• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

10 hours ago, Starise said:

Often they call people said to have these abilities sensitives.

I am not sure what you are talking about, but most likely they have areas of their brain that are unconscious to most people.  My son is a Computer Engineer, and he has taken a lot of math. We talk about things like playing baseball, where you catch the ball or hit it with a bat. The math for this is very complicated. But most people do this on an unconscious level and are not even aware of it.

In acquired savant syndrome astonishing new abilities, typically in music, art or mathematics, appear unexpectedly in ordinary persons after a head injury, stroke or other central nervous system (CNS) incident where no such abilities or interests were present pre-incident.

People like Tesla and Elon musk are said to have Asperger Syndrome. Some people speculate that Einstein and Edison had something similar. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

8 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

I am not sure what you are talking about, but most likely they have areas of their brain that are unconscious to most people.  My son is a Computer Engineer, and he has taken a lot of math. We talk about things like playing baseball, where you catch the ball or hit it with a bat. The math for this is very complicated. But most people do this on an unconscious level and are not even aware of it.

In acquired savant syndrome astonishing new abilities, typically in music, art or mathematics, appear unexpectedly in ordinary persons after a head injury, stroke or other central nervous system (CNS) incident where no such abilities or interests were present pre-incident.

People like Tesla and Elon musk are said to have Asperger Syndrome. Some people speculate that Einstein and Edison had something similar. 

Not sure if you've ever watched one of those shows where they are supposedly looking for spirit activity in a haunted house or a place noted to have spirit 'activity'. I hate to admit I have watched a few of those shows and for awhile they had me hooked. I still to this day investigate the strange and unusual. The difference now is I realize most of it is smoke and mirrors, though not all of it is.

Anyways, I bring it up because on these shows they often bring in a mystic, a sensitive, a clairvoyant , a fortune teller, a white witch, call them what you will. I see them mostly all the same because they are all tapping into the evil spiritual world. Whether they really are on these shows is anyone's guess because I suspect lots of clear mono filament line is used to pull chairs around and make doors move. They use ghost boxes and spirit yack boxes and all sorts of things to try and pick up some video or audio they can use as "evidence" uncle Harry is still stuck in his house when he died in 1942. You get the jist I'm sure.

On the apostate end of things, we have ( often catholic) supernatural goings on, like crying Mary statues and pictures that bleed or tear up. Or the statue of Jesus that supposedly really bleeds. Should any of this surprise us when the bible clearly tells us the anti christ will come with signs and lying wonders? The other side has a bag of tricks. Supernatural tricks. Tricks that will fool those who are blinded to the truth. They don't fool me because I know Satan can do these things.

I don't see myself as especially gifted at anything, just different since I am HSP ( Highly Sensitive Person ) and INFJ personality type. Said to be one of the most sensitive personality types on the planet along with INTJs. There are different degrees of everything and I don't know to what degree I am. I think we are all 'different' in some way. God has given each of us a set of tools. I seem to pick up on things about people I can't quite explain sometimes. I'm not as good at it on a forum because people can misrepresent themselves and I can't see their body language or catch their vibe as well.

So I fully grok what you are saying about how some people are different.  I think we need to be clear here that these kinds of differences in people and a person who can see into the future or a sensitive who has spiritual helpers or someone delving into the spiritual world like a shaman are two VERY different things. 

When the government ran a program for a thing called "remote viewing" both the US and the old Soviet Union were involved in it hoping to use it to remotely spy on the other side. The technique was not foolproof, but apparently there was enough success for them to keep it going for awhile and recruit a team to attempt it. There were some very out there stories of remote viewers who looked at Mars and the dark side of the moon.  I am highly skeptical because to me it sounds too much like the same way witches and warlocks move around outside of their bodies. I think it's a spiritual thing, not a scientific thing. Some of our governments are tapping into the occult under the guise of science.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

On 9/7/2022 at 2:10 PM, Dave-regenerated said:

There is even fraudulent errors.

Well if someone on purpose fakes a psychic thing or a healing, it isn't really error, I would say. If I am fooled by it, though, I have made an error.

One thing that can be wrong with psychic stuff is if you are trying to use it mainly for yourself . . . for how you want to have a selfish life. I mean if the attention is most of all to you and your life.

This would leave God out. You would be depending on humans or spiritual ways which are not of God; and you could be seeking experiences, at times, versus all the time submitting to God and sharing with Him.

God through His Son Jesus wants to share personally with each of His children, and personally guide each of us. So, this means all the time and for everything. But there are psychics who deal with isolated things of someone's life. And you have to pay them for that.

But God wants us to stay with Him, all the time. And He guides us along with how He has all His good going on for all people. So, He has us doing what is for His all-loving good.

But yes there are ones who say they are Christians, but they are not seeking God to guide them for His all-loving results. They can tend to seek Him in prayer only for certain things, while they try to guide their own selves. And they might use certain people to help them with certain isolated items.

So, yes I understand there can be supernatural ones invisible who can give people paranormal experiences, but it can be selfish and/or without sharing with God through Jesus.

And so, yes those isolating spirits are demonic.

But Satan's kingdom can be affecting people, all the time . . . not only with obviously supernatural experiences.

Right inside a worldly person, there can be "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience." (in Ephesians 2:2) 

Edited by com7fy8

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

25 minutes ago, com7fy8 said:

One thing that can be wrong with psychic stuff is if you are trying to use it mainly for yourself . . . for how you want to have a selfish life. I mean if the attention is most of all to you and your life.

This would leave God out. You would be depending on humans or not God, to get your psychic experiences.

This gave me chills. No one, no Christian, should deliberately seek out psychic experiences. A Christian should seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and welcome the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but psychic experiences imply something different and not something we should seek. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

On 9/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, Dave-regenerated said:

A lot of people experience psychic events in their lives that don't seem to have any reference to the Bible.  If anything unusual happens to them they learn to keep it to themselves because the "world" calls it crazy and the "Christian" does too.  This would be a separate event to being born again.  And in that wonder world of unusual events, there is some truth and plenty of error.  There is even fraudulent errors.

Are you going to forever ignore strange events by pretending you know they are demonic instead of human?  Why not deal with NORMAL life events without the filter of theological systems of demons that are everywhere?

I agree with you completely. It's funny how much credit we give to Satan and his demons. Yes, they are definitely at work in the world, but the vast majority of bad things that happen are caused by people and their sinful desires. We have a habit of making Satan the scapegoat for our own decisions and choices. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

1 hour ago, com7fy8 said:

Well if someone on purpose fakes a psychic thing or a healing, it isn't really error, I would say. If I am fooled by it, though, I have made an error.

This would leave God out. You would be depending on humans or not God, to get your psychic experiences.

God through His Son Jesus wants to share personally with each of His children, and personally guide each of us. So, this means all the time and for everything. But there are psychics who deal with isolated things of someone's life. And you have to pay them for that.

Forgive me if this seems rough, but there is absolutely no place in the Christian's life for psychic's, mediums, or whatever these people call themselves now. ALL these things are demonic without exception, and need to be avoided at all costs. Going to one of these people or even reading a horoscope is not harmless. It is dangerous. God commanded that anyone practicing these things be put to death immediately. God himself is the only supernatural entity we should be trying to talk to. God Bless.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 9/7/2022 at 12:10 PM, Dave-regenerated said:

A lot of people experience psychic events in their lives that don't seem to have any reference to the Bible.  If anything unusual happens to them they learn to keep it to themselves because the "world" calls it crazy and the "Christian" does too.  This would be a separate event to being born again.  And in that wonder world of unusual events, there is some truth and plenty of error.  There is even fraudulent errors.

Are you going to forever ignore strange events by pretending you know they are demonic instead of human?  Why not deal with NORMAL life events without the filter of theological systems of demons that are everywhere?

Hi all.. just thinking about what's been said here and what GOD must be thinking haha. It is amazing is it not what MAN knows. Man knows how old the stars are and man knows what's inside the earth granted has only been 7.5 miles in. Man knows what makes up the planets, what's inside the sun on and on and on. Man is moved why only what he sees hears feels. Which is not real. Man lives in a time bubble that has a time limit on it "demons said to Christ are you going to torment us before our time". 

Christs words come to mind... if you can't understand natural things how will  understand supernatural things. You don't see because you don't believe. Doubt will always stop God. Fact for so many God protects them from seeing. If they did truly see they would be so full of fear worry doubt. We have no idea how much He loves us and has always watched over protected us.

So much of this for me kind of talk comes from places like USA where full of doubt. Now head on over to some 3rd world nations.. yeah your in for  shock. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Thankfully I have had very few experiences with the occult.  But my grandfather was part of it so I have avoided anything resembling it.  Don't even read fortune cookies because I don't want anything to come between me and God.  However, we had young woman come to our Lady's Bible Study at church.  Her eyes were full of darkness--hard to describe.  It was pure evil.  Soon she was crouching and hissing like a snake ready to spring at us.  We all started praying.  The woman who brought her interrupted us and told us the girl was a shaman from a nearby Indian reservation.  She had once been a Christian but had got into this stuff because of her Indian heritage.  We broke up and I immediately went to my Baptist pastor and told him about it all.  He and my family had never seemed so full of light or so clean.  It was like coming into bright sunlight after being in a dark movie theater.  A breath of fresh air.  I do believe she was demon possessed.   

I agree that people tend to blame too much on the devil.  "The devil made me do it" just doesn't cut it.  Many Christians that claim to have demons simply need to repent.  

Jas 4:7  Then be subject to God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you.  Jas 4:8  Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners! And purify your hearts, double minded ones!  Jas 4:9  Be distressed, and mourn, and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy into shame.  Jas 4:10  Be humbled before the Lord, and He will exalt you.

On the other hand, the occult has been growing in the USA since the 60s.  There are real demons out there that do attack our minds using satan's tactics.

Has God said?  Satan asked in the Garden.  He wants us to doubt the Bible.   They attack our minds with fear as satan prowls about like a roaring lion (That was declawed and had his teeth pulled at the Cross.  We no longer need to fear death). He accuses and lies.  We don't have to listen to them. 

Seeking to know the future through mediums, spiritists, witches, fortune tellers or the like is evil.  In God's eyes it is like idol worship.  A woman I know became Catholic but continued with the occult.  I told her it would come between her and God.  So she became charismatic and instead went from church to church seeking a new experience or thrill and from town to town seeking Christians who would "speak into her life" about the future.    Meanwhile I saw no fruit of the Spirit, no compassion, no repentance, no real relationship with God or with other Christians.  She told me about her adulteries with no sorrow or shame.  I am a skeptic and I remain skeptical about some people. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

20 hours ago, Starise said:

The difference now is I realize most of it is smoke and mirrors, though not all of it is.

A lot of it is the power of suggestion. I have some degree of communication with people in Heaven. If people do not want to believe it is real, that is fine. Write it up to Imagination. Half the books in the library are fiction. The reason for the flood is that people were using their imagination for evil and not good. 

I know two people who carry the ashes from a departed loved person on a neckless around their neck. They feel that helps them to maintain or keep a connection with that person. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

4 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

A lot of it is the power of suggestion. I have some degree of communication with people in Heaven. If people do not want to believe it is real, that is fine. Write it up to Imagination. Half the books in the library are fiction. The reason for the flood is that people were using their imagination for evil and not good. 

I know two people who carry the ashes from a departed loved person on a neckless around their neck. They feel that helps them to maintain or keep a connection with that person. 

@JohnR7 I'm just going to come out and say it. The claims you are making here are crazy. I am not attacking you. I am attacking the claims.

You have communication with people in heaven? The flood happened because of the way people were using their imaginations? The first statement is not much different than a witch who says she can contact the spirits of the dead. Think about it.

The flood happened because of the evil on the earth. Not the imaginations of evil.

Don't get me wrong, I think positive thinking can help a lot, but it doesn't move mountains. God moves mountains if we have faith in Him. We can have faith in God and not be thinking the most positively, and God will still be there because it has nothing to do with us.