• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

1 minute ago, Starise said:

Not really ;) :) referring to Alive's comment.

In the last 100 years as compared to the last 5000 years knowledge has EXPONENTIALLY increased. I could show it with multiple sources. In only 50 years we went from land line rotary dial phones to wireless pocket computers you can pay your bills on and wrist watches that receive texts.

If the condition spoken of in scripture was an "always" sort of thing, there would have been no need to mention it as a pointer to future events at all.

Knowledge continues to increase exponentially. We may not agree but I think this is one indicator we are nearing the last days. I don't dare set a date or time, but if it's getting warm we might be getting close to the oven.

What kind of knowledge is the scripture referring to? Material or spiritual?

The great increase in spiritual knowledge can when Jesus and the HS arrived in the 1st century.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

2 minutes ago, abcdef said:

But these happen all the time, throughout history.

See my comments to Alive on this.

3 minutes ago, abcdef said:

Jerusalem is restored to Israel, 1967. This is a firm point that shows where we are in the timeline.

The identification of the restoration of Jerusalem in prophecy reveals other details surrounding the event.

This is a different approach to the timeline from the centuries old timelines. They had to speculate if Jerusalem would be restored.

Now the question is, where does it show in the Revelation that Jerusalem is restored?

I agree but was it 1948 or 1967? I hear both times.

3 minutes ago, abcdef said:

Souls from the Roman Empire and the reformation may disagree with you.

Accounting for countries like China among others numerically it works out to more people, although this isn't necessarily a tag to the end times.

6 minutes ago, abcdef said:

Let me try to explain about the prophecy timeline. We should always be open to different viewpoints as we learn, as things are revealed. 

In this case, the old timelines are broken like glass on the floor. Then the events are picked up one by one and reconsidered as to where they are placed in the timeline.

This is the hard part, trying to remove all the previous perceptions about the events and old timelines. Trying to get a completely new perception or consideration. Most people seem to hold on to what their teachers have said and automatically dismiss other ideas.

I agree, things change. This is where i think we can get into trouble in attempting to narrow too many specifics we don't really know about OTOH the bible tells us a lot.

8 minutes ago, abcdef said:

Suppose, that there was someone who did know when Jesus was coming.

What could that person say or do to convince you that what they were telling you was true?

How would you know?

If God has given them over to their rebellion, they will be deceive by what's coming. Others who have been living under a rock will suddenly see things happen and begin to question it.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

4 minutes ago, abcdef said:

What kind of knowledge is the scripture referring to? Material or spiritual?

The great increase in spiritual knowledge can when Jesus and the HS arrived in the 1st century.

Ya unless there is a translational gap in the English versions it's "knowledge". as in things we know. No hint of it being only spiritual knowledge. The rest of that text is about practical things so I think this is a practical statement.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, Starise said:

I agree, things change. This is where i think we can get into trouble in attempting to narrow too many specifics we don't really know about OTOH the bible tells us a lot.

12 minutes ago, abcdef said:

I have to admit that I have become cynical in recent years...regarding so many 'theories' regarding end time stuff. It stems from so many claiming divine acquired special knowledge regarding interpreting scripture---and none of them agree.

I am convinced that it becomes a pre-occupation that robs from 'today'.

I once gave a message years ago, regarding Jesus instruction about "taking no thought for tomorrow".

I used an illustration of each of us carrying a sack over our shoulder and in that sack are the concerns from each day that accumulate. Every once in a while, we need to take down that sack and empty it...or better yet throw away the sack.

The point was--that today gets mighty crowded when we bring the yesterdays and the tomorrows into it.

I think this is what Jesus meant.

Luke 19:13 (KJVS) And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

11 minutes ago, Starise said:

Matthew 24:32-35

“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.  So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors!  Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."

Scroll back through Matthew 24 and mentally check off all that was prophesied to happen.  As for the fig tree becoming tender and putting forth it's leaves, that's already happened.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

10 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Matthew 24:32-35

“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.  So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors!  Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away."

Scroll back through Matthew 24 and mentally check off all that was prophesied to happen.  As for the fig tree becoming tender and putting forth it's leaves, that's already happened.

And most of it took place about 40 years later.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member

16 minutes ago, Starise said:

See my comments to Alive on this.

The center is on Jerusalem, Lk 21:24. 

If God has given them over to their rebellion, they will be deceive by what's coming. Others who have been living under a rock will suddenly see things happen and begin to question it.

My brother, you didn't answer my question.

Please consider this, What could anyone say that would convince you that what they were saying was true?

Perhaps you may conclude that there is nothing that can be said that would convince you. Why?

Jerusalem being restored is real. It is a firm point in the timeline.

Can you expand on it? 

--

• Group:  Diamond Member

33 minutes ago, Starise said:

Ya unless there is a translational gap in the English versions it's "knowledge". as in things we know. No hint of it being only spiritual knowledge. The rest of that text is about practical things so I think this is a practical statement.

For several reasons, Dan. 12:1-7 is speaking about the 30-70 AD time period.

Does that change your perception of the timeline?

The 3 1/2 times that the angel speaks of is from the captivity in Babylon until the great scattering of Israel in 70 AD. Then the little scroll is opened, unsealed. It was opened in front of John in 85 AD ish.

The 3 1/2 times is not years, but from Babylon until 70 AD, over 500 years.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

30 minutes ago, Alive said:

And most of it took place about 40 years later.

:-)

You hold to one opinion.  It all has to happen in order to count as the time Jesus was speaking of, not just "most".   I happen to believe that this, as the Hebrews see life, will cycle around again and this time, it will be much worse.  :-)

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

12 minutes ago, abcdef said:

For several reasons, Dan. 12:1-7 is speaking about the 30-70 AD time period.

How can you say this?

Dan 12:2  And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Are you suggesting this has already taken place?