IGNORED

The alive and remaining are changed - doesn't that mean all the rest died?

DeighAnn

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

17 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

They are alive and soon to be dead.  Both sides?   

There will be those who never took the mark of the beast...who survive it all.  Specifically, Egypt cries out to the Lord because of the oppressors (the opposite of the Exodus...whereby, the Jews cried out and God delivered them...now it's the opposite and God delivers them.  It's an amazing prophecy when you realize the implications.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, George said:

I posted every reference where the term 'last day' was used in the NT.

Doesn't it strike you as strange that 'A LAST DAY' is never mentioned again after the resurrection of Christ and the 'graves are opened'?  

or when

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

HE DIDN'T AFFIRM 'the last day' BUT INSTEAD gave some new information  

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: (and the graves opened)

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.

Believest thou this?

THINGS CHANGED.  He was walking a fine line between OLD and NEW.  

1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1 Corinthians 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1 Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15:23 But every man in his own order

Christ the firstfruits 

afterward they that are Christ's at His coming.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

17 minutes ago, George said:

There will be those who never took the mark of the beast...who survive it all.  Specifically, Egypt cries out to the Lord because of the oppressors (the opposite of the Exodus...whereby, the Jews cried out and God delivered them...now it's the opposite and God delivers them.  It's an amazing prophecy when you realize the implications.  :)

I don't think I know any of this.  Where is it found so I can go read it instead of asking a thousand questions?

• Steward

8 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

afterward they that are Christ's at His coming.

So you just answered yourself ... :)

• Steward

5 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I don't think I know any of this.  Where is it found so I can go read it instead of asking a thousand questions?

19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.

20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

21 And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.

22 And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them.

23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.

24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:

25 Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

Isaiah 19.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,038

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

How is it possible for a Christian to be dead ANYWHERE or at ANYTIME?  

John 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this?

I think your question is answered in verse 25. But you have focused on verse 26 alone. I can venture an answer, but you must first admit the context - the "AT the last day", and then your understanding of it with its attendant raising of the dead and the immortality of the living.

Otherwise, there is no cure for a single verse ripped out of its context.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

9 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Am I correct in that you believe there are those who can take the mark of the beast and live through the return of Christ?   

Shalom, DeighAnn.

Yep! Not everyone who is not of the Messiah will take the mark of the beast; only those who dwell within his kingdom. There will be others in other nations who do not take the mark. Quit thinking UNIVERSALLY! These are not cases of "p" and "not p!' There are MULTIPLE conditions that must be met to be a subject who takes the mark of the beast!

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

1 Corinthians 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Since there will be no more DEATH or GRAVE for the Millennium, how will they die a 'second death' if they have not died a first one?  

Shalom, DeighAnn.

When those in Christ who are dead are raised back to life, and those in Christ who are alive are transformed, then they shall have put on incorruption and immortality.

Those who are NOT in Christ but are dead shall remain in their graves until the conclusion of the Millennium. Those who are NOT in Christ and are alive when He comes, will not be transformed and they will live a normal life, have children, and die a first death just as anyone does today.

So, who says "there will be no more DEATH or GRAVE for the Millennium?" That's not found in the Scriptures.

Don't confuse the Millennium with the Eternal State after the Great White Throne Judgment - the Judgment of damnation - and after the sentencing to the Lake of Fire and Sulfur.

Edited by Retrobyter
to add a thought
  • Thumbs Up 1

Do you believe 

John 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Shalom, DeighAnn.

Of COURSE I believe it! But, one must read this in THE SAME WAY that Yeshua` presented this in the context with the Sadducees!

Matthew 22:23-33 (KJV)

23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, 24 Saying,

"Master, Moses said, 'If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.' 25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased (died), and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: 26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. 27 And last of all the woman died also. 28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her."

29 Jesus answered and said unto them,

"Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God! 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. 31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, 32 'I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?' God is not the God of the dead, but of the living!"

33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Yeshua` was saying that God is not the God of the dead because Avraham, Yitschaq, and Ya`aqoV shall not stay dead but will be resurrected! He is the God of the living because of the Resurrection!

If you think for one moment that you can be live and believe in Yeshua` the Messiah and never face death in this life, you're only fooling yourself. People still wear out and cease to function; they die and must be buried, just as Avraham, Yitschaq, and Ya`aqoV died and were buried all in the cave of Machpeelaah near Hevrown ("Hebron"). HOWEVER, they are NOT considered "permanently dead" because there SHALL BE A RESURRECTION!

Let me ask it this way.  All the saved go to be with the Lord and return with Him.  SO WHO would be 'dead' in the earth if the saved never are?  

Actually, all the saved who die go to the grave and await the Resurrection. When the Lord returns, they will go to be with the Lord IN the Resurrection, being gathered by His messengers, and return with Him to Israel.

If one wants a reasonable answer, one must phrase the question correctly.

Edited by Retrobyter
to correct a spelling error
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Isn't it the wrath that ends this age when they are avenged?  By the time Christ returns all the 'fellowservants' would have been killed.  

Let's say I lived and died 500 years ago and some vicious person really hurt me.  Wouldn't he have to be RAISED up to have GODS WRATH fall upon him for me to be avenged?   Vengeance is mine says God and so we are not to do it ourselves.  I have always believe that 'they will get theirs' but it will be from God.  That is going to take some resurrecting or do you believe it all takes place at the end of the millennium?  

I would say the sum total of God's wrath is to be thrown into the lake of fire. The ultimate vengeance would be your enemy tormented forever. Whatever comes at the end when Jesus arrives is more a pleading to turn than what we think of as wrath.  Wrath doesn't come upon the flesh but upon the eternally tormented soul. God uses pain and suffering to get our attention, not to punish, but for our growth. It doesn't work for everyone but it does for some.

So then your 500 year old tormenter will be raised for the judgement and judged according to his or her works, as in Matt 25. 

During the time of God's and Jesus' wrath if people die without acknowledging Christ as Lord they will effectively be cast into the pit after the GWT judgement.

What if your tormenter of 500 years ago turned to Christ on their deathbed and you didn't know it? Now they are a brother in Christ. 

In the end I see wrath as the ultimate death of the soul in the lake of fire. The rest is pleading to change hearts so souls are saved from that wrath.

• Thumbs Up 1