IGNORED

I was banned for hate speech on a star wars forum

Space_Karen

12 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I think the concept of "freedom of speech" is very rare in the world.  I'm not sure that another nation has a "first amendment".  I know that people in Canada, Britain, Greece, German, etc., have been criminally prosecuted simply for expressing an unpopular opinion.  

Didn't England at one time have an area where people could speak freely, like in a park?

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

12 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I think the concept of "freedom of speech" is very rare in the world.

The Bible has enjoyed it since it's conception...

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

13 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I think the concept of "freedom of speech" is very rare in the world.  I'm not sure that another nation has a "first amendment".  I know that people in Canada, Britain, Greece, German, etc., have been criminally prosecuted simply for expressing an unpopular opinion.  

Very true and we ( USA)may very well find ourselves in the same predicament one day soon,huh?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Didn't England at one time have an area where people could speak freely, like in a park?

Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park seems to be the earliest and most well known. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

8 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The Bible has enjoyed it since it's conception...

The Bible speaks freely, but that does not mean that is publication, distribution and possession go unhindered.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/13/2022 at 6:46 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Karen

Ridiculous,whatever happened to freedom of speech,right?

The internet gives the spirit of the air dominion, rulers of darkness,principalities etc ...it's the main source of information & news for our young vulnerable minds- if they " Google" it,it must be true.People seem to thing this is the age of increased knowledge,I think that's the funniest thing I ever heard!!!

Unfortunately our youths know nothing about History,our Constitution,Democracy & least of all God's Word - their priorities are to live as they please and for everyone to accept it-meanwhile they don't realize what they are fighting for is counterproductive

While quality of information is decreasing. Through people knowing less about history, finance and politics.

The quantity of information people are exposed to is rising steeply. Through commercials, emails, txts, mobile phones, internet.

Its easy to forget that people of past eras didn't know what germs were. And lacked basic knowledge about human sanitation and hygiene.

While we might look around us and comment upon a perceived lack of intelligence by others making us feel smart. Those of past eras were considerably less knowledgeable about many things in contrast to even the less educated person alive today.

Only 2 years ago, liberals in the united states were saying no one in the country needed to own a gun. Then the pandemic came along in 2020 and liberals began buying guns in record numbers. Lessons relating to history, Constitution and democracy are not difficult to learn. People only need to see their real world application.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Edited for naughty words.

free_speech.jpg

So you mind if I borrow that.   I know some twitter and Facebook people who really need to see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 11/10/2022 at 9:19 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Disney has been pro-gay for years. This situation is not surprising to me. I was banned one year from a Christian forum for refusing to apologize to a moderator when I questioned his objectivity. Sometimes there's a cost for standing up for truth and Judeo/Christian morality.

I hope you didn't do that on the open forum...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

15 hours ago, Space_Karen said:

While quality of information is decreasing. Through people knowing less about history, finance and politics.

The quantity of information people are exposed to is rising steeply. Through commercials, emails, txts, mobile phones, internet.

Its easy to forget that people of past eras didn't know what germs were. And lacked basic knowledge about human sanitation and hygiene.

While we might look around us and comment upon a perceived lack of intelligence by others making us feel smart. Those of past eras were considerably less knowledgeable about many things in contrast to even the less educated person alive today.

Only 2 years ago, liberals in the united states were saying no one in the country needed to own a gun.w Then the pandemic came along in 2020 and liberals began buying guns in record numbers. Lessons relating to history, Constitution and democracy are not difficult to learn. People only need to see their real world application.

Well dear,Personally I don't " feel" smart from observing stupidity- it has zero to do with my own knowledge or education..  so I'm not sure who you might be referring to with that statement?

In any event what I do feel is " sadness" -what society has become is a sad state of affairs with an abundance of sheer ignorance and beautiful young minds stagnated by " convenience".....

And that's what I see all around me,I talk with many many people everyday as their eyes stare at their little appendage( screen )& their little fingers are busy typing idle chit chat  ...wouldn't it be wonderful if they would go into the panic they do if they left their Bible at home instead of a cell phone? Just sayin❤️

I'm really glad to have been born in one of those past eras you speak of- in school we could not even have a piece of scrap paper or a pencil for calculations,only an ink pen was permissable or it was considered " cheating"- we were encouraged to " think".... No,it does not make me feel "smart' to see what goes on today,it makes me sad that so much potential is wasted and kids just don't know any different or better....Jesus Come quickly?

In His Love,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Edited for naughty words.

free_speech.jpg

That's quite awesome.  I am stealing it.  Right now.