• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Yeshayahu 52:
13 Behold My servant shall prosper; he shall be exalted and lifted up, and he shall be very high.   יגהִנֵּ֥ה יַשְׂכִּ֖יל עַבְדִּ֑י יָר֧וּם וְנִשָּׂ֛א וְגָבַ֖הּ מְאֹֽד:
14 As many wondered about you, "How marred his appearance is from that of a man, and his features from that of people!"   ידכַּֽאֲשֶׁ֨ר שָֽׁמְמ֚וּ עָלֶ֙יךָ֙ רַבִּ֔ים כֵּן־מִשְׁחַ֥ת מֵאִ֖ישׁ מַרְאֵ֑הוּ וְתֹֽאֲר֖וֹ מִבְּנֵ֥י אָדָֽם:
15 So shall he cast down many nations; kings shall shut their mouths because of him, for, what had not been told them they saw, and [at] what they had not heard they gazed.   טוכֵּ֚ן יַזֶּה֙ גּוֹיִ֣ם רַבִּ֔ים עָלָ֛יו יִקְפְּצ֥וּ מְלָכִ֖ים פִּיהֶ֑ם כִּ֠י אֲשֶׁ֨ר לֹֽא־סֻפַּ֚ר לָהֶם֙ רָא֔וּ וַֽאֲשֶׁ֥ר לֹֽא־שָֽׁמְע֖וּ הִתְבּוֹנָֽנוּ:

• Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Yeshayahu 53:

1 Who would have believed our report, and to whom was the arm of the Lord revealed?   אמִ֥י הֶֽאֱמִ֖ין לִשְׁמֻֽעָתֵ֑נוּ וּזְר֥וֹעַ יְהֹוָ֖ה עַל־מִ֥י נִגְלָֽתָה:
2 And he came up like a sapling before it, and like a root from dry ground, he had neither form nor comeliness; and we saw him that he had no appearance. Now shall we desire him?   בוַיַּ֨עַל כַּיּוֹנֵ֜ק לְפָנָ֗יו וְכַשֹּׁ֙רֶשׁ֙ מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צִיָּ֔ה לֹא־תֹ֥אַר ל֖וֹ וְלֹ֣א הָדָ֑ר וְנִרְאֵ֥הוּ וְלֹֽא־מַרְאֶ֖ה וְנֶֽחְמְדֵֽהוּ:
3 Despised and rejected by men, a man of pains and accustomed to illness, and as one who hides his face from us, despised and we held him of no account.   גנִבְזֶה֙ וַֽחֲדַ֣ל אִישִׁ֔ים אִ֥ישׁ מַכְאֹב֖וֹת וִיד֣וּעַ חֹ֑לִי וּכְמַסְתֵּ֚ר פָּנִים֙ מִמֶּ֔נּוּ נִבְזֶ֖ה וְלֹ֥א חֲשַׁבְנֻֽהוּ:
4 Indeed, he bore our illnesses, and our pains-he carried them, yet we accounted him as plagued, smitten by God and oppressed.   דאָכֵ֚ן חֳלָיֵ֙נוּ֙ ה֣וּא נָשָׂ֔א וּמַכְאֹבֵ֖ינוּ סְבָלָ֑ם וַֽאֲנַ֣חְנוּ חֲשַׁבְנֻ֔הוּ נָג֛וּעַ מֻכֵּ֥ה אֱלֹהִ֖ים וּמְעֻנֶּֽה:
5 But he was pained because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his wound we were healed.   הוְהוּא֙ מְחֹלָ֣ל מִפְּשָׁעֵ֔נוּ מְדֻכָּ֖א מֵֽעֲוֹֽנוֹתֵ֑ינוּ מוּסַ֚ר שְׁלוֹמֵ֙נוּ֙ עָלָ֔יו וּבַֽחֲבֻֽרָת֖וֹ נִרְפָּא־לָֽנוּ:
6 We all went astray like sheep, we have turned, each one on his way, and the Lord accepted his prayers for the iniquity of all of us.   וכֻּלָּ֙נוּ֙ כַּצֹּ֣אן תָּעִ֔ינוּ אִ֥ישׁ לְדַרְכּ֖וֹ פָּנִ֑ינוּ וַֽיהֹוָה֙ הִפְגִּ֣יעַ בּ֔וֹ אֵ֖ת עֲו‍ֹ֥ן כֻּלָּֽנוּ:
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he would not open his mouth; like a lamb to the slaughter he would be brought, and like a ewe that is mute before her shearers, and he would not open his mouth.   זנִגַּ֨שׂ וְה֣וּא נַֽעֲנֶה֘ וְלֹ֣א יִפְתַּח־פִּיו֒ כַּשֶּׂה֙ לַטֶּ֣בַח יוּבָ֔ל וּכְרָחֵ֕ל לִפְנֵ֥י גֹֽזְזֶ֖יהָ נֶֽאֱלָ֑מָה וְלֹ֥א יִפְתַּ֖ח פִּֽיו:
8 From imprisonment and from judgment he is taken, and his generation who shall tell? For he was cut off from the land of the living; because of the transgression of my people, a plague befell them.   חמֵעֹ֚צֶר וּמִמִּשְׁפָּט֙ לֻקָּ֔ח וְאֶת־דּוֹר֖וֹ מִ֣י יְשׂוֹחֵ֑חַ כִּ֚י נִגְזַר֙ מֵאֶ֣רֶץ חַיִּ֔ים מִפֶּ֥שַׁע עַמִּ֖י נֶ֥גַע לָֽמוֹ:
9 And he gave his grave to the wicked, and to the wealthy with his kinds of death, because he committed no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.   טוַיִּתֵּ֚ן אֶת־רְשָׁעִים֙ קִבְר֔וֹ וְאֶת־עָשִׁ֖יר בְּמֹתָ֑יו עַל לֹֽא־חָמָ֣ס עָשָׂ֔ה וְלֹ֥א מִרְמָ֖ה בְּפִֽיו:
10 And the Lord wished to crush him, He made him ill; if his soul makes itself restitution, he shall see children, he shall prolong his days, and God's purpose shall prosper in his hand.   יוַֽיהֹוָ֞ה חָפֵ֚ץ דַּכְּאוֹ֙ הֶֽחֱלִ֔י אִם־תָּשִׂ֚ים אָשָׁם֙ נַפְשׁ֔וֹ יִרְאֶ֥ה זֶ֖רַע יַֽאֲרִ֣יךְ יָמִ֑ים וְחֵ֥פֶץ יְהֹוָ֖ה בְּיָד֥וֹ יִצְלָֽח:
11 From the toil of his soul he would see, he would be satisfied; with his knowledge My servant would vindicate the just for many, and their iniquities he would bear.   יאמֵֽעֲמַ֚ל נַפְשׁוֹ֙ יִרְאֶ֣ה יִשְׂבָּ֔ע בְּדַעְתּ֗וֹ יַצְדִּ֥יק צַדִּ֛יק עַבְדִּ֖י לָֽרַבִּ֑ים וַֽעֲו‍ֹנֹתָ֖ם ה֥וּא יִסְבֹּֽל:
12 Therefore, I will allot him a portion in public, and with the strong he shall share plunder, because he poured out his soul to death, and with transgressors he was counted; and he bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.   יבלָכֵ֞ן אֲחַלֶּק־ל֣וֹ בָֽרַבִּ֗ים וְאֶת־עֲצוּמִים֘ יְחַלֵּ֣ק שָׁלָל֒ תַּ֗חַת אֲשֶׁ֨ר הֶֽעֱרָ֚ה לַמָּ֙וֶת֙ נַפְשׁ֔וֹ וְאֶת־פֹּֽשְׁעִ֖ים נִמְנָ֑ה וְהוּא֙ חֵֽטְא־רַבִּ֣ים נָשָׂ֔א וְלַפֹּֽשְׁעִ֖ים יַפְגִּֽיעַ:

Slibhin, how could this be anyone other than Yeshua HaNotzri?

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

56 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

In Jesus Name!...Amen!!

i had a Major Spiritual breakthrough last night, it’s been a long time coming,Praise  God!!

Care to share? Im sure many of us would be interested.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,532
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

26 minutes ago, NCAP said:

However, how would a fruit inspector handle all these sayings?

If the "fruit inspector" was the FDA, it's all Covid related.  :D

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, NCAP said:

I get what you are saying. But you could have used more appropriate expressions to get your point across, such as:

God took a scroll and smacked him upside the head, or

God shot thorns into his flesh to get his attention, or

God ripped his eyeballs out of his head to get his attention.

However, how would a fruit inspector handle all these sayings?

The real point is, did you grasp the idea/point she was making.  If so as you say, why the extra baggage to aggravate the conversation?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Did God really knock Paul off his horse?

Thats interesting, where is that in scripture please?....I can’t find it,🙂

Acts 9:4...NIV.

4105F3AF-62B4-4A1C-8FCA-519392ED0FE9.jpeg

that is a very common thought among a good number of people.   If one studies the general history of what life was like during that time it is easy to understand that someone of Paul's status was very unlikely to be walking.

It's  not written in scripture but would be common among customs at the time.

Whatever the case it really disrupts the conversation between people...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, other one said:

The real point is, did you grasp the idea/point she was making.  If so as you say, why the extra baggage to aggravate the conversation?

I grasped the idea/point she made about Paul, that is, about God getting his attention. And I grasped the assertion Paul made about himself---that he was an apostle. And that is what he asserted, that is, that he is an apostle.

However, I don't make those kinds of assertions about Paul. I can, however, like you, show you what he asserted about himself.

Can fruit inspectors lighten up just a little bit and not take everything and everyone seriously?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  11

14 minutes ago, NCAP said:

I grasped the idea/point she made about Paul, that is, about God getting his attention. And I grasped the assertion Paul made about himself---that he was an apostle. And that is what he asserted, that is, that he is an apostle.

However, I don't make those kinds of assertions about Paul. I can, however, like you, show you what he asserted about himself.

Can fruit inspectors lighten up just a little bit and not take everything and everyone seriously?

This is God’s assertion of Paul, NCAP:

Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord." So the Lord said to him, "Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying. "And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight." Then Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem. "And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name." But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. "For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake." And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

- Acts 9:10-17 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, NCAP said:

If you stop posting like a troll that might happen.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

I'm going to insert my 2 cents here for a moment.  

The best Way to witness to a Jewish person or ANYONE Who Does not Know Jesus is to Display Christ in us.  . Leading by example just as Jesus Always Did

Jesus Abides in the Born Again Believer,Indwelled by Holy Spirit - He Who is in us is GREATER than he who is in this world..... It's so easy to turn the other cheek,so simple not to react to something that triggers us to retaliation....Taking captive our thoughts & subject them to the Obedience of Christ.... However,defensive posts are carnal & it does not matter what anyone says that we find " disturbing" - we are all accountable for our own words...not anyone elses- that's on them & we will all give an account one day

So,a gentle reminder,please- if someone posts something that offends you don't have to reply,don't have to " prove a point"...What is the point really? The last word? Who can be snarkier?

" Provoke them to jealousy"...   Who would envy bickering & nit picking?Peace,Love,Patience,Self Control,Joy,Kindness,Gentleness...... Speaking of " Fruits"

With love in Christ, Kwik

Edited by kwikphilly
spelling errors
  • This is Worthy 1