• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Do we have all of the scriptures ever recorded in the earth for man to know God and His ways? And are the scriptures we have the only ones inspired by God?

There are clearly missing parts of our biblical record. Is it in order to keep man in darkness as to the reality of the completeness of salvation provided for man through Christ Jesus? And what better way to cause man to believe a lie than to put some partial spiritual truth in it and get man to use carnal reasoning of it without all of the facts.

2 Corinthians 11:[3] But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The devil literally has nothing new to work with because he can't create anything new. He uses the same tactics as he did in the original sin in Eden.

Genesis 3:[1] Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Consider verses 1 to 3 of the first book of Moses which has been deemed inspired scripture.

Genesis 1:[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

What is missing in these first few verses? Between verses 1 and 2 we already have conflicting information based on the rest of scripture that we have about the character of the Creator as seen in Christ Jesus (the express image of His person).

without form (תֹּהוּ tôhûw, to'-hoo; from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain:—confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness)
God would never create something without form or in vain.

and void (בֹּהוּ bôhûw, bo'-hoo; from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:—emptiness, void) 
God has no emptiness, ruin, nor void in Him.

and darkness (חֹשֶׁךְ chôshek, kho-shek'; from H2821; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively, misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness:—dark(-ness), night, obscurity). 
God is light and has no darkness in Him.

Then in verse 28 there seems to be more missing information.

Genesis 1:[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

subdue (כָּבַשׁ kâbash, kaw-bash'; a primitive root; to tread down; hence, negatively, to disregard; positively, to conquer, subjugate, violate:—bring into bondage, force, keep under, subdue, bring into subjection)
God had put everything on the earth under man's authority, but we don't see any mention by God to Adam that there was a devil in the earth already although it is implied when He tells Adam to subdue it.

If we thoroughly examine that which we have of God's Word, it is apparent that we have an incomplete record. And this, in itself, does not correspond with the character of our Heavenly Father. Does it?

Seek and you shall find. Shalom

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Both old and New Testaments primarily reveal God to us--His nature and how He deals with people;  His love, trustworthiness, righteousness, holiness, omniscience, omnipresence, His discipline, guidance, provision etc. 

Over the years I have stopped doubting and critiquing God's word and have realized that it is totally trustworthy because God stands behind it.  As I apply its precepts to my life I grow in faith and in my relationship with God becomes firm.  No more doubting and questioning.  Just peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  670
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

It is never wrong to ask questions about the Bible when we don't understand various topics, however . . . I would first question my incomplete understanding of the Genesis account of creation, and set aside my assumptions based on several scriptures before I question the completeness of the account. Understanding scripture should take the form of 'line upon line, and precept upon precept' considering the complete counsel of the bible, and asking the Holy Spirit (who was there during creation) for illumination and understanding.

Just saying . . . of course this is just my opinion . . . 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,306
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 7/31/2022 at 10:58 PM, branchesofHim said:

it is apparent that we have an incomplete record. And this, in itself, does not correspond with the character of our Heavenly Father

That alone shows that the fault is in your understanding anf not in scripture.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/31/2022 at 4:58 PM, branchesofHim said:

Do we have all of the scriptures ever recorded in the earth for man to know God and His ways? And are the scriptures we have the only ones inspired by God?

There are clearly missing parts of our biblical record. Is it in order to keep man in darkness as to the reality of the completeness of salvation provided for man through Christ Jesus? And what better way to cause man to believe a lie than to put some partial spiritual truth in it and get man to use carnal reasoning of it without all of the facts.

My belief.
You me and every one else has more scripture than we will ever use, to walk the walk.
Now, if you can find the scriptures that show us HOW, in Christ, to abide and walk in the spirit, I'm interested.
If they never find the lost ark it won't hinder my walk.
Nor will dissecting Geneses and supposedly missing scripture.
I have to be a good/better steward of what I have before God will give me more.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,159
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 7/31/2022 at 3:58 PM, branchesofHim said:

There are clearly missing parts of our biblical record. Is it in order to keep man in darkness as to the reality of the completeness of salvation provided for man through Christ Jesus?

Paragraph one: No, there have been other scriptures.

Paragraph two: Yes, there are missing parts of our biblical record, some of them still extant. Nevertheless the Bible contains everything at all needed in order to bring people to salvation.

For people who seek greater depth of knowledge and understanding, it is available. But not everyone has the capacity and/or the need for such things.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

On 7/31/2022 at 10:58 PM, branchesofHim said:

2 Corinthians 11:[3] But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The devil literally has nothing new to work with because he can't create anything new. He uses the same tactics as he did in the original sin in Eden.

Genesis 3:[1] Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Consider verses 1 to 3 of the first book of Moses which has been deemed inspired scripture.

Genesis 1:[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

What is missing in these first few verses? Between verses 1 and 2 we already have conflicting information based on the rest of scripture that we have about the character of the Creator as seen in Christ Jesus (the express image of His person).

without form (תֹּהוּ tôhûw, to'-hoo; from an unused root meaning to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), i.e. desert; figuratively, a worthless thing; adverbially, in vain:—confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness)
God would never create something without form or in vain.

and void (בֹּהוּ bôhûw, bo'-hoo; from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:—emptiness, void) 
God has no emptiness, ruin, nor void in Him.

and darkness (חֹשֶׁךְ chôshek, kho-shek'; from H2821; the dark; hence (literally) darkness; figuratively, misery, destruction, death, ignorance, sorrow, wickedness:—dark(-ness), night, obscurity). 
God is light and has no darkness in Him.

Then in verse 28 there seems to be more missing information.

Genesis 1:[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

subdue (כָּבַשׁ kâbash, kaw-bash'; a primitive root; to tread down; hence, negatively, to disregard; positively, to conquer, subjugate, violate:—bring into bondage, force, keep under, subdue, bring into subjection)
God had put everything on the earth under man's authority, but we don't see any mention by God to Adam that there was a devil in the earth already although it is implied when He tells Adam to subdue it.

If we thoroughly examine that which we have of God's Word, it is apparent that we have an incomplete record. And this, in itself, does not correspond with the character of our Heavenly Father. Does it?

Seek and you shall find. Shalom

I think we ara missing something here.

ok,the first heaven and earth.

In the beginning God created the heavens  and he earth. gen 1v1.

lucifer rebells in heavon and gets cast out. iasiah  

the earth became void and without form. gen1v2. the word for" was" should be translated as became.

God creates the secound heavens and earth the one we are in know. gen1v2 
hence to "replenish" the earth in gen

now awaiting a third.

thats my understandig.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

5 hours ago, Sower said:

Now, if you can find the scriptures that show us HOW, in Christ, to abide and walk in the spirit, I'm interested.

1.  Ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit on a regular basis.  We see the apostles were filled many times in the book of Acts.  The command to be filled is in a progressive tense that means keep on being filled.

Luk 11:11  If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?  Luk 11:12  Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?  Luk 11:13  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

2.  Each day ask God to lead you to opportunities to share or demonstrate His love or encouragement to others.  

3.  When reading the Scriptures list the ways God demonstrated His patience, His love, His kindness, His provision, His forbearance, gentleness, power and authority, etc.  God is also holy and righteous. We can more easily identify His voice when we are acquainted with His character (which is expressed in His still, small voice).

Eph 5:1 AMP.  THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].  Eph 5:2  And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a  slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance. [Eze 20:41]

Eph 5:18.  And stop getting drunk with wine in which is reckless behavior, but continue being filled with the Spirit.   (Analytical-Literal Translation of the New Testament 3rd edition by Gary Zeolla)

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 7/31/2022 at 5:58 PM, branchesofHim said:

There are clearly missing parts of our biblical record.

This is basically the GAP theory and this theory is rather incomplete. First the Bible is literal, then the Bible is symbolic. 

"I looked at the earth, and it was formless and empty; and at the heavens, and their light was gone." Jeremiah 4:23