• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,553
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Alive said:

I remember this kind of reasoning back in the 70’s.

Supposition and guesswork then and still now.

We will know when we know, but I suspect it has nothing to do with technology or artifacts.

:-)

But rather points to the unimaginable.

Good morning Alive,

I'd be happy to politely discuss supposition and guesswork. I'd first need to know the kind of "reasoning" back in the 1970s, Hal Lindsey? 

I assume you see no technology involved in end-time global control, the world observing in real time the Two Witnesses and sending presents, etc.? 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.38
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning Alive,

I'd be happy to politely discuss supposition and guesswork. I'd first need to know the kind of "reasoning" back in the 1970s, Hal Lindsey? 

I assume you see no technology involved in end-time global control, the world observing in real time the Two Witnesses and sending presents, etc.? 

Ya--back when the Hal Lindsey stuff was all the rage.

As far as the other points? I have no idea and frankly do not care much.

I will say this---I have never in all my years since the Lord translated me, ever had a witness in the Spirit of any of this end time stuff.

I have said it before. He has shown me many things and if He wanted me to understand this, He would open my eyes.

I have my eyes on two things: a loud shout and the fullness of the gentiles. I think watching world events and sticking them into the bible, although an interesting distraction at times, mostly a waste of time and energy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,553
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Alive said:

Ya--back when the Hal Lindsey stuff was all the rage.

As far as the other points? I have no idea and frankly do not care much.

I will say this---I have never in all my years since the Lord translated me, ever had a witness in the Spirit of any of this end time stuff.

I have said it before. He has shown me many things and if He wanted me to understand this, He would open my eyes.

I have my eyes on two things: a loud shout and the fullness of the gentiles. I think watching world events and sticking them into the bible, although an interesting distraction at times, mostly a waste of time and energy.

Perhaps you’re correct, my hermeneutics may be out of context, I won’t argue the point:

Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,556
  • Content Per Day:  7.15
  • Days Won:  100

8 hours ago, Alive said:

But rather points to the unimaginable.

Excellent comments in both posts but I felt this statement strikes at the heart of the issue, brother. The heavenly is beyond the comprehension and experience of man. This has no bearing upon whether man is ancient or modern and is not predicated upon the language he speaks. 

The assumption that visions recorded in scripture describe technology common in our day springs from the premise that these visions depict events occurring in our day. This feat of circular reasoning pushes the cart by the horse (so to speak): "See? This could describe a fighter jet!", or "There's no question this describes the attributes of a silicon chip!"

Recent history (the past 200 years or so) features a procession of soothsayers who declared that this would happen because this came to pass, and many believed them. How many raptures were supposed to have happened by now? Marks of the beast? Second comings? Antichrists? Armageddon? Some are in the business of believing such things and so the proverbial cart continues to be pushed by a very weary horse. This is the product of believing that prophecy recorded long ago is all about us right now. 

Who has witnessed the Son of God in His glory upon the throne of God? Who has heard things that are not lawful for men to utter? Flesh and blood cannot endure before the face of the Lord God Almighty in His glory, and so He is merciful toward His servants: He preserves us so we might bear witness to His glory. The Lord is pleased to reveal things which are too great for us in our estate to grasp let alone articulate in terms common to men, so the prophet relies upon euphemism given by the Lord Himself. 

Ah, but we aren't left guessing. The scripture is clear regarding when things shall come to pass. For example, 'the kingdom of heaven is at hand.' We know what that means without turning to a soothsayer who pushes the cart with a horse. :)    

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  20

10 hours ago, Selah7 said:

zóon: a living creature

My Strong's Concordance number for this word(s) is not the same.  The Hebrew word is chay. Strong's #H2416. 

Zoon is the Greek translation but Ezekiel was written in Hebrew.

◄ 2416. chay ►
Strong's Concordance
chay: age
Original Word: חַי
Part of Speech: Adjective; feminine; noun masculine; noun feminine; noun feminine; noun masculine; Adjective; noun feminine
Transliteration: chay
Phonetic Spelling: (khah'-ee)
Definition: alive, living

Strongs (1).jpg

Strongs (2).jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  20

@Alive Salvation is the end game and the Lord told us the crop is ripe but the harvesters are few.  Like the guy who buried the treasure and reaped nothing for the owner in the parable, we had better be out planting seeds and trying to saving the lost!  

That guy who buried the treasure and did nothing...... well, he got his just rewards for the nothing he did.  I too, for the most part, try to stick with the main plan to save souls for Him.  :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  11

48 minutes ago, debrakay said:

My Strong's Concordance number for this word(s) is not the same.  The Hebrew word is chay. Strong's #H2416. 

Zoon is the Greek translation but Ezekiel was written in Hebrew.

◄ 2416. chay ►
Strong's Concordance
chay: age
Original Word: חַי
Part of Speech: Adjective; feminine; noun masculine; noun feminine; noun feminine; noun masculine; Adjective; noun feminine
Transliteration: chay
Phonetic Spelling: (khah'-ee)
Definition: alive, living

Strongs (1).jpgC

Strongs (2).jpg

Hi there, debrakay.  Well, I don’t think it really matters what language we call these living creatures.  It is more important, I think, to understand that these Zoon (or chay) are not actually beasts (as in monsters).  With their eyes, they can understand clearly.  And it isn’t necessary for them to rest, because these "zoa" were created by God.  They keep a continual watch on the throne of God and as they keep their watch, they are continually giving praise to our Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.

And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

- Revelation 4:8-11 (KJV)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1