• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,260
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

what do you consider a man to be? is he strong? tough?  doesnt show his feelings? is he a leader? what if you dont fit those catagories are you not considered a real man? this use to bother me a lot growing up and into adualthood cause i dont fit those ideals. i got skinny arms, im strong but not as strong as a "normal" man, i found that hiding ones "weak" emotions can lead to a being an emotinal wreck over time. growing up my idea of a man were what i saw on tv and in movies and i felt i wasnt a real man cause i didnt measure up to what holloywood was saying what a man was. i was ashamed to be myself and i was always trying to prove myself to be a real man in the eyes of others, especailly women. and it wasnt until i learned to accept myself as i am that i found peace

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

what do you consider a man to be? is he strong? tough?  doesnt show his feelings? is he a leader? what if you dont fit those catagories are you not considered a real man? this use to bother me a lot growing up and into adualthood cause i dont fit those ideals. i got skinny arms, im strong but not as strong as a "normal" man, i found that hiding ones "weak" emotions can lead to a being an emotinal wreck over time. growing up my idea of a man were what i saw on tv and in movies and i felt i wasnt a real man cause i didnt measure up to what holloywood was saying what a man was. i was ashamed to be myself and i was always trying to prove myself to be a real man in the eyes of others, especailly women. and it wasnt until i learned to accept myself as i am that i found peace

Hello, I am glad you found peace, but if I understand the scriptures correctly, a man in God’s economy is one that was made in His image and likeness, how man judges, is immaterial… 

Be blessed in being His image and likeness…. 

A fellow man, being His image and likeness, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

A man is honest, especially with himself. Do not let the world tell you who you are. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Christian Men

1. Are protectors

2. Are gentlemen

3. Use their time wisely

4. Are growing in Christ

5. Have character

6. Have integrity

7. Have morals

8 Have values.

9. Know how to say "I am sorry".

10. Accept responsibility

11. Are humble

12. Treat women with respect

12. Love God

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Interesting question, asked by many people. I joined a Facebook group entitled "the league of savage gentlemen" awhile back, which was in essence about that very question.

Their premise was that there was two extremes a man could be....a weak effiminate type, who while nice to everyone didn't stand for anything, or a brutal savage who was rude, extremely violent and walked all over.

They went on to suggest that a real man sought balance. To be that "savage gentleman" that we need to know how to be a gentleman, in treating others properly and with respect while always improving ourselves, but also acknowledging that sometimes savagery is needed, learning how to stand up and fight for what we believe in, which is where the savage part comes in.

The group was all about finding that balance between the two, to knowing when to be a gentleman and when it's ok to get up in someone's face.

I liked the concept, and find it to be accurate. A man needs to be a leader, strong, willing to stand up and fight for what he believes in and his family, but he also needs to know how to show compassion and respect and how to treat others properly.

There are many examples of savage gentlemen in the Bible up to and including Jesus. I actually started a blog about them awhile back studying a few of them, I probably should continue it one of these days. Not sure when I'm going to get the time however.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

I think C.S. Lewis indirectly makes some good statements on this topic in the Narnia books.  Paraphrasing from memory here.  Lucy is concerned about meeting Aslan because he was a lion.  She was worried about how dangerous he was and if he was a tame lion.  The answer she got was that he wasn't tame and that he wasn't safe, but that he was good.

I think that's something modern society has lost about men.  Instead of good men, we want weak men incapable of causing harm.  The solution to male misconduct is thought to be taking away strength and power.  But, strength and power are just tools that can be used or misused.   The real problem is that we have too few good men teaching other men how to be good, but rather more and more women teaching men how to be safe because they are scared of a few bad men.  We need more good men capable of preventing harm.

Good men will build houses and cities and make them safe for their families.  Bad men tear them down. Weak men sit back and watch good men and bad men do things because they are not capable of engaging with either.

I know, not enough spirituality and proper Christian doctrine in this post.  But over my lifetime, I've slowly watched the church turn being a man into following rules of behavior (to reign them in) rather than maturing with fruit of the Spirit tempering and focusing strength and power to unleash them to be a force for good in this world.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

I am what God says i am, and have which God says i have .as to the rest in the words of a prophet "vanity,all is vanity.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Men need to be man and women to be women.

Unfortunately, there is pressure from the media to deform the identity of people through the propagation of the feminist moviment (who hate the women, making them to feel offended and ashamed to be women) and the homossualism.

Of course, there are difference between "man and woman", "rich and poor", "white, black, indian and asian", "child, young and elder" and so on. There are difference between them and praise be the Lord Jesus for this! The important is that each one find their place in the heaven and allow Jesus to shine His light through them.

With so much discombobulation, many people don't know more who they are and for what they were created.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

14 hours ago, grahampaul said:

I am what God says i am, and have which God says i have .as to the rest in the words of a prophet "vanity,all is vanity.

Well said. We are in the hand of the Lord, who created us; He alone determines who we are and what we possess. It's quite simple. :)

• Thumbs Up 1