• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

God Didn't not sound pleased with the stiff necked,grumbling,murmuring Jews he kept through the wilderness

Negative begats negative and positive begats positive. People bring it on themselves. Usually because of their rejection of God and His ways. God is a God of absolute and perfect Justice. 

The Beach Boys sang a song about good vibrations. 

"I love the colorful clothes she wears
And the way the sunlight plays upon her hair
I hear the sound of a gentle word
On the wind that lifts her perfume through the air
I'm pickin' up good vibrations"

Life is too short to associate with negative people. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

4 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

My question is, how can he come and take us to heaven, when he’s already IN OUR HEARTS/ SPIRIT?

We leave our body behind when we go to Heaven. David said: "You knit me together in my mother's womb". We are free to go because we become unknit. Then in the resurrection our body, soul and spirit are reunited. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

5 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Which means nothing to me.

One must be birthed in the Spirit to see the Kingdom of God...Born Again... the Holy Spirit indwells/ lives in my spirit..so when I die..I will go back to the dust from where I came...then my Spirit will go back to God, from where it came...

I don’t need to know what my heavenly body will look like....as long as I’ve been birthed in the Spirit...Amen!

Hey Sis

I get the notion that some don't get the jist of this Thread.     As if the questions asked are because we don't know the answer,lol

But I suppose it's like that saying,how does it go- something about the 15 minutes of fame?

I do so enjoy others perspectives,That is fun,exciting and enlightening.....getting preached at,not so much!

Love your post❤️

8 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Sis, I’ve never heard of David, can you share a bit about him?

Or send me to the right scripture?

Was he the one who slays the giant?

Yes,I'm sorry perhaps I should have said King David

1 Chronicles 21st chapter

2 Samuel 24 the chapter

Yep,before he was king- while just a boy( sheep herder) he slayed Goliath👍

Edited by kwikphilly

So the question really is- what was David's sin...... Surely there's no sin in talking a consensus, in that way they taxed the people

Could it be that pride? Not being reliant on God for Provision?He was doing exactly what the pagans did to increase kingdomly power....I'll stop there for now- fun,right?

4 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

This has got my attention...so I’m off to read all about King David....🙏

looking forward to seeing the replies,👍

You're going to love it!!!!!! Starts with 1 Samuel 17 th Chapter.. 

Edited by kwikphilly
typos typos typos

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Ooh,I have a question!

Who or what do you think incited( or moved?) David to take the concensus & why did that Anger God against Israel...

Some think  it was satan,others think it was God Himself and yet there are those who think it was David's own pride( which for me is satan's input)

David sinned yet Israel was going to suffer as a result,why?

Of course I have my thoughts but I'd love to hear everyone else's.....

If I may: I think Kwik is much better than Poke, short for slowpoke. 😊 It is much better than my nickname growing up, “Dennis the Menace.”

Right or wrong, some of my thoughts: This does not seem to be a general census of the population, but numbering the strength and skills of David’s Army. Perhaps David was starting to put his faith, trust, pride, or ease of mind into his military instead of the Lord?

Should this be the case, then all of Judah most likely would have been in support of their king and encouraged the numbering. In general, the Lord always communicated to His people through the prophets. In contrast to 1 Samuel 23, where David spoke directly with the Lord in real time for his life, the Lord spoke to David through Gad the seer (prophet) this time.

What is extremely unusual and exclusive, God gave David three options as punishment (or remedial judgment) for the stubborn people, presumably encouraging David’s numbering of his forces. Imagine the weight he must have borne choosing how many and the way they would perish.

Anyway, the following short commentary seems to me to be a reasonable explanation:

The particular sin that brought about God’s wrath is not given. First Chronicles 21:1 credits Satan with enticing David, but no contradiction exists. Both verses are correct; God is able to use even Satan to accomplish His purposes (Job 1:12; 2:6). Here, God allowed Satan to entice David to count the people, an act that, while acceptable under certain circumstances (Ex 30:12), here probably revealed that David was putting trust in his military power rather than in the Lord’s protection and guidance. Another possibility is that David failed to instruct his commanders to collect the half-shekel poll tax, bringing on the plague (Ex 30:12–13). In either case, God did not force David to make the wrong decision.[1]

I typed this fast because I know you do not like anything slow. LOL

[1] Bryan E. Beyer, “2 Samuel,” in Holman Illustrated Bible Commentary, ed. E. Ray Clendenen and Jeremy Royal Howard (Broadman & Holman, 2015), 344.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

37 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I really don’t understand you....and still you said nothing  about my question.

Well, I will try again then, I guess. The question was

how can he come and take us to heaven, when he’s already IN OUR HEARTS/ SPIRIT?

First, I do not know how God does anything, I only know that He does what He wants (a cool thing about being God!) and He does what He says He will do. I like that about Him also. I am not sure what you expect from people! We can tell you what God says in His word (the Bible) but you do not seem to want to hear  it, or put any effort into knowing it or understanding it. That makes me somewhat sad.

You say basically, all that you need to know, is that you are born again, and then you are content fo wait for God to show you what else He wants you to know when He is ready. You don't have to believe me, I am okay with that, but perhaps, God provides teacher to His disciples, disciples meaning those who want to follow and learn from their master. Humans like myself, cannot create a spiritual hunger in you, only God can do that. Humans cannot give you understanding of what He has said. We can show what He has said, but only the Holy Spirit can open your spiritual eyes and ears and understanding. God knows if you are not ready for that, and He is patient.

To the question, I could quote more scripture to answer it, but if you don't want it, that is fine. I don't know how to answer your question though without it, because the Word of God (the Bible) is where most of the answers He wants us to  understand are most clearly revealed. Since that does not interest you, I won't answer how God does something, or why He does something, because He does not always explain those details anyway.

What He has said though, is that believers, when they die, they go to be present with the Lord, while their bodies remain behind on earth (in the grave). The Lord Himself will descend from Heaven (we usually call that the second coming), and those Christians who have died will rise to meet Him in the air. Those believers who are still alive at that time. will rise next - without passing through death, and will join with the Lord and the risen believers and we will always be together.

These facts were intended by the apostle Paul, to be words of encouragement, and he wrote them (he said)  because he did not want them to be ignorant and grieve about the Christians who had already died - there will be a reunion.

Paul did not think these things unimportant at all, for he said also that the resurrection is crucial. If Christ has not been raised, then his preaching is in vain and we are still in our sins. Those who have died, will just stay dead. It is all in vain.

He goes on to say that our natural body goes into the ground like a seed, but it is raised as a spiritual body, imperishable, never to die again. God gives a body that He has chosen, and we know that when Jesus comes again (Paul says) our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 1who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body.

Do we need to know these things, perhaps not, but they are things God has revealed to us in His word, I suspect then, that they are things He wants us to know, whether we need to, is not the question.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.68
  • Days Won:  149

17 hours ago, johann pretorius said:

So is YHVH Omnicient, Omnipresent? what say you brother?

YHVH is all encompassing all powerful in every way. I could stop there, but this isn't enough of an answer to expand what I'm saying.

There are several places in the bible where it seems YHVH is not omnipresent. Take the example of Sodom and Gomorrah when God said  the reports coming back to Him from Sodom were bad and He planned to destroy it. 

If God knew in real time why would He need to investigate it?

Gen 18:21

20Then the LORD said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great. Because their sin is so grievous, 21I will go down to see if their actions fully justify the outcry that has reached Me. If not, I will find out.” 22And the two men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD.…

In the garden of Eden, the Lord goes looking for Adam.

8Then the man and his wife heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the breeze of the day, and they hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9But the LORD God called out to the man, “Where are you?” 10“I heard Your voice in the garden,” he replied, “and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.”…

These scriptures make it appear God is like a president or a king who gets his intelligence from others and then goes to check on the reports.

Yet we also have passages like this one-

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. (Psalm 139:7-8 NIV)

The word of God does not contradict itself.

In the first example we have an "outcry" as translated in this version. An alarm of sorts has been set off that has gone all the way to God. This isn't the only example of this. Here is another-

One killed the other. “And the Lord said, 'What have you done? Listen; your brother's blood is crying out to me from the ground'” (Gen. 4:10).

These texts show God is connected to everything. What is this crying out, this outcry God hears when something isn't right in His creation? This isn't an angel messenger. The bible never says a messenger sent Him any news, this is God's everything, everywhere connection to his work.

What I read this text saying- God is now EVALUATING what He was already aware of.

" I will go down to see" is God's decision process. This is NOT saying He is unaware in any way. Do I kill them all or do I spare them? Remember Abraham begged God to spare Sodom if a certain number of righteous persons could be found there and God agreed. Does God reevaluate Himself? He can do that because HE is also a THEY. This is also proof God listens to and considers the petitions of those who are His. Otherwise He would have waved Abraham off. Our God is not static.

In the second example, God knew exactly where Adam and Eve were. It was like a very serious game of hide and seek where the one searching knows where you are. Where are You Adam???? And the whole time He sees him.

There is a lesser discussed subject based around modalism where God switches places with another of His creation and for a time He becomes the other thing. I believe this term was mainly coined by Micheal Heiser in his book The Unseen Realm. 

I have attached a link covering the idea of God presenting Himself as something else for a purpose. from that book. Look at page 18. 

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

16 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

None of what you say here is true here, of what you have accused me of.

To be honest, I will end the discussion here...because you have come to your own conclusions about me.

And as I’ve said many times...only God can speak to my heart, in his timing and not before.

You haven’t imo answeredany of my questions that I addressed to you.

Do you believe that when you addressed your questions to that particular poster that you were addressing them to God? What do you expect? An answer from a person who is not God?