• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

On 3/22/2022 at 8:34 PM, Alive said:

I responded to all nations coming against Israel and as an aside, the Israel existing today.

Where does scripture indicate specifically all nations? And Israel of today as is implied as folks looking at current events. I see no sure continuity in these things where “we know”.

Convince me.

The LORD Judges the Nations
1“Yes, in those days and at that time, when I restore Judah and Jerusalem from captivity, 2I will gather ALL the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning My people, My inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations as they divided up My land. 3They cast lots for My people; they bartered a boy for a prostitute and sold a girl for wine to drink.…Joel3:2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings & Good Morning Brother Alive

I do think its best to have a discussion regarding "LOGOS" AND "logic" in another thread as imo it is simply another distraction from the Topic of this Thread,which I do believe is a very important matter regarding current events=which,sadly is not going to make headline news and its highly likely we(as a Nation) are not even going to hear one tiny, little, brief statement about it by the media in any way ,shape or form!

Getting back to your comment about "logic" and referencing LOGOS/CHRIST seems a bit odd to me because even though the origins of the word "logic" do stem from "logos"( a word, reckoning, thought)-please note the use of lower case here only,it is a far stretch from Bible application or to even consider our use today of the word"logic"was even closely related to the actual meaning if LOGOS where the Apostle John calls Jesus the Logos

For an example & I really do not want to go on & on about this with many many words using extensive vocabulary to try and dazzle the reader so they may think I am some literary genius-not my style and not EVER my intention.....I am nothing without Christ but here is the thing with me about folks who often refer to"logic"to validate the deductions of their own reasoning(not that of Holy Spirit)....and I am not implying that is what you have done & no disrespect intended,its simply one of my pet peeves as many use this method to avoid contradiction as though it provides some form of evidence for correct reasoning    Anyway,heres the thing

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Having said all that I want to get back to the proper definition of logos(lower case)-lets use Hebrew as an example(one of many btw):

Philo (c. 20 BC – c. 50 AD), a Hellenized Jew, used the term logos to mean an intermediary divine being or demiurge. Philo followed the Platonic distinction between imperfect matter and perfect Form, and therefore intermediary beings were necessary to bridge the enormous gap between God and the material world.

and the concept of logos(Greek,again lower case)

A principle originating in classical Greek thought which refers to a universal divine reason, immanent in nature, yet transcending all oppositions and imperfections in the cosmos and humanity. An eternal and unchanging truth present from the time of creation, available to every individual who seeks it.

Now when we put a capital there-WOW!  "Logoswe have an entirely different meaning

In Greek philosophy, the logos remains an impersonal force, a lifeless and abstract philosophical concept that is a necessary postulate for the cause of order and purpose in the universe. In Hebrew thought, the Logos is personal. He indeed has the power of unity, coherence, and purpose, but the distinctive point is that the biblical Logos is a He, not an it.

All attempts to translate the word Logos have suffered from some degree of inadequacy. No English word is able to capture the fullness of John's Logos when he declared that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. Attempts have been made by philosophers to translate Logos as logic, act, or deed—all of which are inadequate definitions.(You can read more below....)

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-terms/logos-in-the-bible-definition-and-significance.html

Sorry about the many many words that I tried desparately to avoid,I'm generally not a long winded poste but on this particular subject I could go on even further.....& be happy to in another Thread

Point is when seeking Knowledge & Understanding of the Word of God I do my best to avoid (my) logic and rely not on my own understanding as surely it has proven to be a great hindrance to Receiving the actual Word for THE WORD(LOGOS) which of course is Given by the Power of Holy Spirit

I must apologize to by Brother @OneLightFor going waaay off Topic,please excuse me for "pontificating" LOL   as I do regard the Topic as an important one & distractions can truly be an awful annoyance-I'm sorry for the detour

I watched the video and as I mentioned earlier(before my rant)   I have no doubt this is a sneak peak of the shadow conspiracy lurking about,the current Administration knows exactly what they are doing which is & has been Anti-semitic from way back    I too never thought that America would EVER take such a position against Isreal,no not ever!   Even as a very young girl I would imagine myself(& American soldiers) on horseback at Armaggedon protecting Israel on the Gods Army side(I know,kooky kid)when I knew less than nothing regarding the Book of Revelation....I now know a little bit more than nothing,lol

Yes indeed,this Administration has caused enough damage already & truly needs to GO,will it be too late,can any of the damages biden caused be fixed even if they stepped down no,as we speak? I think not & this video is further proof of that as it is going to get much worse...wars,rumors of wars-I think we are moving past the signs of those times very quickly as we are starting to see the beginning of birth pains.....hmmmm

With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,247
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Excellent posts here... One of the most important realities is -God is speaking His Words through man speaking His Words under inspiration of Holy Spirit ... this means where the man is thinking perhaps in the immediate~ God is thinking in all times and places immediate... I believe why this is written
1 Corinthians 8:2 (KJV)

[2] And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

[3] But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

I don't delve into eschatological things to greatly other than that which has already been fulfilled to see how God speaks forward and then fulfills that which was spoken of.... (now written for our benefit)  I use it more for glorying in The Lord and His Ways that exceed us all yet encouraging us to continue to learn of Him... 

There are many places within Scripture where a thing is spoken and then Scripture is silent or at least undiscovered to continue in thought of the thing spoken... it is here that a heart has to determine wait upon God or press by the will to continue forcing Scripture to yield to said will... and then this 'what good is it to be wrong '... while thinking one's right... the onus of weight has been placed upon the teacher
James 3:1 (KJV)

[1] My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

2 Timothy 2:24 (KJV)

[24] And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

[25] In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

God's Word is clear and may we all in reverent fear get it right!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I do think its best to have a discussion regarding "LOGOS" AND "logic" in another thread as imo it is simply another distraction from the Topic of this Thread,which I do believe is a very important matter regarding current events=which,sadly is not going to make headline news and its highly likely we(as a Nation) are not even going to hear one tiny, little, brief statement about it by the media in any way ,shape or form!

Getting back to your comment about "logic" and referencing LOGOS/CHRIST seems a bit odd to me because even though the origins of the word "logic" do stem from "logos"( a word, reckoning, thought)-please note the use of lower case here only,it is a far stretch from Bible application or to even consider our use today of the word"logic"was even closely related to the actual meaning if LOGOS where the Apostle John calls Jesus the Logos

For an example & I really do not want to go on & on about this with many many words using extensive vocabulary to try and dazzle the reader so they may think I am some literary genius-not my style and not EVER my intention.....I am nothing without Christ but here is the thing with me about folks who often refer to"logic"to validate the deductions of their own reasoning(not that of Holy Spirit)....and I am not implying that is what you have done & no disrespect intended,its simply one of my pet peeves as many use this method to avoid contradiction as though it provides some form of evidence for correct reasoning    Anyway,heres the thing

Having said all that I want to get back to the proper definition of logos(lower case)-lets use Hebrew as an example(one of many btw):

Now when we put a capital there-WOW!  "Logoswe have an entirely different meaning

Sorry about the many many words that I tried desparately to avoid,I'm generally not a long winded poste but on this particular subject I could go on even further.....& be happy to in another Thread

Point is when seeking Knowledge & Understanding of the Word of God I do my best to avoid (my) logic and rely not on my own understanding as surely it has proven to be a great hindrance to Receiving the actual Word for THE WORD(LOGOS) which of course is Given by the Power of Holy Spirit

I must apologize to by Brother @OneLightFor going waaay off Topic,please excuse me for "pontificating" LOL   as I do regard the Topic as an important one & distractions can truly be an awful annoyance-I'm sorry for the detour

I watched the video and as I mentioned earlier(before my rant)   I have no doubt this is a sneak peak of the shadow conspiracy lurking about,the current Administration knows exactly what they are doing which is & has been Anti-semitic from way back    I too never thought that America would EVER take such a position against Isreal,no not ever!   Even as a very young girl I would imagine myself(& American soldiers) on horseback at Armaggedon protecting Israel on the Gods Army side(I know,kooky kid)when I knew less than nothing regarding the Book of Revelation....I now know a little bit more than nothing,lol

Yes indeed,this Administration has caused enough damage already & truly needs to GO,will it be too late,can any of the damages biden caused be fixed even if they stepped down no,as we speak? I think not & this video is further proof of that as it is going to get much worse...wars,rumors of wars-I think we are moving past the signs of those times very quickly as we are starting to see the beginning of birth pains.....hmmmm

With love-in Christ<Kwik

Yes indeed,this Administration has caused enough damage already & truly needs to GO,will it be too late,can any of the damages biden caused be fixed even if they stepped down no,as we speak? I think not & this video is further proof of that as it is going to get much worse...wars,rumors of wars-I think we are moving past the signs of those times very quickly as we are starting to see the beginning of birth pains.....hmm

You could have posted this for the US and Canada, soon the World Government be set up  (only for a little while) and then Jesus government which will never end...:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

With love-in Christ<Kwik

You just used a bunch of logic.

lol

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/24/2022 at 4:51 AM, Selah7 said:

I don’t know if the following scriptures are what you’re looking for as they speak of the end of this age when God’s wrath is poured out (the seventh vial):

"But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. "Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. "For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

- Luke 21:20-22

So, the above was not the wrath John preached was coming, as preparing the way of escape from it?

Mt 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Joh 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Lu 7:29  And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
30  But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.
31  And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

Edited by Anne2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

15 minutes ago, Anne2 said:
On 3/24/2022 at 6:51 AM, Selah7 said:

I don’t know if the following scriptures are what you’re looking for as they speak of the end of this age when God’s wrath is poured out (the seventh vial):

"But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. "Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. "For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

- Luke 21:20-22

So, the above was not the wrath John preached was coming, as preparing the way of escape from it?

Mt 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Joh 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Lu 7:29  And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.
30  But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.
31  And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?

Luke 21:20 is speaking of the "abomination of desolation" spoken of by Daniel the prophet. 

Matthew 24:15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Jesus was quoting from Daniel 9:27.

16 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Luke 21:20 is speaking of the "abomination of desolation" spoken of by Daniel the prophet. 

Matthew 24:15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

Jesus was quoting from Daniel 9:27.

Yes? So the wrath that John preached an escape from did not include that?

AN apostolic requirement...for ministry 

Act 1:20  For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
21  Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
22  Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

What do you suppose was the wrath they needed to be saved from that Generation? 

Ac 2:40  And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

2 hours ago, Anne2 said:

Yes? So the wrath that John preached an escape from did not include that?

AN apostolic requirement...for ministry 

Act 1:20  For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
21  Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
22  Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

What do you suppose was the wrath they needed to be saved from that Generation? 

Ac 2:40  And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Do you know what the Olivet Prophecy is? This can be seen in Jesus Christ's own words about the end of this age in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. After the antichrist (Satan) appears in Jerusalem pretending to be God at the 6th trump, Jesus returns at the 7th trump, along with the wrath of God.  Many Christians will be deceived by Satan's deception and will worship him as a result. This is known as the Great Apostasy. "Don't be deceived," Jesus warns us over and over.  ….But God's wrath will not harm those who have the seal of God in their foreheads (meaning they will not be deceived because they know and understand the truth of God’s Word); it will only harm those who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads.

Rev. 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

1 hour ago, Selah7 said:

Do you know what the Olivet Prophecy is? This can be seen in Jesus Christ's own words about the end of this age in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21. After the antichrist (Satan) appears in Jerusalem pretending to be God at the 6th trump, Jesus returns at the 7th trump, along with the wrath of God.  Many Christians will be deceived by Satan's deception and will worship him as a result. This is known as the Great Apostasy. "Don't be deceived," Jesus warns us over and over.  ….But God's wrath will not harm those who have the seal of God in their foreheads (meaning they will not be deceived because they know and understand the truth of God’s Word); it will only harm those who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads.

Rev. 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Are you saying this is the wrath John the baptist was sent to  warn was coming?