I just felt like posting here

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I started smoking cigarettes again I'm very disappointed In my self. i really just want to talk to good people like most of you are. I was listening to lion king music, and it really made me feel God. I know I'm just talking random, again I just want to talk.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

What makes this even harder is when we find out...He our savoir in those moments we fall does not will not condemn us in anyway. That hurts for we know we must be punished. He took that and He always took guilt to the cross. So we take our eyes off our faults and sin as the song just said "the battle belongs to the lord". You focus on what He did for you.. you get your eyes off your sin or thats all we will see (haha talking to my self here). Do you want it to go that desire? Say that to Him.. yeah that's it and in Jesus name it will that desire willĀ  just vanish. Praise GOD!Ā 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

14 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I started smoking cigarettes again I'm very disappointed In my self. i really just want to talk to good people like most of you are. I was listening to lion king music, and it really made me feel God. I know I'm just talking random, again I just want to talk.

If you don't intend to smoke cigerarettes, get rid of them, put them beyond your reach, that is burn them and don't buy any more.

Ā 

Find something to do when the urge to smoke strikes.Ā 

Ā 

Have you joined a local christian church yet?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

17 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Smoking is a very difficult addiction to stop.It is not a habit.Ā  But if you can't stop smoking then try to cut back the amount of cigarettes you smoke. Put yourself on a schedule.Ā  Go to a light low tar and nictotine cigarette. Go to the shorter cigarettes which are the kings. Try again another time to quit.Ā 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I stopped a bit more than 35 years ago.Ā  Ā Struggled with it for a long time.Ā  Then one cold winter night while I was outside in the cold for a smoke (didn't smoke in the house)Ā  the Lord sent me a vision.Ā  Was too personal to share with others, but basically, he showed me the future with cigarettes and where I was headed.Ā  Ā Oddly he really never told me to quit, just the consequences of not.Ā  I decided on the spot that the vision was from the Lord for it wasn't something I really wanted.Ā  (I did not want to quit).

Well long story I didn't like where it was leading so that night I tossed the pack in the trash and that was that.Ā  Ā I did give my wife fits for a while due to the withdrawal thing.Ā  Ā No he didn't make it easy, just showed me the future if I didn't so something.

20 years later I watched a cousin go through exactly what that vision showed, and it was truly awful.

So, maybe the Lord could show you where it's leading and give you a bit of a push not to want to go there.

Ā 

Ā 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I was listening to lion king music

My granddaughter was Rafiki inĀ  an art school lion king theater production.Ā  Ā  She can sing the opening song as well as it is done in the movie.

Ā 

6 hours ago, Who me said:

If you don't intend to smoke cigerarettes, get rid of them, put them beyond your reach, that is burn them and don't buy any more.

Ā 

Find something to do when the urge to smoke strikes.Ā 

Ā 

Have you joined a local christian church yet?

Easier said than done. It is like telling the person who drinks several cups of coffee a day "Just wake up and don't have another cup of coffee ever". Or the alcoholic to never have another drink again. People need to look the situation and what that person is dealing with instead of giving advise if they have not had to go through that particular situation.Ā 

20 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Lion King was a great Disney movie. One of my daughter's favorite.Ā 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 8/2/2022 at 8:17 PM, missmuffet said:

Easier said than done. It is like telling the person who drinks several cups of coffee a day "Just wake up and don't have another cup of coffee ever". Or the alcoholic to never have another drink again. People need to look the situation and what that person is dealing with instead of giving advise if they have not had to go through that particular situation.Ā 

Ā 

They also need to decide to stop and a large part of that is putting temptation out of reach and when temptation strikes to do something that distracts from the temptation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Mine too. Ive watched it over and over and overĀ