• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you charismatic?

No. I assemble with other believers at a small baptist church, the only church my wife and I have ever been members of for 40+yrs.
I was trying to make a point in telling you it was the prayer of another for my healing that God honored.

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"

God's promises are true.  Believe..
"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart"

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

31 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, but God allowed you to not smoke any longer so you did quit. God answered your prayer.  Like I said I have put up many prayers about my smoking with no answers. Are you charismatic? I do not smoke very much. 

2004 I  had gotten very sick with bronchitis.  So bad it hurt to breath. I had been a long time smoker at that point.  Avg 2 packs a day. But I hadn't smoked for the 4 days I was seriously ill. Hard to breathe much less smoke. My daughter convinced me to go to the Dr. While there he asked me if I smoked. I said yes and prepared myself for the grilling. I turned my head away from him so I could roll my eyes in privacy.  I was looking at my daughter when he began, "Every cigarette you smoke takes 7 minutes from your life...". Looking at my daughter I  noticed her sad puppy dog eyes. The thought occurred to me,  "What if my daughter needed the last 7 minutes of my life but I couldn't give them to her because I'd rather have a cigarette"? I haven't smoked a single cigarette since. 

It was no easy journey at first. But I knew that one day I was going to say, "No thank you, I don't smoke". I focused on prayer thanking Him for His support in this effort.  During the first month I must have been somewhat edgy.  My daughter said she was going to make me a T-shirt saying, "Forgive me, I'm trying to quit smoking".

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

30 minutes ago, Sower said:

No. I assemble with other believers at a small baptist church, the only church my wife and I have ever been members of for 40+yrs.
I was trying to make a point in telling you it was the prayer of another for my healing that God honored.

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed.
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"

God's promises are true.  Believe..
"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart"

My direct prayers to God has given me healing. Others have prayed for me as well. I am glad you have a Church that you like and have good fellowship. Baptist is a good denomination. 

10 minutes ago, Dan Knight said:

2004 I  had gotten very sick with bronchitis.  So bad it hurt to breath. I had been a long time smoker at that point.  Avg 2 packs a day. But I hadn't smoked for the 4 days I was seriously ill. Hard to breathe much less smoke. My daughter convinced me to go to the Dr. While there he asked me if I smoked. I said yes and prepared myself for the grilling. I turned my head away from him so I could roll my eyes in privacy.  I was looking at my daughter when he began, "Every cigarette you smoke takes 7 minutes from your life...". Looking at my daughter I  noticed her sad puppy dog eyes. The thought occurred to me,  "What if my daughter needed the last 7 minutes of my life but I couldn't give them to her because I'd rather have a cigarette"? I haven't smoked a single cigarette since. 

It was no easy journey at first. But I knew that one day I was going to say, "No thank you, I don't smoke". I focused on prayer thanking Him for His support in this effort.  During the first month I must have been somewhat edgy.  My daughter said she was going to make me a T-shirt saying, "Forgive me, I'm trying to quit smoking".

As long as others who consume alcohol and caffeine do not point their finger at me. Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine are all drugs. They all can do damage. 

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

As long as others who consume alcohol and caffeine do not point their finger at me. Alcohol, caffeine and nicotine are all drugs. They all can do damage. 

Curious,  do you see smoking as a sin? Some folk do others don't. 

Just now, Dan Knight said:

What I see it as I see for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Dan Knight said:

Many things we do as a Christian is a sin. We are not perfect just forgiven. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,015
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

No-one goes to hell for smoking . . . they just smell like they've been there!

• Haha 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I have heard that nicotine is moreaddictive than opiates.

I smoked some when a teen, but when I was saved that ended along with other things. I do not think it was an addiction. The Lord sure cured me of the drug use, though.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Alive said:

I have heard that nicotine is moreaddictive than opiates.

I smoked some when a teen, but when I was saved that ended along with other things. I do not think it was an addiction. The Lord sure cured me of the drug use, though.

He cured me also from smoking heavily for 25 years or so.  I started when I was about 14.  Oddly enough He never really told me to quit, but he did give me a vision one might of where it was leading to if I didn't quit.  That was enough for me.   I went inside and threw them all in the trash, then took the trash out.   I did suffer (as I should have) with the withdrawal symptoms, but I figured that was the price I needed to pay to make it important.

I like to say that it wasn't a problem at all for me when I quit, but it was a real problem for my wife when "I" quit.    Bless her heart she put up with a lot for a couple of weeks. I didn't really want to quit, but I didn't want to go where we were headed according to that vision.  That was one of those serious forks in the road in my life   The chemical addiction lasted about that long but the physical addiction lasted much longer.   Still to this day 35 or so years later, when I pick up the phone I catch myself reaching into my shirt pocket for a smoke.  That is just a learned habit action hard wired into our brains.   It's kind of humorous now but it used to interrupt my thought process. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1