Michael37

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

““So always be ready. You don’t know the day your Lord will come. What would a homeowner do if he knew when a thief was coming? You know he would be ready and not let the thief break in.
So you also must be ready. The Son of Man will come at a time when you don’t expect him.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:42-44‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, abcdef said:

What kind of knowledge is the scripture referring to? Material or spiritual?

The great increase in spiritual knowledge can when Jesus and the HS arrived in the 1st century.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Just a thought, is the above verse two clauses or a single one? As most interpret it, taken at face value, it seems a no-brainer. Consider this could be a dual prophecy or even have a different meaning. I forget where I gleaned this from, but I consider it plausible.

Everyone I have spoken to agrees that there is something rotten in the state of Denmark. The world is out of kilter and exponentially turning chaotic and dangerous; what in the world is going on? People are starting to ask as everything is unraveling. The world is not falling into pieces; the pieces are falling into place. ~ Jan Markell.

These are only the beginning of sorrows (birth pangs) and will only worsen. Constant shortages and soon-to-be global food crises (famine). Inflation is turning to hyper-inflation, with economic collapse inevitable—international aggression and governments out of control.

The following are becoming the new normal: Wokism, gender neutrality, and identification, reparations, critical race theory, brainwashing children, population control, gay lifestyle acceptance; everything has turned topsy-turvy.

As these crazy things progress and wax worse and worse, many people will turn to scripture and prophecy to find answers, and their end-time knowledge will increase.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/14/2022 at 8:25 AM, Shilohsfoal said:

My bet is most people won't realize the time before it happens. I expect it will be like the days of Noah. Everyone going about thier everyday lives. Then all the sudden the rains came and took them all away. That's what happens when you don't pay attention. 

Pay close attention. 

Yes, as in the days of Noah (Matt 24:37-39). For what it worth, I find it remarkable that the White House Correspondents' Dinner ("eating and drinking"), a longstanding tradition which occurred this year on 4/30/22, was hosted by Trevor Noah.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

33 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Just a thought, is the above verse two clauses or a single one? As most interpret it, taken at face value, it seems a no-brainer. Consider this could be a dual prophecy or even have a different meaning. I forget where I gleaned this from, but I consider it plausible.

Everyone I have spoken to agrees that there is something rotten in the state of Denmark. The world is out of kilter and exponentially turning chaotic and dangerous; what in the world is going on? People are starting to ask as everything is unraveling. The world is not falling into pieces; the pieces are falling into place. ~ Jan Markell.

These are only the beginning of sorrows (birth pangs) and will only worsen. Constant shortages and soon-to-be global food crises (famine). Inflation is turning to hyper-inflation, with economic collapse inevitable—international aggression and governments out of control.

The following are becoming the new normal: Wokism, gender neutrality, and identification, reparations, critical race theory, brainwashing children, population control, gay lifestyle acceptance; everything has turned topsy-turvy.

As these crazy things progress and wax worse and worse, many people will turn to scripture and prophecy to find answers, and their end-time knowledge will increase.

Yup nasty stuff.

It seems to me, that the various media, hollywood and even govt. makes it seem many more except these things than actually do.

Hey look! It’s a squirrel.

God does deal differently with nations than with individuals. 
We will see in due time.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

15 hours ago, OneLight said:

I agree, it could be said about every generation up to now, but I see it more now than I have since I can remember. 

America was blessed after WW 2 to the end that led to the restoration of present day Israel. 

But those blessings of abundance have taught the generations to be material centered instead of spiritually centered. 

--

The evil of dictators and kings has always been and is now. Think of pre-history man, the Roman Empire, the dark ages, the middle ages, that is how people have lived the majority of the ages, very primitive.

(I suppose that at the last judgment, that the souls who lived during all those primitive times will look at our generations and say something like, "You had all those blessings, everything that you could imagine, and yet, you squandered them when you could have fed the nations, healed the sick, sheltered the homeless, and given the direction to the throne of God's love." I believe that many will be ashamed of their lives then, because those souls will be right.)

But for awhile, there was some peace. When Americans knew the love of God was the direction that nations should follow.

Now, there are those who would sow discord in the name of Jesus, fakes, liars.

Accusers who distort and hide the truth and deceive others into violence. 

They have forgotten the love, they have lost the direction, lost the dream of peace. 

They are loud, like chariot wheels of an army, hiding the truth of love.

Preaching and teaching hate instead of love for their neighbors.

Rom 2:15, Shows their thinking is accusing others, while excusing their own behavior.

--

I believe for us, those in the "free world", it was this short period of peace which makes the evil appear to be gaining strength. The contrast between peace for awhile and then the evil gaining strength is the thing that makes us see evil that we have not known.

---

But these things that we are seeing are not the "days of Noah" reference of the Bible Matt 24:37. That reference is to the 70 AD destruction of Jerusalem.

Jesus is coming for the kingdom soon, yes, but Noah in the Matt 24 reference does not apply to it.

---

14 hours ago, OneLight said:

I guess I can add to my list then of others who do not agree with the JW doctrine in general, but do follow some of their beliefs.

The JW's don't want anything to do with me. They have come and I talked with them, but for some reason, they have crossed me off their list, ha ha.

Daniel 9:25 does not mention Michael the archangel, but does refer to the Messiah, who is Jesus.

Dan 9:25, calls the Messiah Jesus, "the prince".

The angel of Dan 12:1, is also called the prince of the people and the deliverer.

---

An angel is a spirit, so how does a spirit deliver the people of Israel?

What does he deliver the people of Israel from?

When does the event of delivering the people happen? What time frame? Is the timeframe 30 AD ish? Or some other time?  

If it is our time, then how does this apply to Israel today?

“Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;

Jesus begins His ministry after the 69 weeks are over and the 70th week has begun.

Now you are really reaching.  Let's look at Revelation 10:1-7

1 I saw still another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud. And a rainbow was on his head, his face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire.

2 He had a little book open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land, 3 and cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roars. When he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices.  4 Now when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them.”

5 The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven 6 and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer, 7 but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.

The angel of Rev 10:1, is described the same as in Rev 1:14-15, Rev 4:3.

Rev 10:2, The open scroll/book was last seen in the hand of Jesus in Rev 5:7, Rev 8:1. Now the scroll is given from the hand of Jesus to John to understand and repeat.

What the scroll says, is the story of the 2 witnesses.

The very same angel you speak of in verses 1&2 is the same angel through verse 7, but notice in verses 5 & 6 how this angel raises his hands to heaven and "swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer".  Who is this angel swearing by?  Jesus as it is Jesus who created all that was created, which we read in John 1:1-3

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

The angel is not Jesus.

Heb 6:13, "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself," 

---

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,096
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 5/14/2022 at 6:07 AM, Michael37 said:

I periodically encounter Christians who are convinced Christ will return in their lifetime. That's OK as long as they don't give me an earbashing on the subject. Those who do emphatically advise me that Christ will return in their lifetime usually do so with a list of reasons and an earnest expectation that tends to to mark them as somewhat intense, even fanatical, in my estimation.

Of course I agree that as Christians we are to be ready for Christ's Return, that it is to be regarded as imminent, but as for being convinced it will happen in my lifetime, I'm just not that sure, and the record shows many in history have set dates, and been convinced of His Return in their lifetime only to be proved wrong. 

I came across this obviously defunct claim at the link below:

Quote:

Jesus will return on March 5, 2014!

The Date Jesus Will Return is Finally Revealed! (redeeminggod.com)

If you enjoy satire you might want to read the article.

And those "supposed claims" (I don't care to look, its redundant, we al know the type ourselves) are mostly done by people who were living in times before the facts came to light, thus they were guessing in error without the factual understandings needed, which only the end times can give us. Secondly, those setting specific dates instead of a SEASON should be discounted straight away, and anyone who gave them heed are at fault themselves.

But when the end times gets here, Jesus said we would know, so I throw it ack on you and others, why cant you see the obvious? Its nit eve close, any Christian with just a little common sense should know Jesus will come back in your lifetime unless you die in the next few years. 

1.) Israel is a nation again, ever read the Valley of Dry Bone Prophecy? This happens in the end times, after 2000 some odd years of Israel being as Dead Men's Bones Israel is revived, and put in place for the 70th week to come to pass, where she can  repent, but that only happens after the ties the Gentiles comes to fruition. 

2.) We are told by Paul in Romans 1 and in varied other places the world will get far more evil towards the very end. We have seen 1 Billion Abortions or baby murders in the last 75 or so years, we have seen homosexuality accepted, we have people brainwashing our kids into becoming trans freaks. We have people that sit around and take pictures of themselves all day long, they are LOVERS OF THEMSELVES, we are indeed in the end times now.

3.) We have all the needed tools at hand for an actual Anti-Christ to set up a kingdom where he can track everyone, via Facebook meta data, google maps, google phones, iPhones, computers, we have have a one world type atmosphere, we have Russia, Iran and Turkey in an Alliance, we have Israel and all of her IMMEDIATE NEIGHBORS in an alliance of Peace at the same time which are both MUST NEED BE facts of any end time understanding.

4.) We need to be able to see an Asteroid that is going to hit as Revelation chapter 8 says will happen. Well, Apophis is "SUPPOSED" to come within 19 k miles (10 times closer than the moon) on April 13, 2029. For one, anyone telling you an asteroid will come within 19 k miles and then telling you its going to is is a liar or a naive person, scientists have told us that. Just them saying its a 3 percent chance tells us, if this is if God it is going to hit. Well, what do al the other SIGNS SAY? They sat we are in the end times now. Wat I don't get is I see people who don't want to g be wit Jesus tbh, they love this evil world so they deny the facts in front of their face.

So, I see Apophis as the middle of the week Rev. 8 Day of the Lord event, thus I see the fall of 2025 as the Rapture. We should now the SEASON, Jesus says so in the Parable of the Fig Tree in Matthew 24:32-35. We can't know the Day nor Hour simply refers to the exact day and hour of the Pre Trib Rapture, nothing more.

Of course this has been my calling of 37 years, I see what you can't on many things, but every Christians should be able to see we are in the very end times. Jesus will be ruling within 10 years. I am glad, not sad about that, but if it were not true I still would not tell an untruth as some may have, but but pointing to crazy peoples statement as a way to verify your thesis is weak my brother.

7 hours ago, B-B said:

Hi @abcdef 😊

The entire quote in my post, is from the article which @Michael37 posted in his opening post, (for our  amusement/enjoyment). The article was a bit 'tongue in cheek' -  it was trying to get across, the message that no one knows the exact day/hour etc of our Lords return, yet unfortunately this doesn't seem to prevent some folks from proclaiming that the Lord has chosen to reveal this date especially to them. 

Further quotes from the article:

"I know the date that Jesus will return!

I figured it out! The math was always there for people to see, but in these last days, God has seen fit to reveal the truth to me, His chosen prophet, of the exact day that Jesus will return! It is privilege to be the first person on earth who knows when Jesus will return"

"Here is how the Holy Spirit helped me figure it out:"

The second coming for salvation, the resur/rapt, will happen exactly as stated in the story of the 2 witnesses, 3 1/2 days after Jerusalem falls to the armies of Iran, from across the Euphrates shown as the 6th trumpet.

This may happen in our lifetime. Maybe only a few years from now, or months?

----

5 hours ago, Hopefully said:

““So always be ready. You don’t know the day your Lord will come. What would a homeowner do if he knew when a thief was coming? You know he would be ready and not let the thief break in.
So you also must be ready. The Son of Man will come at a time when you don’t expect him.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:42-44‬ ‭

70 AD ish

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

13 minutes ago, abcdef said:

Dan 9:25, calls the Messiah Jesus, "the prince".

The angel of Dan 12:1, is also called the prince of the people and the deliverer.

You should take notice that in Daniel 9:24, Prince is capitalized because it speaks about the Messiah, but in Daniel 12:1, when speaking about Micheal, it is not capitalized because Micheal is not God.