IGNORED

The alive and remaining are changed - doesn't that mean all the rest died?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, George said:

Eusebius was instrumental in the rise of the Catholic church (Constantine and the Christian Empire) and the council of Nicaea  ... which led to the DARK AGES and the times of the. inquisition whereby millions of true believers were slaughtered for their faith.

Try again!

Do you have a pdf file for him as well? I'm saving them on my pc,tx!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, Josheb said:

What do you folks Jonah looked like after three days and nights inside a great fish?

I don't know, but it might have helped the Ninevites repent, LOL!

Related question: What do you suppose he smelled like?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Psalm 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Might fit well with Acts 3:21 ! (link)

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Heaven_Bound said:

You might want to correct that to "Angels", though geometry is fun too!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Heaven_Bound said:

Philippines

Active spelling cop here - I never knew he was aware of Pacific Islands!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Omega is on a roll!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

I can't keep up with entire threads any more.  :(  But just to say and testify that I underwent a couple of days of feeling literally disoriented, a kind of dizziness, when the Lord was dismantling the 'premillennial' stronghold in my mind.  This was after I became WILLING, thankfully, through what others were saying here, to re-examine my beliefs on that, and ASKED the Lord to show me.  He already began setting me straight in a more more gradual way, years ago, on Hebrew roots, after I did the same with that....laid it on the altar and ASKED Him to sift it.  I became WILLING to re-examine Hebrew roots because of seeing much that was wrong with that movement. (Think all the Lord wants is our willingness.) And He teaches me entirely through His word, easily, simply, clearly, without confusion or angst or needing to wrest anything or fill in blanks with my own imagination.  Graciously opening just one or two passages at a time, because I can't handle too much info all at once.

This is not to condemn anybody, because I used to be in the same boat, but Hebrew roots allures through the flesh...fleshly emotions.  The devil is taking advantage of our desire to see Israel saved.  We have been "loving" Israel with fleshly emotions, not with the true love of God that is above our ways.  There is often even craven idolatry in how we have been 'loving' Israel....and that opens the door to the devil and his delusion...which is God's judgment.   But Isaiah said concerning Israel, though you be as numerous as the sand of the sea, only a remnant will be saved and this was reiterated in the NT and we know God's word can't be broken.  That's the reality for Israel as well as for peoples of the nations.  Only a remnant from either will be saved....only the elect.  Though I believe there will be a harvest of Jewish souls saved in the very end, in the nick of time before Jesus comes, after they find themselves in tribulation and dire straits and finally call upon God and become WILLING to believe in His Son.

There is no way we should think God is sanctioning the rebuilding of another Temple in Jerusalem to 'restore' temple worship to the Jews when He Himself abolished it and razed the Temple to the ground.  No way He would return to a mere weak shadow when the true substance has come....the very mystery of God from the foundation of the world.  As I saw someone rightly posted, Jesus Christ is a High Priest FOREVER after the order of Melchizedek....of the tribe of Judah, NOT LEVI!  And explicitly saying God will not change His mind! CHANGE OF THE PRIESTHOOD FOREVER!  Due to a CHANGE OF THE LAW!  There is only ONE WAY to the Father and only ever will be....and that is through Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMachiach....NO OTHER WAY.  And remember that was preached to the Jew FIRST and still is the SAME gospel for them first.  And if anyone preaches any other way, that is a false gospel.

Edited by Heleadethme

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

I can't keep up with entire threads any more.  :(  But just to say and testify that I underwent a couple of days of feeling literally disoriented, a kind of dizziness, when the Lord was dismantling the 'premillennial' stronghold in my mind.  This was after I became WILLING, thankfully, through what others were saying here, to re-examine my beliefs on that, and ASKED the Lord to show me.  He already began setting me straight in a more more gradual way, years ago, on Hebrew roots, after I did the same with that....laid it on the altar and ASKED Him to sift it.  I became WILLING to re-examine Hebrew roots because of seeing much that was wrong with that movement. (Think all the Lord wants is our willingness.) And He teaches me entirely through His word, easily, simply, clearly, without confusion or angst or needing to wrest anything or fill in blanks with my own imagination.  Graciously opening just one or two passages at a time, because I can't handle too much info all at once.

This is not to condemn anybody, because I used to be in the same boat, but Hebrew roots allures through the flesh...fleshly emotions.  The devil is taking advantage of our desire to see Israel saved.  We have been "loving" Israel with fleshly emotions, not with the true love of God that is above our ways.  There is often even craven idolatry in how we have been 'loving' Israel....and that opens the door to the devil and his delusion...which is God's judgment.   But Isaiah said concerning Israel, though you be as numerous as the sand of the sea, only a remnant will be saved and this was reiterated in the NT and we know God's word can't be broken.  That's the reality for Israel as well as for peoples of the nations.  Only a remnant from either will be saved....only the elect.  Though I believe there will be a harvest of Jewish souls saved in the very end, in the nick of time before Jesus comes, after they find themselves in tribulation and dire straits and finally call upon God and become WILLING to believe in His Son.

There is no way we should think God is sanctioning the rebuilding of another Temple in Jerusalem to 'restore' temple worship to the Jews when He Himself abolished it and razed the Temple to the ground.  No way He would return to a mere weak shadow when the true substance has come....the very mystery of God from the foundation of the world.  As I saw someone rightly posted, Jesus Christ is a High Priest FOREVER after the order of Melchizedek....of the tribe of Judah, NOT LEVI!  And explicitly saying God will not change His mind! CHANGE OF THE PRIESTHOOD FOREVER!  Due to a CHANGE OF THE LAW!  There is only ONE WAY to the Father and only ever will be....and that is through Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMachiach....NO OTHER WAY.  And remember that was preached to the Jew FIRST and still is the SAME gospel for them first.  And if anyone preaches any other way, that is a false gospel.

I am still sleeping and going back to sleep did you say remnant of Israel saved?

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Romans 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Romans 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Romans 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Romans 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

I am still sleeping and going back to sleep did you say remnant of Israel saved?

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Romans 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Romans 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Romans 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Romans 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Romans 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Romans 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob

Yes....I haven't been looking at this particularly recently, but as far as I understand it til now, there will be a remnant of survivors of Jews/Israel in the very end before the return of Christ, at the end of the Lord dealing with them  through tribulation, and they are at wit's end surrounded by their enemies.  Fig tree harvest at the end, amen, as George is saying in his Fig Tree post.  The Lord will have mercy on Israel then, they will be saved and then scooped up with the rest of those who are alive and remain, forever with the Lord, just as judgment day arrives.  Then the earth and all unbelievers left in it will undergo the fire of His wrath and be burned up. 

It changes absolutely nothing about the gospel or how we think of the Jews/Israel.  Not a thing.  Every Jewish soul who dies without Christ/Messiah in the meantime will have to face the judgment, just as every Gentile soul without Christ does.  They all need the self-same gospel...it's the gospel that will save them in the end.

And I don't see how there can any shangri-la on earth for a thousand years once this whole world is judged and burned up with nobody left to populate it.  Judgment day is at the coming of the Lord.  The rule and reign of Christ Messiah is now and we are ruling and reigning with Him now......by FAITH.  Walking by faith not by SIGHT, remember...His kingdom comes not with careful OBSERVATION outwardly, but is WITHIN.  His power and authority delegated to the believer, both Jew and Gentile, treading on snakes and scorpions, casting out devils, setting captives free, healing the sick, taking ground for the Lord by rescuing souls from the enemy's camp (salvation) etc.

God's word teaches that our hopes, thoughts and affections are to be ABOVE, looking at the UNSEEN......not on anything of this world.  That's why we're looking for a new heavenly earth and heavens, heavenly Zion, not earthly...our mother, the mother of Jew and Gentile believers including the remnant of Israel in the end, is the Jerusalem that is ABOVE, not below.

2Ki 19:30-31

Once more a remnant of the kingdom of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above.

For out of Jerusalem will come a remnant, and out of Mount Zion a band of survivors. “The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Edited by Heleadethme

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

And remember that was preached to the Jew FIRST and still is the SAME gospel for them first.  And if anyone preaches any other way, that is a false gospel.

Apparently not back to sleep.  My take and why

On the planet earth at any given time there are more descendants of Abraham then any other peoples.  GOD SAID.

EVERLASTING COVENANT made with Israel -  Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Jacob name changed to Israel.  The KINGDOM OF ISRAEL established forever. 

GOD appoints DAVID King over all Israel and EVERLASTING COVENANT made Throne and House endure forever  2 Sam 7:11,   Psalm 89:3,4,29,37
Reign over House of Israel forever Jeremiah 33:17-26

EVERLASTING COVENANT WITH ISRAEL
KINGDOM ESTABLISHED FOREVER
THRONE AND HOUSE OF DAVID ESTABLISHED -Monarchical system over House of Israel forever.  

ALL TAKING PLACE ON EARTH SO WHEN WE READ AS A CHILD WOULD READ

Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David

Luke 1:33 And He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of His kingdom there shall be no end.

HAS JESUS YET OCCUPIED THE THRONE OF DAVID HERE ON EARTH?  No, but He is coming back to do so.  

Kingdom and the King rejected and He ascended into heaven,  but HE DESCENDS IN LIKE MANNER, and it is written NOWHERE He will ASCEND after that.

Back to my point, So David reigned 7 years over Judah and 33 over all Israel where every man dwells safely, then Solomon takes over, falls into sin, Israel divided.  Then 10 Northern tribes sin and are taken into captivity one by one and later, Southern tribes do worse and they are  taken into captivity. 

The 'punishment' of being banished from the land and then scattered takes effect and so when the 10 northern tribes come out of captivity they are scattered to the world, forgetting all knowledge of who they are, but growing like weeds or should I say like dust, stars, and sand.  

The SCATTERED SHEEP, having been scattered years before have no idea who they are and have become the peoples of other lands all around the globe, GENTILES themselves.  

Now when Judah returns from captivity go to Jerusalem and build the temple (just in time for Christ, amazing)  then Christ and the Kingdom will be proclaimed and then rejected and 40 years later the temple destroyed.  

Does ANY OF THAT end any of the COVENANTS that were made?  Does GOD CAST OFF His people and start anew or does God KEEP HIS PROMISES AND REMAIN FAITHFUL and instead just slowly re form His people now to include all blood not just Abrahams physical descendants?  

Leviticus 26:40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;

Leviticus 26:41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:

Leviticus 26:42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

Leviticus 26:43 The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.

Leviticus 26:44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I WILL NOT CAST THEM AWAY, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.

Leviticus 26:45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 26:46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

SO the 'church' is the RE FORMING of GODS people scattered to the earth.  The only ones who were 'blinded' were those of Judah, one part of Israel and they are blinded while all the lost are brought back.  

WHAT DID JESUS SAY?  

Matthew 15:24 But HE ANSWERED AND SAID, I AM NOT SENT BUT UNTO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.  

Galatians 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

AND that makes us ALL of JACOB.  Not separate.  Not divided.  Not some stay some go.  ONE MANY MEMBERED BODY.  If only we could get those who call themselves the 'church' to STUDY THE OLD COVENANT so they might understand the NEW. Go to the schoolmaster so they are BROUGHT to Christ knowing what that means.  

Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

THE WORD MADE FLESH.  THE OLD TESTAMENT.  THE WORD OF GOD NO LESS THAN THE NEW.  WE ARE ALL ONE PEOPLE.  RIGHT NOW THE HOUSE OF JUDAH HAS A JOB TO PERFORM FOR GOD.  DOES NOT MAKE THEM ANY LESS, NOR SEPARATE FROM THE BODY OF CHRIST.  THEY MAY BE BLIND RIGHT NOW BUT WHEN THOSE BLINDERS COME OFF AND THEY ARE GRAFTED BACK IN.....

SO, I believe,  if you are a CHRISTIAN TODAY, you are either 'one of the lost sheep of Israel' or 'ye Abraham's seed' AKA 'the church' 'the body of Christ' 'the bride of Christ',

and either way you are of THE WHOLE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.  Heirs to the promises. 

Remember, THE SCATTERED SHEEP had BECOME the same as the GENTILES before Christ walked the earth.  

CHRIST WAS SENT TO BRING THEM ALL BACK TOGETHER AND BACK TOGETHER HE HAS BROUGHT THEM LOSING NOT ONE, AND THEY ARE CALLED TODAY, BY HIS NAME

CHRISTIANS.  

AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT I BELIEVE IS WRITTEN.  

• This is Worthy 1