks for reading and God bless. Any questions or comments?

simply stated…only TRUE BELIEVERS are raptured. Unfortunately, there are many people who go to a church, or wear a cross around their neck, and even say they are a Christian because they are members of a Christian Church…..but alas, these are not the criteria that renders one a TRUE BELIEVER. 

You must believe and only God can make that call because only He knows the heart of man. In the 10 virgins parable, the 5 foolish were just that….foolish….they didn’t have the oil which often is symbolic of the Holy Spirit. Nevertheless, there will be believers after the rapture, so I guess you could say, they may have a chance to repent and believe during this time.

cheers,

S

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Spock said:

You must believe and only God can make that call because only He knows the heart of man. In the 10 virgins parable, the 5 foolish were just that….foolish….they didn’t have the oil which often is symbolic of the Holy Spirit. Nevertheless, there will be believers after the rapture, so I guess you could say, they may have a chance to repent and believe during this time.

Greetings Spock,

I agree with your thoughts about the Ten Virgins, with the oil representing the Holy Spirit, and they, without oil, did not have it.

I look at that parable as the five wise virgins are messianic Jews and Christians that received the Word, are waiting, prepared, and ready. It would surmise the other five virgins believed in God and were chosen, but were not watching for His arrival and the kingdom of God, in the form of His son and rejected Him. These foolish virgins remind me of those who did not accept Christ as their Messiah.

Revelation 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Spock said:

simply stated…only TRUE BELIEVERS are raptured. Unfortunately, there are many people who go to a church, or wear a cross around their neck, and even say they are a Christian because they are members of a Christian Church…..but alas, these are not the criteria that renders one a TRUE BELIEVER. 

cheers,

S

There are those who might disagree.

• ALL ten are called Virgins - they are the same
  • ALL ten have Lamps burning - they are the same
  • ALL ten wait for the Bridegroom - they have the same ambition
  • ALL ten fall asleep as the Groom delays - the same
  • ALL ten RISE together. Non believers rise at a different time to believers
  • ALL ten RISE at the call "He is coming" - their ambition remains the same
  • ALL ten "go forth" to met the Groom - their same ambition is unabated

The problem was lack of oil, NOT in the Lamp, but in their VESSELS. That was caused by the lack of knowledge that while the oil in the Lamp was for free, the oil in their VESSELS had to be "bought". This is what made the difference and caused the Holy Spirit to call them "foolish".

Their designation of "Virgin" is not changed. They are called Virgins even after they miss the wedding feast. They go and buy oil - making them the same as the wise - having the required oil. They expect to be let into the Wedding Feast with the right supply of oil. The reason for refusal to the wedding feast is NOT lack of oil, but that the Groom did not know them by sight (meaning of the Greek). That is, although they were part of the fiancé, they had never spent time with the Groom.

Do you know Christians who do a lot of good things, but spend little time with the Lord? What about Martha? I worry about myself - to tell the truth.

• Praise God! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On 3/18/2022 at 9:18 PM, AdHoc said:

The problem was lack of oil, NOT in the Lamp, but in their VESSELS. That was caused by the lack of knowledge that while the oil in the Lamp was for free, the oil in their VESSELS had to be "bought". This is what made the difference and caused the Holy Spirit to call them "foolish".

Their designation of "Virgin" is not changed. They are called Virgins even after they miss the wedding feast. They go and buy oil - making them the same as the wise - having the required oil. They expect to be let into the Wedding Feast with the right supply of oil. The reason for refusal to the wedding feast is NOT lack of oil, but that the Groom did not know them by sight (meaning of the Greek). That is, although they were part of the fiancé, they had never spent time with the Groom.

Do you know Christians who do a lot of good things, but spend little time with the Lord? What about Martha? I worry about myself - to tell the truth.

Nice rebuttal…..you could be right….or maybe not. 😎✌️

• 7 months later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 3/18/2022 at 6:18 PM, AdHoc said:

This is an older thread, but I have to say I agree with AdHoc (and others) who say that all were regenerated believers, for the same specific reasons he gives (thanks bro) - they can't be saved & unsaved ones, but rather 5 were just foolish and didn't pay attention (or were not faithful).

Many believers see that Christians who are faithful receive better rewards than unfaithful ones (see servants in Matthew 25), but unfortunately not so many see there is a better rapture or resurrection for these faithful ones too.

Too many places in scripture show there are different, conditional rewards for the matured Christian, and this principle transfers to the matter of the rapture - meaning there are conditions given that need to be met.  That is, some, because they are faithful and have grown well in Christ will mature and ripen before others.  In the beginning of Revelation 14 we see first fruits (early ripened) are taken to the throne and this occurs before the general harvest, which harvest is clearly depicted later in that same chapter. (vs 14-16; shows Christ on the cloud reaping His harvest)

Here's an interesting verse to examine: "If by any means I may attain to the out-resurrection from out of dead." (Philippians 3:11 - literal)  In this verse Paul uses a word only used once in the New Testament, "out-resurrection." (Strong's g1815) This word is almost always inaccurately translated as simply "resurrection," but in this verse, this word actually has an "ek" before it, which means "out."  So Paul is hoping he attains "to the out-resurrection from the dead."  What is this?  This is another example showing there is a special resurrection to be sought after.

Edited by Vine Abider
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/18/2022 at 6:18 PM, AdHoc said:

The parable of the "Ten Virgins" is self explanatory, when the Five asked the Lord to open the door he clearly stated "I Know You Not" they were never saved, it's that simple

Matthew 25:10-12KJV

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  3,427
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

6 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

The parable of the "Ten Virgins" is self explanatory, when the Five asked the Lord to open the door he clearly stated "I Know You Not" they were never saved, it's that simple

In this passage in Mathew 25 there are at least eight things that tell us these all are regenerated ones, and then one thing that seems to say they are not.  When we try to hang everything on one word or phrase, when everything else is lining up to tell us something different, then we need to question our understanding of that one thing. This is an example of that. 

So if these 8 things very strongly suggest they are all regenerated, we must look at the phrase, "I don't know you." Could this mean something else?  If you say no, it means He NEVER knew them at all and they can't be regenerated, then what will you do with the 8 reasons stating they are regenerated?

I think others have given what is a viable explanation to this supposed dilemma - it means He never got to know them in a personal and more intimate way.  For instance, if you were dating someone who was very closed to you you, red flags would go up, and you wouldn't have much of a relationship.  In fact, you would probably stop dating them, and definitely wouldn't marry them.  You might then say, "I knew them in an outward way, but I never really got to know them."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I think the most important thing to realize or to keep in mind when reading Jesus parables, is who the audience is and why He is addressing them.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.16
  • Days Won:  31

7 hours ago, truth7t7 said:

@Alive

A good point about knowing one's audience.....

Some preachers speak as if all their audience is just about to sweep through the gates of the celestial city....when probably they are not;

while: other preachers to a room-full  of believers with a good testimony will keep repeating a mantra about, If you receive as your own and personal.....etc.

(Either way it can be baffling..........)

Edited by farouk

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, farouk said:

@Alive

A good point about knowing one's audience.....

Some preachers speak as if all their audience is just about to sweep through the gates of the celestial city....when probably they are not;

while: other preachers to a room-full  of believers with a good testimony will keep repeating a mantra about, If you receive as your own and personal.....etc.

(Either way it can be baffling..........)

Sure--I think as far as someone functioning in a pastoral role, under Christ's leadership, is to meet the assembly where they are and that takes knowing them intimately and not from afar.

Ultimately, its the Lord's annointing at any given time that counts. Another way of putting that--is this what the Lord has for those folks today?