• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

How many police have you talked to? Some do not like them. I was wondering if that is one of the reasons why men and women are not signing up for law enforcement now. We have a shortage of police. 

Im pretty sure that whole defund the police thing iss why there is a shortage. Why put your life on the line when the govt leaders and public vilify you

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,771
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  222
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

19 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Since you live in the U.K., perhaps you would share your thoughts and insight? I’ve watched several programs describing London’s camera network (CCTV). If I understand it correctly, there is nowhere to hide from the cameras, they are everywhere, and there is no public privacy in London.

The programs I watched detailed the use of facial recognition software and tracking people. If this is true, what are your feelings and thoughts about it?

Here in the U.S., private for-profit companies are setting up radar and cameras sending the registered “owners” of the vehicle tickets in the mail, with no opportunity to contest the ticket in court. I understand New York City wants to model London’s system also.

These things suggest an Orwellian society, the Book of Revelation, etc.

Here we have more than police body cams and official ctv cameras ( that have to have a notice telling you that they are recording in the area )  There are door cameras  everywhere  cameras in cars and even on cyclist helmets   without mentioning the cameras on phones . Almost everyday  you get requests from the police for videos from these sources to help them in solving crimes . Facial recognition is a much contested issue at the moment but is rolled out anyway . It is a sad reflection on the fact that crime is rife and the only protection householders have is using cameras to try to catch the criminals in the hope of getting somej justice( and with our courts that in itself is laughable) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

Here we have more than police body cams and official ctv cameras ( that have to have a notice telling you that they are recording in the area )  There are door cameras  everywhere  cameras in cars and even on cyclist helmets   without mentioning the cameras on phones . Almost everyday  you get requests from the police for videos from these sources to help them in solving crimes . Facial recognition is a much contested issue at the moment but is rolled out anyway . It is a sad reflection on the fact that crime is rife and the only protection householders have is using cameras to try to catch the criminals in the hope of getting somej justice( and with our courts that in itself is laughable) 

We have had several instances where the police come by and ask to view my recorded cameras.  There is a city park right across the street from our house.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I actually  saw this with my own 2 eyes. Police chase a man through the city and catch him. Officer tells the man -Relax. When the man stops resisting, the officer choke slams him onto a parked car's windshield cracking it. The car owner comes out and is justifiably annoyed at his car winddshield being damaged. When he protests, the Officer who slammed the man tells him- Come to the station.

A lady standing  angrily nearby tells someone that the officer threw the man on the windshield, cracked it and when  the owner came , he told him- Do something about it!

I replied- He didnt say that. He said- Come to the station. The lady glared at me for a few seconds then repeats her previous statement- He told him- Do something about it!

My point is this- Body cams are good because they hold officers to greater accountability for misusing their power but also helps protect them from blatant liars like that woman.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

13 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Im pretty sure that whole defund the police thing iss why there is a shortage. Why put your life on the line when the govt leaders and public vilify you

Makes sense. One of the reasons. It is risky now being police. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Is not this old? Well I remember https://worthychristianforums-h45go6maxh5rpepgu.netdna-ssl.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png a party in Washington demanded it but when they started to see what Cops really had to face and how most of them were gun happy going after this race or that.. oh then they demand them to be turned off.

Something happened about 2 years ago where Cops had cams on and yet we still don't get to seem them. So who knows. There are countless times that cam helped that cop when it was just there word against the other person. The cop was the voice we use to listen to now the cop tends to be guilt first. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/21/1943

On 7/18/2022 at 4:14 AM, missmuffet said:

Do you think that the police should wear a camera on their uniform? What are the pros and cons? We are voting for this now where I live. 

My view is the cameras are a very good idea. The English police in my area (if you can actually find one) wear them as a mater of policy. Also many cars have fore and aft cameras as a precaution should an accident/incident occur and the cars in my household are no exception. My house has several motion triggered CCTV cameras connected to a central box as is the camera door bell. 
I see nothing wrong with body worn cameras and only benefits 👍