IGNORED

100% Acceptance Of Homosexuality By 2040?

Hidden In Him

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  310
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

Let's hope they weren't taken in Lafayette, LoL. :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Why? It's as conservative as Hollywood is liberal.

But the point was the need for fair and random sampling.

Edited by chesed

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

19 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

By 2040? I don't think this earth will be around in 2040 as we know it now. Not with the way things are going.

I have friends that take this position, but I think there are too many things that would need to happen in too short a time for the Lord's return to come that soon. I fully expect to live out my life and the Lord's return will not have come yet, and I believe I have another 25 years left, Lord willing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Jesus foretold this:

And the world will be as it was in the days of Lot. People went about their daily business—eating and drinking, buying and selling, farming and building—” (Luke 17:28, NLT)

The Days of Lot is Sodom and Gomorrah. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

5 hours ago, Hidden In Him said:

Just saw something interesting. A recent Gallup poll is showing that 71% of respondents now say homosexuality is morally acceptable, with only 28% saying it is not. That amounts to a 30% jump in those who favor it (up from 40% to 70%) in just two decades.

If this is the case, and if that's how quickly public opinion is changing, we should assume that Western society will be approaching almost universal acceptance within just the next 20 years. I wonder how many Christians will still stand for what the word of God actually teaches on the subject by 2040.

I really don't think we will be here in 2040. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

37 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

I have friends that take this position, but I think there are too many things that would need to happen in too short a time for the Lord's return to come that soon. I fully expect to live out my life and the Lord's return will not have come yet, and I believe I have another 25 years left, Lord willing.

Time will tell.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

2 hours ago, Hidden In Him said:

Did they allow for a civil discussion on the issue? LoL.

I think we know the answer to that one, my friend. ;) 

I find the newsfeed distressing, but I do make an effort to keep abreast of things here and there. If anyone is familiar with the atrocious nonsense associated with a certain "nonbinary" celebrity actor lately, one might notice one article after the other referring to this man as "they." Journalists go out of their way to avoid referring to him as "he." Hmmm. :39: 

One article had the decency to explain this to the reader which is how I discovered this is the man's "gender preference." 

Ooooooooooooookay. Creepy.

:sneaking:

• Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

The difficulty is in the wording ..ACCEPTANCE  doesnt actually mean wanting to join in or thinking they are right it means accepting that they have a choice . My next door neighbour is homosexual  He is open in that he has no interest in women in a sexual manner  but he certainly doesnt go around advertising the fact or pushing it into other peoples faces So do I " accept " him YES he is one of the kindest people around here and polite,  thoughtful, loves my grandchildren and my dogs, in fact the best neighbour one could ask for . His choices are his own and his relationship or not is between himself and God it is not for me to not " accept " him   

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

4 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

The difficulty is in the wording ..ACCEPTANCE  doesnt actually mean wanting to join in or thinking they are right it means accepting that they have a choice . My next door neighbour is homosexual  He is open in that he has no interest in women in a sexual manner  but he certainly doesnt go around advertising the fact or pushing it into other peoples faces So do I " accept " him YES he is one of the kindest people around here and polite,  thoughtful, loves my grandchildren and my dogs, in fact the best neighbour one could ask for . His choices are his own and his relationship or not is between himself and God it is not for me to not " accept " him   

Understand, what is at issue is the acceptance of homosexuality, not the homosexuals themselves. Will there be universal acceptance of homosexual practices within Western society by 2040, and if so, how many believers will still be willing to speak out against it in such an environment. 

Edited by Hidden In Him
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

"If" we make it to 2040 before the great tribulation begins in earnest, see Matt 23:34- Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Reading more about what "these things" are in addition to the markers we use to determine when the clock begins, such as Israel becoming a nation in 1949 or 1967 all depending on how you see that. Technically Israel was a nation in 1949. I think this is when God clicked a start button. A sequence of events has begun that will soon lead the world into the great tribulation. According to the bible whatever generation exists when these things happen will not pass away. A generation is somewhere around 70 years.

Add in the the "as in the days of Lot" references to the equation and this further solidifies that we are in those times. What times? The last days. I think this makes a strong argument for a closer series of biblical prophecy events, and therefore a strong argument that since we are already in that 70 year range, 2040 might be post 2nd coming. So anyone that says they are not sure we will be here living life same as now by 2040 has a valid argument. I think the bottom is going to drop out.

Yes we will still have homosexuals pushing their evil agendas if they are around. It will be seen as accepted by general society, already pretty much IS something straight unsaved people tolerate without much thought. They don't like it, might not agree with it. Since it doesn't affect them they are of the "live and let live" attitude. The organization I work for has a department dedicated to "inclusion" with multiple paid people serving in various positions for the express purpose of supporting 'inclusion'. The school my wife teaches at has mandates from their state run headquarters to literally push this out there. Principles of schools are told what school administration wants and they either comply or might be terminated. June was "Pride" month. *gag*

Satan has been hammering away at churches for some time now mixing the idea of loving everyone regardless and then gently recommending all of those people to leadership.*gag #2* The evil world system has been breeding apostate churches now faster than ever before. Yet another sign if the end times, people will be made to believe a deception because they refused to accept the truth. Romans 1:25-27.

25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

I know I'm drifting some from topic but I thought this to be relevant.

This so called gay agenda will be accepted by most even though accepted probably means tolerate for most. I see them pulling a "Daniel" on us in the future. You might recall Daniel had enemies who were attempting to have him killed. They made a law they knew he wasn't going to follow for the express purpose of doing him in. They thought they had him, but God preserved Daniel. Same type of thing happens with Shadrach, Meshah and Abednego. A few evil crafty men in the king's court tricked him into signing into law something they knew those three would not follow. In this case God preserved those men as well.

This is how I see the attempted elimination of true believers in the future. Create a law we won't follow, create an environment of hate in the general public for that (by then) small minority of people who will not cave to all of these societal totalitarian demands in order to be allowed to exist in society. One of those demands will be to accept the homosexual tripe or else. The cry from those blinded masses will be "off with their heads".

• Thumbs Up 2