IGNORED

Does God respect religious tolerance toward other religions ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Content Per Day:  1.60
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/14/2022 at 2:51 AM, R. Hartono said:

I dont mean to become a stumbling stone with this question that can make you fall.

There are hundreds of religions/beliefs in this world.

Does the God of the Bible respect religious tolerance ? That He letteth other religions ?

If you mean does God respect people's choices and free will,  then yes.  He allows people to reject him for a god of their choosing.  However what he does not respect is their worship of other gods.  What I mean by that is he allows people to choose who they worship,  but he does not allow them to avoid the consequences of that choice. ALL religions are wrong.  There is only 1 true God and only faith in Christ is correct.  ALL other religions follow false gods and will be judged by the true god for their denial of him.  I hope that wasn't too confusing.  Please let me know if I need to clarify anything. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, JohannPretorius said:

However, accepting that these beliefs are right, which is the modern-day view of Christian tolerance, is a totally different thing and this is where we, as Christians, need to draw the line.

And if we did that there would be nothing to tolerate, the term for that is acceptance or agreement. We don't tolerate things we agree with we embrace them.

I think we are in agreement here brother.:t2:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:07 AM, Starise said:

One thing that seems to be getting lost in the translation for the word tolerance in popular culture is that "tolerance" does not mean agreement and it doesn't have to mean acceptance if said acceptance means I have to make concessions for my belief. We can accept people but firmly disagree with their lifestyle or beliefs. Accepting a person does not mean I agree with what they teach or believe or do.

Popular culture is attempting to use the word tolerance to a greater extent than the meaning suggests. It is often said that if we don't tolerate certain things we are haters, and this is how the devil sells his apostate wares to gullible churches who only want to present an image of love. If we don't 'tolerate' sin or apostasy we are not loving Christians, where tolerate means to embrace and accept apostate teachings and sinful lifestyles. If we refuse such lifestyles and teachings we are called "intolerant" among other things. Churches are trading solid biblical foundation for a bag of magic beans. Magic beans is a reference to the children's story about the giant and the bean stalk.

The bible teaches only one way to God. Through Jesus Christ. There is no other. No not just the trappings of something that looks like Christianity but isn't. Not one way to God + anything else. ONE WAY TO GOD. The bible itself does not TOLERATE anything else.

Yet the world wants us to join in with others who think there are many ways to get to God. God says " Come out from among them, be ye separate".

The more time goes by, the more we will see this kind of thinking that says we Christians are too rigid and need to move to the modern ways, we should accept other religions and teachings. This is what the pope is going around condoning. A Jesuit who is acting like one in attempting to undermine the true church.

Don't fall for the watered down feeble attempts to assimilate and weaken the gospel.

Next thing you know, we might be called a "basket of deplorables" (H. Clinton). Or "domestic terrorists" (our government/the elite). America is no longer a Christian nation (O'Bummer). Opening a session of Congress with a prayer to Brahma, and closing the prayer with; Amen & Awoman. 

As you eloquently explained, we can see which way this one-sided tolerance is quickly heading.