IGNORED

Catholics Vs. Protestants (I don't get it)

Not of the World

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

12 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

I was talking about the Anglican Church and the book of common prayer. Could be the Roman Catholic Church has a different perspective.

Yeah sorry John, I was operating under the assumption, that the topic was about Roman Catholicism VS Protestantism. Certainly that is how most people think of it. Yes, there are Eastern Orthodox, Apostalic Orthodox, Anglicans, Coptics and other manifestations of Christianity. However, in the title of the topic, I would guess that it is implied we are talking about Roman Catholics. After all all Christians are part of the catholic (small c) church, so it makes no sense to thing of it that way, since a Baptist might disagree with a Roman Catholic, but he would hardly disagree with the universal church, catholics. That would be like having the title of "Christians VS Christians (I don't get it)" as the OP. Of course that is a reality, and will be until Jesus 2nd coming. We are not perfect yet, so we disagree, the remnants of our flesh. 

Protestants, are protestants, because they protested the Roman Catholic Church, so there is that implicating. Even there, Lutherans (so called after Martin Luther - the starter of the protestant reformation) still perform infant baptisms. Most of the protestant world, believes in the Baptism of believers, and so are not pedobaptists.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

EXPERIENCE  AND  BELIEF  MANY  GODLY  CATHOLICS ???

PSALM 26:5  I have hated the congregation of evildoers  --  and will not sit with the wicked 

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say and   ---   THE  LORD  give thee understanding in all things 

PROVERBS 8:14  counsel is mine and sound wisdom --I am understanding--  I have strength

PROVERBS 21:16  the man that wandereth out of the way of understanding  ---  SHALL  REMAIN  IN  THE  CONGREGATION  OF  THE  DEAD

PSALM 11:5  THE  LORD  trieth the righteous   --but the wicked-- and him that loveth violence his soul hateth--

*******1 CORINTHIANS 5:11  but now I have written unto you not to keep company if any man --that is called a brother-- be a fornicator  --  or covetous  --  or an idolator  --  or a railer  --  or a drunkard  --  or an extortioner  --with such an one no not to eat*******

--5:12--  for what have I to do to judge them that are without   ---do not you judge them that are within---

--5:13--  but them that are without  GOD  judgeth  --  THEREFORE  PUT  AWAY  FROM  AMONG  YOURSELVES    --THAT  WICKED  PERSON--

2 JOHN 1:9  WHOSOEVER  TRANSGRESSETH  AND  ABIDETH  NOT  IN  THE  DOCTRINE  OF   CHRIST   HATH  NOT   GOD   HE  THAT  ABIDETH  IN  THE  DOCTRINE  OF  CHRIST  HE  HATH  BOTH  THE  FATHER  AND  THE  SON

--1:10-- if there come  --any unto you   --   and bring not this doctrine  --  RECEIVE  HIM  NOT  INTO  YOUR  HOUSE   ---  neither bid him  GOD  speed--

--1:11-- for he that bideth him  GOD  speed is partaker of his evil deeds 

ARE  THERE  NOT  A  MULTITUDE  OF  OTHERS  THAT  ARE  NOT  WELCOME  INTO  THE  LORDS  HOUSE  BRINGING  WITH  THEM  THEIR  OWN  WICKED  DOCTRINES 

PSALM 119:167  my soul hath kept thy testimonies and I love them exceedingly

PSALM 119:157  many are my persecuters and mine enemies yet I do not decline from thy testimonies 

PSALM 119:119  thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross --therefore I love thy testimonies

PSALM 27:14  wait on  THE  LORD  ---BE  OF  GOOD  COURAGE---  and  HE  shall strengthen thine heart  --wait--  I say on  THE  LORD 

PHILIPPIANS  3:8  yea doubtless and I count all things but loss for the excellency of --THE  KNOWLEDGE  OF  JESUS  CHRIST  MY  LORD-- whom I have suffered the loss of all things--  and do count them but dung that I --MAY  WIN  CHRIST--

2 PETER 1:3  according as  HIS  divine power  --hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness-- through  --THE  KNOWLEDGE  OF  HIM--  that hath called us to glory and virtue

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST