IGNORED

Why did Jesus say "I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God."?

Jesussaves1111

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

And why did he drink the sour wine vinegar before his death on the cross? This part of the gospels has been confusing me lately and I have been struggling to understand what he meant

Matthew 26:29-  29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mark 14:25-  25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luke 22:18-  18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

15 hours ago, Jesussaves1111 said:

And why did he drink the sour wine vinegar before his death on the cross? This part of the gospels has been confusing me lately and I have been struggling to understand what he meant

Matthew 26:29-  29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Mark 14:25-  25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Luke 22:18-  18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

"until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom." you might look at "new" and what the Lord had to say about new wine v old wine. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

On 7/30/2022 at 1:25 AM, Jesussaves1111 said:

God is very familiar with out weakness. So He creates "backups". The most classic case is when God wanted Israel's first born to be the priests who served Him in the Tabernacle/Temple (Nu.3:12-13). The firstborn were God choice because they get a double portion and they inherit. That is why God attacked the firstborn of Egypt. He cut off the inheritors of the pagan nation. But Israel's firstborn went a whoring, and so God called for a "backup" and the Levites stepped forward. But God knew that the Levites would fail, so He introduced the Judges. the Judges quickly failed too. And so God raised up the last "backup" - the Nazerite.

The Nazerite was an individual who would (i) be fully given to God, (ii) would shun the pleasures of life because God was not getting His portion, (iii) would grow long hair to show the shame of Israel. So the Nazerite was dedicated to God, he did not drink wine "which cheereth God and man" and he did not cut his hair. When all Israel failed, our Lord Jesus takes the place of the Nazerite. So He would not drink the fruit of the vine until Israel will be turned and restored.

According to Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28, if Israel broke the Covenant of Law, they would be defeated and deported to the nations they copied. 40 in the Bible is the time of testing and exactly 40 years after their rejection of Messiah and their calling for Caesar as their king, Caesar destroyed their City and their Temple. And since the Law is intimately bound with the Temple, the Law of Moses was shattered and could not be kept. And if you break one Law you are guilty of all. The Passover was INVALID for two reasons;

1. The Jews rejected the True Passover - Christ
  2. The Jews did not have a Temple for the Feasts

The Passover was over until Israel reversed these two things.

Our Lord's vow was to not "drink" of the fruit of the vine. On the cross the Romans gave Him a common pain killer which had vinegar in it. When He had tasted it, He refused it. there were two reasons:

1. He had taken the Nazerite vow and once He recognized the mixture He refused it because of the vinegar
  2. Our Lord was on the cross for the sins of men. He was faithful to the end. He wanted no lowering of the pain He had to go through

The issue of the Passover starting again has confused many good scholars. The reason that Israel had animal sacrifices was for three reasons

1. They needed a substitute. If they had to pay for their sins themselves the Nation would have not lasted a week
  2. They needed their sins "covered" until a worthy Substitute could REMOVE them judicially
  3. They needed to be ritually clean to serve God Who dwelt in their midst. The blood of animal sacrifices cleans the FLESH (Heb.9:13)

Now, there are three peoples on earth; (i) Christians - born of the Holy Spirit, (ii) Israelites - born of Jacob, and (iii) THE Nations - born of Adam. God gave Israel the sacrifices because He dwelt among them and they had to be ritually clean. The Nations have no means to be clean. The Christian, who believes in Jesus, is cleansed by the blood of Jesus. After Armageddon when Christ has set up His Kingdom on earth, God has decreed that all men of the Nations must go up to Jerusalem once a year at the Feast of Tabernacles and worship Jesus (Zech.14:16). So, in Jerusalem, where Jesus will live, you have Israelites who did not believe in Jesus, you have Christians who did believe in Jesus, and you have the Nations who did not believe in Jesus. But all have to have audience with Jesus. The Israelite and the Nations did not believe so they are not cleansed by the blood of Jesus. How will they be cleansed? By the age old way given to Abel - animal sacrifices.

Remember, Israel and the THE Nations can have their sins forgiven by God because Christ died for the sin and sins "of the whole world". But ONLY Christians - those who BELIEVED in Jesus before He returned - are cleansed. The animal sacrifices are NOT for sins after Christ returns. Don't forget I said that. They re for ritual cleansing of the unclean - Israel and the Nations. Added to this, the Church REMEMBERED Christ's death while Israel had not Temple. When He returns in glory, He is PRESENT in Jerusalem and so no REMEMBRANCE is needed. So the Lord's table is abolished "When He comes". But Israel, who did not FULFILL the Law, still have to do this. So, for 1,000 years of Messianic age, Israel must FULFILL the Law. So doubly, animal sacrifices are killed. But I say again, it is NOT for sins. It is for cleansing of the flesh of those who have to meet and worship Christ, but who are unclean.

Hope this helps.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

@AdHoc

As you have noticed, I have more questions than Carter had liver pills. They invented aspirin to alleviate pain in the neck, such as yours truly. ;)

I am speaking of the nations required to make an annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem. I've questioned the travel mode of how the countries will travel to Jerusalem from this side of America's hemisphere.

Today in the best of times, we see holes in our dependable, fast travel modes, which are fragile. Everything is fossil fuel dependent; ships & planes require service-operation and maintenance by trained professionals, resources, and so forth. It takes many people, abundant resources, and personnel to keep just one airliner in the air or one ship afloat and operational.

Traveling the old fashion way before technology by sailboat would take the whole year crossing the ocean round trip.

The Tribulation will wipe out three-quarters of the earth's population and all advanced technology (nuclear power plants, satellite communications, transportation, fuel production & reserves, etc.).

The only thing I've found that might answer that question is:

Revelation 8:7 (KJV) The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

This devastation above sounds like a geographically localized extinction event. This could be supernatural, nuclear, an asteroid, volcanic eruptions, massive solar flare, or CME. It does not say where this landmass is located, but it cannot be in the middle-east, as events continue uninterrupted.

It so happens that this hemisphere is about 1/3 of the global landmass. The number one question American Christians ask is, where is the most powerful nation on earth in biblical prophecy?

Your thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,035

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

@AdHoc

As you have noticed, I have more questions than Carter had liver pills. They invented aspirin to alleviate pain in the neck, such as yours truly. ;)

I am speaking of the nations required to make an annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem. I've questioned the travel mode of how the countries will travel to Jerusalem from this side of America's hemisphere.

Today in the best of times, we see holes in our dependable, fast travel modes, which are fragile. Everything is fossil fuel dependent; ships & planes require service-operation and maintenance by trained professionals, resources, and so forth. It takes many people, abundant resources, and personnel to keep just one airliner in the air or one ship afloat and operational.

Traveling the old fashion way before technology by sailboat would take the whole year crossing the ocean round trip.

The Tribulation will wipe out three-quarters of the earth's population and all advanced technology (nuclear power plants, satellite communications, transportation, fuel production & reserves, etc.).

Revelation 8:7 (KJV) The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

This devastation above sounds like a geographically localized extinction event. This could be supernatural, nuclear, an asteroid, volcanic eruptions, massive solar flare, or CME. It does not say where this landmass is located, but it cannot be in the middle-east, as events continue uninterrupted.

It so happens that this hemisphere is about 1/3 of the global landmass. The number one question American Christians ask is, where is the most powerful nation on earth in biblical prophecy?

Your thoughts?

I am not sure how such a multitude make an annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem and where they will stay. I am bound by the same logistics as you. But I have an opinion, and I hope you will accept that. The verse, read precisely, says;

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles

Now if you go back to verse 12 you can read of their fate on the battlefield, it is my opinion (without proof) that these survivors will be few. But then there is a problem. Verse 17 includes all the families of earth. And Isaiah 2:2 says nations will flow into Jerusalem. All I can do is suppose that a huge effort will go into the logistics because after 2,000 years of insults and jokes, the Father is going to enforce a great and steady stream of worship for our Lord Jesus.

It is true that military power is needed to conquer. But if you read Daniel and Revelation you will notice that God does not count military might. He puts power in religion. The effigy of Daniel 2 is four world powers, but they are One Man. Why? because they all had the same religion - that of Nimrod. When one is dashed to powder the whole image collapses. What does this show? It shows that the whole man will be defeated when its ancient religion goes. So also in Revelation 17. The Woman is obviously Rome, and Rome was the only world power to kill Christ's martyrs (v.6). But her name is set by her religion - Babylon. USA is a grand country with a remarkable military. But it has never conquered a land and occupied it like Rome, the Ottomans and Great Britain. And they do not appear in Biblical prophecy.

The mechanism of the Great Tribulation might be caused by men unleashing military might. But Romans 1 says that the wrath is God's and unleashed from heaven. As frightening as nuclear holocaust may be, just wait until God starts to smash things. (Matt.10:28)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The Passover Seder was the prophetic imagery of the redemption of mankind.

The third cup (the cup of redemption) is that which we commemorate in the Last Supper / Communion.

The blood of Jesus Christ symbolically. The cups of Passover Seder:

• Sanctification
  • Deliverance
  • Redemption
  • Restoration

When Jesus returns he will restore all things and will restore the Jewish people to God.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 8/3/2022 at 12:13 AM, Dennis1209 said:

@AdHoc

Your thoughts?

Hi Dennis,

Just popping in here, if that`s ok. Now God shows the world powers or great powers at their beginning. Thus America is seen from whence it came - The British Empire. Think of their emblems that are recognizable today - Lion, Eagle, and you will come close to finding out where God has shown them.

BTW it is only man`s wrong interpretation that has blinded some people`s eyes to this truth.

And lots of modes of transport after the great earthquake and the trib, in Isa. 66: 20.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 7/30/2022 at 8:55 AM, Jesussaves1111 said:

Hi Jesussaves,

Jesus was talking to His disciples at the Passover. That meal has 4 cups of wine, and the last one`s fulfillment will be when the Lord drinks that with the people of Israel after He has delivered them from their enemies at Armageddon. 

Now we tend to think of land when we read `kingdom` however is really refers to rulership. When Christ will set up His rulership through Israel just before the millennium it will be a great time of rejoicing. The Feast that is fulfilled is Purim, the 15th of Adar.  

Marilyn.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Days Won:  30

Mar 14:23  Then He took the cup, and when He had given thanks He gave it to them, and they all drank from it.

Mar 14:24  And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Mar 14:25  Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

Jesus was celebrating the Passover seder when He drank the cup with His disciples.  He is promising that He will come again to celebrate the Passover with them.  It wasn't so mush about what He was drinking as it was what they were celebrating--the Passover feast remembering when the death angel passed over the homes of the Jews with the Blood of the Lamb on their door posts so that their sons were not killed in Egypt.  This ritual feast requires many types of food  with readings and songs, and a serving of wine with each course.  

I have celebrated this only twice, many years ago, but it was a huge blessing--sort of like visiting the Holy Land and walking where Jesus walked.                                                                                      Historically the wine was very dilute with only enough alcohol to keep one from getting sick from bad water.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Dennis,

Just popping in here, if that`s ok. Now God shows the world powers or great powers at their beginning. Thus America is seen from whence it came - The British Empire. Think of their emblems that are recognizable today - Lion, Eagle, and you will come close to finding out where God has shown them.

BTW it is only man`s wrong interpretation that has blinded some people`s eyes to this truth.

And lots of modes of transport after the great earthquake and the trib, in Isa. 66: 20.

regards, Marilyn. 

Good morning; it’s been a while since we chatted.

Britain’s emblem is the lion. I guess I was beating around the bush with what I was thinking. If the biblical Tarshish is Britain, which is my guess, I will suspect the “young lions thereof” would have to be America, Canada, and Australia.

Thereby at this point are incapable or disinterested in aiding Israel during the Gog-Magog invasion, questioning spectators, along with Saudi Arabia. This attitude and mindset seem to be forming in this Biden administration, which is still trying to divide the land for a two-state solution, which is a big No, No.

Using the modes of transportation listed in Isiah 66:20, how would the U.S.A. cross the Atlantic Ocean for the annual pilgrimage to worship the Lord in Jerusalem? Unless they are symbolic of modern travel in this age, that leads back to global infrastructure, human resources, and resources being decimated during the Tribulation.

As I intimated, 1/3 of the globe's trees and green grass will be burnt up, but where? It takes fervent heat to burn green vegetation, which sounds like a geographically localized extinction event. The center of the Antichrist’s activity (Israel and the middle east) does not appear to suffer from this event.