• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Remember always that no person is our enemy,it is the devil that is the enemy( of all humans)even the ones who worship him,he is their enemy & only wants to steal,kill & destroy whether THEY believe it or not!

Good morning, Kwik,

Not to alter this thread, but I think my question and comments are relevant to this and other biblical subjects.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Lucifer rebelled; thus, his name was changed to Satan (Adversary). As with the hierarchy of rank and power of holy heavenly beings who remained loyal to God, there are different classes of fallen spiritual beings in position and power with Satan as the Head. Somehow Satan convinced or deceived one-third of the heavenly host to rebel and follow him, and it appears they are all of one accord.

Lucifer’s downfall was pride: Proverbs 16:18  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. A short definition of pride:

PRIDE, n. [Sax. pryt, pryde; D. prat, proud.]  1. Inordinate self-esteem; an unreasonable conceit of one’s own superiority in talents, beauty, wealth, accomplishments, rank or elevation in office, which manifests itself in lofty airs, distance, reserve, and often in contempt of others.

Webster, Noah. Noah Webster’s First Edition of An American Dictionary of the English Language., Foundation for American Christian Education, 2006.

Here is the question I have: From the beginning, why do Satan and his minions hate us so?

Could it be pride is associated with contempt and jealousy, that humanity was created in the image of God, and they were not? They are not eligible or qualified for forgiveness and Salvation, and Christ died for humanity. The powers of darkness know their fate; is it that misery loves company? Their sole fervent zealous occupation is to oppose God, destroy humanity, deceive, and try to make God a liar. Do they not have anything better to do with their remaining allotted time?

Again, asked another way: Why are Satan and his minion’s wrath directed toward humanity? Why not at each other, the heavenly host, the Cosmos, plant, and animal kingdom.

Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

I suspect the direct opposite holds with Satan and his minions. Nonetheless, they continue to battle with the heirs of Salvation. Without the armor given to us in Ephesians chapter six, we would be downtrodden by the Devil’s methods and trickery.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Dennis  Most likely all the reasons you suggested are why the devil and his minions hate us so...=but I do believe they hate every living thing as well including animals,plants etc ...they are hatred period,come to steal,kill ,&destroy ...I suspect that everything that is not Good is the work of demons they are spirits of death,decay,disease ,disorder,destruction & it is allowed by God ( because of sin- the fall)but I believe the demons do it( like hurricaines,fallen meteors)etc...imo

You also mentioned " misery likes company" regarding their knowing their fate... That is something I really don't believe.    No doubt they know every word written in the Scriptures but I do not think they have any understanding or " belief"per day..   Understanding comes from Holy Spirit Who Reveals God's Word to us..  I think satan really thinks he will rule the universe by conquering God's Army in the end,I understand angels are made a little higher & are much more powerful than we are( without Christ that is) but I think he is as stupid as they come....  demons simply do what works,they've been at it for thousands of years -a little temptation,a little seed of thought, a little bit of truth mixed in with a whole bunch of lies & all that glitters- one trick ponies,nothing genius,nothing new,nothing creative!

It's God's Authority they yeild to but I do think they do not know their fate( imo)

With love,in Christ---- Kwik

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

You also mentioned " misery likes company" regarding their knowing their fate... That is something I really don't believe. 

This (from Matt 8) may relate to that thought:

28And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessedf men met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way. 29And behold, they cried out, “What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?” 

Is it the misery likes company part, of the knowing their fate part, that you really don't believe?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

This (from Matt 8) may relate to that thought:

28And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessedf men met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way. 29And behold, they cried out, “What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?” 

Is it the misery likes company part, of the knowing their fate part, that you really don't believe?

I don't believe they really know their fate.... I'll try to use an unbeliever as an example- they can read a passage & do their best to apply their reasoning to it but the Truth is not Revealed unless Holy Spirit Reveals it to them

So yes,the Scripture verse you referenced is perfect... They know exactly what the Scriptures say& they know that at the " time" Jesus Will Return and He Will Come to torment them...  But do they Understand they will be defeated & be thrown into the Lake of Fire... I just don't think so... . :noidea:

Also Mega.... Let me add something else

The devil had the audacity to try and tempt Jesus( GOD the Son) in the wilderness,I believe he really thinks himself much more than he is- why would he tempt him if He really understood the Word of God( He is not very smart imo)... Jesus is the Word Made flesh,I just cannot believe the devil knows he is doomed....

He was so blinded by his pride that he believed he could be above God & look where that got him,lol. And he was in God's Glorious Presence,probably looked on when God Created everything & man out of nothing..... Seems pretty stupid to me

And of course it's all speculation.... Like I said,I just can't believe demons know their fate.... If I was a demon & knew my fate ( as it is Written) I would surrender & beg forgiveness, they sure don't act scared

Edited by kwikphilly

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,024
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 hours ago, Ray12614 said:

Basic principle here is found in proverbs; Can two walk together unless they agree . . . . 

Amo 3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Amo 3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Yep. Thanks for correcting the reference!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/22/2022 at 11:50 AM, Starise said:

Do you see your fellow man as only a Christian brother, or do you see everyone as a potential Christian brother or sister?

Maybe the secret to having the right attitude towards others is to try and see them through the eyes of Jesus.

Are others annoying you? Do people make you impatient? Do you see people as obstacles instead of as people? Do people make you easily agitated? 

Here is something I at least try to do- Whenever I look at any person I tell myself Jesus loves them. If someone is annoying me, I tell myself Jesus loves them and so should I.

Are we as Christians snubbing people or ignoring people? I will admit sometimes I don't know how to deal with some people and I do ignore them because I can think of no way to gainfully communicate with them. Is that wrong? 

Do you think all people are potential candidates for some kind of a connection, or do you think there are only certain kinds of people we best associate with?

I believe the Lord tells us to love our neighbor, no matter who they are. Not only love our neighbor, but love them as we love ourselves. 

The bible doesn't tell us we need to befriend everyone or hang out with everyone. The bible only tells us to love everyone and treat everyone well. It is probably impossible to have a relationship with some people, yet we still need to approach them with love.

I don't believe Jesus ever looked on a man or woman He created with true disdain. If anything I believe He is sad when He looks at some people who have rejected Him.

Every one of us are 'in the works' as people. Some seem so far out there it seems no one can ever reach them, yet Jesus has repeatedly saved many of those who were thought to be hopeless. 

I believe the body of Christ could reach so many more people if we could simply see them through the eyes of Christ and get rid of our stubbornness and pride.

The beginning of Jesus for some people might be the love of God through you in even the smallest of things.

While it is true we can't get along with everyone, we can love everyone. Love in and of itself is a very disarming thing.

I see only a born again Christian as a brother or sister in Christ. As a genuine Christian we are to be kind to everyone. But taking advise or being a very close friend to a person who is not a genuine Chrisitan is being unevenly yoked. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 7/22/2022 at 1:50 PM, Starise said:

Maybe the secret to having the right attitude towards others is to try and see them through the eyes of Jesus.

default_thumbsup.gif.c75cbd01fee9f03d9bc6891905a43325.gif       God's ways work better than my own understanding.

When I meet a stranger, I cannot see their spiritual condition like Jesus. So I then test the water and assume they should have the chance to hear the good news if they haven't yet. If they are believers they will tell me. If not, I quickly acknowledge the Holy Spirit, and am then blessed and privileged to be  sharing the most important information on earth.

I will usually view any strife that develops between friends or strangers as highly probable instigated by the enemy, or through my flesh. A spiritual warfare. Could be it started in my mind when I forgot to take the thought captive when thinking hurtful thoughts simmering in my mind against a 'perceived' hurt from someone. And the enemy could have planted similar thoughts within my friend, waiting to explode. The battle starts in the mind, and the battle is for the mind. If I could just remember. Take 'every' thought captive.

"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?"   Psalm 13:2

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:  2 Peter 2:9

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation"
Psalm 13:5

On 7/22/2022 at 1:50 PM, Starise said:

Are others annoying you? Do people make you impatient? Do you see people as obstacles instead of as people? Do people make you easily agitated? 

"He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace"   Proverbs 11:12

The scripture above was the second scripture verse in the bible I purposed to memorize. I had always felt I could be justified to harbor a strong anger towards someone who had done something against me. I was driving my VW one night while contemplating the meaning, to come up with a good 'spiritual' reason to harbor hate from an injustice.

As  I was driving I thought what if someone drove me off the road and I wrecked my bug, that would be justified enough to despise him? Why was he driving so dangerously? Was he drunk, now there's a good reason? But why was he drunk? Was he raised by alcoholic parents? Did he just get the news his son died in the war. Was he racing to get to the hospital where his wife was in intensive care?  What if he was just a mean person? What happened to him to be that way? And so many 'what if's' I hadn't even thought of.

I couldn't come up with any justifiable reason for despising my neighbor, much less considering the words of scripture, affirming my lack of wisdom. This has helped me to consider the other person in a different light, that I did not understand what made people do what they do.  Faulty data, choices instilled during those formative years. What tragedies, what dysfunctional upbringing, what nightmares had they suffered that warped their character. Like many of us here, in our own secrete habits.

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

"Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourselfGal 6:1

And it feels better to have peace in our hearts toward our fellow humans.
If I could just remember, I'm a soldier in the war, and will be-better be, till I'm called home.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

22 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi Dennis  Most likely all the reasons you suggested are why the devil and his minions hate us so...=but I do believe they hate every living thing as well including animals,plants etc ...they are hatred period,come to steal,kill ,&destroy ...I suspect that everything that is not Good is the work of demons they are spirits of death,decay,disease ,disorder,destruction & it is allowed by God ( because of sin- the fall)but I believe the demons do it( like hurricaines,fallen meteors)etc...imo

You also mentioned " misery likes company" regarding their knowing their fate... That is something I really don't believe.    No doubt they know every word written in the Scriptures but I do not think they have any understanding or " belief"per day..   Understanding comes from Holy Spirit Who Reveals God's Word to us..  I think satan really thinks he will rule the universe by conquering God's Army in the end,I understand angels are made a little higher & are much more powerful than we are( without Christ that is) but I think he is as stupid as they come....  demons simply do what works,they've been at it for thousands of years -a little temptation,a little seed of thought, a little bit of truth mixed in with a whole bunch of lies & all that glitters- one trick ponies,nothing genius,nothing new,nothing creative!

It's God's Authority they yeild to but I do think they do not know their fate( imo)

With love,in Christ---- Kwik

@Starise, I apologize for deviating from the intent of your thread. But I see the demons associated with the topic, “How Do We See Our Fellow Man.” The following is in response to Kwik on my thoughts about the Adversary and dark side, and I got long winded. 

Demons:

·         They work in numbers - Matt 12:45

·         They work as a team; they know the power of unity - Eph 6:12

·         Demons persecute - Rev 12:13

·         They prevent service - 1 Thess 2:18

·         Demons disturb the church - 2 Cor 2:10-11

·         They cause trouble - Judges 9:23

·         Cause selfishness and division in the church - James 3:13-16

·         Cause mental disorders - Luke 8:27-29

·         Cause irrational behavior - Luke 8:27-29

·         Cause suicidal mania - Mark 9:22

·         Inflict illness - Matt 9:33, Luke 13:11-16

·         Inflict physical harm - Acts 19:

·         Possess animals - Mark 5:13

·         Promote false doctrine - 1 Tim 4:1

·         Spirit behind False Prophets - 1 Kings 22:21-23

·         Influence nations - Isa 14:; Dan 10:13; Eze 28:; Rev 16:13-14 [geopolitical]

·         Possess unbelievers - Matt 9:32; Mark 6:13

Are demons and fallen angels equivalent? I contend they are not. Fallen angels are much more potent than devils called demons, evil spirits, unclean spirits, principalities, and powers. Angels of both branches can transform themselves (angel of light, entertain angels unaware, etc.), but demons cannot. Spiritual evil princes seem to be geographical and territorial (Prince of Greece, Persia, etc.)

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [three distinct rankings].

By omission, it’s interesting I cannot find any instances of demonic possession, devils, evil and unclean spirits before Noah’s flood? That’s another study of Nephilim.

The Greek word demon is also translated as “intelligence.”

Matthew 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

Demons seek a body to occupy, to fulfill their hunger, thirst, and flesh desires as if they once had bodies.

Jude 13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

The Lord would not show his hand to the Adversary and his minions until the appointed time. Thus, the Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed.

To summarize all the preceding, I assert that these evil elohim (which simply means spirits) know they are doomed. I think they are doing their best to extend and delay the execution of their judgment day and punishment. Trying to delay and hinder the time of the fullness of the gentiles

Mark 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

I agree with the outrageous arrogance; how can the created imagine they are equal to the creator?

Satan is full of pride. At the second coming of Christ, what other option is available to Satan and his minions? His pride and ego will not allow him to admit defeat and surrender, and he will not let go without a fight.

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like [as or equal] the most High. [emphasis mine].

Yes, all blessings and everything good flow from God. At present, those blessings fall on the just and unjust alike.

Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

You bring up another interesting observation, only allowed with the Lord’s permission. Adam lost his dominion and kingship over the earth at the fall, and Satan inherited it. Satan is temporarily the god of this planet. The question is always asked, “why do bad things happen to righteous people?” Churches are Christian homes being swept away during Sunday service by tornadoes, mass shootings and murders in churches, etc.

Short of documenting it all, I believe the Bible tells us that “chance” plays a part in many events. As being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  

As in the book of Job, it appears with the Lord’s permission, Satan can cause and direct tornadoes and send severe weather. Induce wars, conflicts, and murders of innocent people.

As always, my thoughts and interpretations are fallible. It is beneficial to compare and discuss our biblical hermeneutics, iron sharpens iron. I believe the vague topics in the Bible are no doubt intentional.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1