IGNORED

Did God become wiser as He cancelled the clean and unclean food which gave no spiritual benefit

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  779
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Content Per Day:  3.03
  • Days Won:  1

God gave rule to the Hebrew in the desert not to eat unclean food but it was for no good, as the Hebrew Rebel for 40 years and they therefore one generation perished in the sand.  

Almost All Kings of Judah and Israel were Rebel and people were hypocrites. What the Law for ? Clean food and Circumcision doesnt make a man Holy.

As Jesus said whatever food enter the mouth only ended up as dirt.

Thats why Jesus replaced the Law with these two:  Love God and love your neighbours. If people can love God and others as much as they love their bellies do they still need Law ? Eating clean food and circumcised don't make people Holy.

Did God become wiser ? Of course not, so why change ?

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

Did God become wiser ? 

To say He became wiser is to imply that He was anything less than perfect to begin with. 

God knows everything. He could not get any wiser than He already is and was. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

God gave rule to the Hebrew in the desert not to eat unclean food but it was for no good, as the Hebrew Rebel for 40 years and they therefore one generation perished in the sand.  

Almost All Kings of Judah and Israel were Rebel and people were hypocrites. What the Law for ? Circumsion doesnt make a man Holy.

As Jesus said what enter the mouth only ended up as dirt.

Thats why Jesus replaced the Law with these two:  Love God and love your neighbours.

Did God become wiser ? 

There are no verses anywhere that "Jesus" replaced the Law. "Love God and love your neighbours" is from the law Lev 19:18

NKJ Leviticus 19:18 `You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD. 

Yeshua (Jesus) is God He didn't replace His own Laws or words. He is the word made flesh. The doctrine quoted is erroneous typical replacement theology.

The same Jesus you are talking about said and I quote 

NKJ Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, "It is written,`Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

Again directly quoting the Law of God from Deut 8:3.  When Yeshua said this there was no New Testament as it hadn't been compiled for centuries later. What Yeshua was talking about was the Old Testament again quoting from it.

Yeshua brought no new commandments he was establishing the commandments already there. Why? because He doesn't change He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Which also means the law, the word of Yahweh is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

Yeshua reinforces when He said.  NKJ John 7:16 Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

There are still unclean and clean foods. Whenever one reads food in the Bible the context is clean food. Food in God's eyes is clean only. Just because you can eat something does not mean it is food.

Replacement theology is the doctrine of demons. Hopefully the Holy Spirit will reveal this to you. As the Holy Spirit can only teach and guide into truth. The Holy Spirit is God. God's word from Gen 1 to the end of Rev 22 is truth. Not just from Matthew. 

Shalom

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,283
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Did God become wiser ? 

NO!

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  779
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Content Per Day:  3.03

2 hours ago, Ancient said:

There are no verses anywhere that "Jesus" replaced the Law. "Love God and love your neighbours" is from the law Lev 19:18

NKJ Leviticus 19:18 `You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD. 

Yeshua (Jesus) is God He didn't replace His own Laws or words. He is the word made flesh. The doctrine quoted is erroneous typical replacement theology.

The same Jesus you are talking about said and I quote 

NKJ Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, "It is written,`Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"

Again directly quoting the Law of God from Deut 8:3.  When Yeshua said this there was no New Testament as it hadn't been compiled for centuries later. What Yeshua was talking about was the Old Testament again quoting from it.

Yeshua brought no new commandments he was establishing the commandments already there. Why? because He doesn't change He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Which also means the law, the word of Yahweh is the same, yesterday, today and forever.

Yeshua reinforces when He said.  NKJ John 7:16 Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me.

There are still unclean and clean foods. Whenever one reads food in the Bible the context is clean food. Food in God's eyes is clean only. Just because you can eat something does not mean it is food.

Replacement theology is the doctrine of demons. Hopefully the Holy Spirit will reveal this to you. As the Holy Spirit can only teach and guide into truth. The Holy Spirit is God. God's word from Gen 1 to the end of Rev 22 is truth. Not just from Matthew. 

Shalom

Eating clean food doesnt make men's heart clean.

If you can love God and others as much as you love your Belly do you still need Law ? 

@Who me

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,316
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

4 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

God gave rule to the Hebrew in the desert not to eat unclean food but it was for no good

Any understanding or interpretation that implies that God was wrong can be disgarded as being false.

God gave a great many rules and laws to the Israelites at Sini and the Israelite failed to keep them.

He even explained why he gave them.

That they would be a witness to the nations around them of what following a holy God would do for the people.

Jesus fulfilled the requirements of the cerimonial and moral laws.

We are not bound by them, but as Paul says in romans the ten commandments enable as to identify what is sinful.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

4 hours ago, Who me said:

Any understanding or interpretation that implies that God was wrong can be disgarded as being false.

God gave a great many rules and laws to the Israelites at Sini and the Israelite failed to keep them.

He even explained why he gave them.

That they would be a witness to the nations around them of what following a holy God would do for the people.

We are not bound by them, but as Paul says in romans the ten commandments enable as to identify what is sinful.

Yes "Jesus fulfilled the sacrifices, as they are shadows of His work on the cross. This does not do away with many other laws. For e.g. Do not murder, commit adultery, honor your father and mother etc. As this is how He instructed the rich young ruler when ask what must I do to inherit eternal life. He didn't say oh just wait for me to die on the cross and you will be saved. His shed blood on the cross redeems us from the penalty of breaking the law which is death. It does not mean the Law is now abolished and we are not bound by them. If one does not receive redemption, i.e., the shed blood of Yeshua on the cross they are still bound by the law of sin and death why because the law is still valid. 

You rightly say that it is because of the law we know what sin is, sin is breaking the law. The penalty of breaking many laws is sin and death. It is the penalty we are redeemed from not the law itself. The law blesses those who guard and protect it and curses those who do not. This is what Deuteronomy 28 is all about. If you kept it you were blessed if not you were cursed. Same law positive for one negative for the other. Yeshua our Messiah has removed the curse, the penalty of death through His death and resurrection. But that does not mean the law is done away with. The Law is the standard Yahweh will use in the judgement. Paul proclaims that the law is holy, just and righteous. Yeshua says

NKJ Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 

Fulfill does not in any way shape or form mean done away with. This is evident as He himself followed the Law and so did the apostles and 1st century believers. As the book of Acts and Paul's letters affirm over and over again.

I applaud you in regards to your comments that any interpretation that implies that God was wrong is false. Praise Yahweh.

The replacement theology is wicked, deceptive and comes from the father of lies the Devil himself.

Shalom

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

7 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Eating clean food doesnt make men's heart clean.

If you can love God and others as much as you love your Belly do you still need Law ? 

@Who me

@Ancient

6 hours ago, Who me said:

Dont  think " fulfilled' means 'replaced".....replaced means the one is done away with and something is put in its place

Fulfillment means that the one is not done away with but completed,it is finished    

Hebrews 9:12, 26

So by saying “it is finished” Jesus was signaling to the Jewish world that there was no more need for sacrifices or temples because that his work brought ultimate fulfillment to what their sacrificial system foreshadowed.Jun 25, 2017 This does not give the authors name on a google search "it is Finished"(is not me)but these are my sentiments exactly

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

You can see the Old Testament acting as a foundation for the new. Without animal sacrifice, in particular the Passover lamb, Jesus' sacrifice has less context. Then you can look at the dietary laws as setting the stage for "what you eat doesnt make you unclean". Even the Sermon on the Mount, extrapolating how thoughts build off of the Commandments. Though there is the arguement that Jesus didn't mean to break dietary law, merely that what you eat or not eat has no bearing on righteousness; Acts 10:9-16 is much more straightforward.

Though as an aside, the kosher/unkosher/trefah dietary setup could be considered in a literal sense of "clean". Following it, you're less likely to encounter parasites and other such things. So it can have a dual meaning of both spiritual cleanliness for the ancient Israelites, and a practical cleanliness to keep the people on a more safe diet.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Almost All Kings of Judah and Israel were Rebel and people were hypocrites. What the Law for ? Clean food and Circumcision doesnt make a man Holy.

As Jesus said whatever food enter the mouth only ended up as dirt.

Thats why Jesus replaced the Law with these two:  Love God and love your neighbours. If people can love God and others as much as they love their bellies do they still need Law ? Eating clean food and circumcised don't make people Holy.

Did God become wiser ? 

No, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.  A lot of the ceremonial Laws of Israel had deep spiritual meaning, so what was done physically (by ritual) demonstrated that meaning.  The (ceremonial) Law that was done away with vs the (moral) Law which still stands has some fuzzy boundaries where Christians are in a quandary which  is in effect vs which is not.  Now by "in effect" I mean as standards of righteousness we ought to follow upon repenting and not that it saves anyone because breaking one part one breaks all.  However, this has been convoluted into meaning "it no longer matters." Anyhow, with circumcision I think the NT answered that very well and many believe that the dietary Laws also went out.  However, it is worthy to note that both Jesus and the apostles ate Kosher. And the apostles ate Kosher even after the Holy Spirit came and thus were in the same age we are now in (i.e. nothing else Messianic has changed in that regard). Consequently, some believers, such as the Messianic Jews eat that way and I do as well.  I'll only eat meats that the bible allows.  As for the other, well, in my day they did that anyway for "medical health" although I must admit that was not a religious ritual.  Anything ritualistic can be safely stopped.  In my understanding, Sabbath days cannot be stopped because they were the response of the people to worship God, but the legalistic rituals associated with them are not done (such as sacrificing animals because Christ was our sacrifice). But it is a gray area for some people.  

• Thumbs Up 1