IGNORED

Are believers sealed with the Holy Ghost after they believe?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 11/29/2022 at 10:03 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Yes, sealed unto salvation.

Daily infilling is helpful, too.

I like your screen name

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, plo1988 said:

Believers are sealed at the moment they trust Christ for salvation, not afterward (Ephesians 1).

The Spirit cleanses and puts us in Christ's body. After, we are to ask Jesus to fill us with the Spirit, and to ask often.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/17/2022 at 2:54 AM, plo1988 said:

No.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 10/17/2022 at 6:24 AM, plo1988 said:

Depends on what gospel they believe and adhere to 

Non-Pentecostal faiths that preach another gospel claim that "believers" automatically receive the indwelling Holy Spirit when they believe. But this is not scriptural, not what our NT teaches us on discipleship.

Also what do people mean by "believe" - how does one believe the gospel ?? Which gospel ??

Luke 11:9  And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 
10  For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 
13  If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

Acts 8:12  But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 
13  Even Simon himself believed, and after being baptized he continued with Philip. And seeing signs and great miracles performed, he was amazed. 
14  Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 
15  who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, 
16  for he had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

scripture teaches that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is not automatic

Acts 19:2  And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.” 
3  And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” They said, “Into John's baptism.” 

Now how did Paul confirm that these disciples, these believers, did indeed truly receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit ??

Acts 19:5  On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 
6  And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.

which is exactly what Jesus our Lord and Saviour did promise

Mark 16:15  And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 
16  Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 
17  And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 

Edited by Waggles

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,794
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

5 hours ago, Waggles said:

Non-Pentecostal faiths that preach another gospel claim that "believers" automatically receive the indwelling Holy Spirit when they believe. But this is not scriptural, not what our NT teaches us on discipleship.

Receiving the Holy Spirit ... 

Joh 20:20  And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 

Joh 20:21  Then Jesus said to them again, Peace to you. As My Father has sent Me, even so I send you. 

Joh 20:22  And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit.

Joh 20:23  Of whomever sins you remit, they are remitted to them. Of whomever sins you retain, they are retained. 

Then receiving the power of the Holy Spirit ...

Acts 1:8  But you shall receive power, the Holy Spirit coming upon you. And you shall be witnesses to Me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and to the end of the earth. 

... there's a difference.

Be blessed!

George

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.90
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

The seal of the Spirit is a guarantee to those who abide under the Spirit.

Those who obey the voice of the Spirit. To separate the seal from the Walk

in the Spirit is to divide the Gospel into little pieces, and allow doctrines like OSAS.

1 Thessalonians 5:

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesyings.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit

and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 3:

14 For we have become partakers of Christ

if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 

15 while it is said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 

17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, 

whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 

18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 

Deuteronomy 11:13 ‘And it shall be that if you earnestly obey My commandments which I command

you today, to love the Lord your God and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul...

John 15:

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 

15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing;

but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit,

and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 

17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

Not one jot or tittle my friends, not one. There would be less controversy 

if people stopped abiding in doctrines of men and started ASKING.

THAT is to abide under the seal of the Spirit. The seal reference is kind of a thing,

like a seal of authenticity. The Holy Spirit is a person, not a thing. 

Less study, more conversation. This is what the Holy Spirit told me long ago about 

the role of scripture, "they are topics of conversation with Me, your Lord".

Everything I teach I literally learned by asking the Lord. When I was told "sorry,

we don't allow anyone to call themselves Minister, because we can't verify your

education, the Holy Spirit laughed. If you have not experienced His laughter, 

you haven't laughed. Oh, the hilarious tales I could share! Once, I read a scripture of

the day that a brother texted me; "the very hairs on your head are numbered". Mt 10:30

I jokingly said, come on, Lord, you know I'm going bald! He fired right back

"and not one falls to the ground without your heavenly Father's knowledge!"

I laughed so hard, then I cried. The Lord is so  sweet, why are theologians so serious?

What kind of friend would Jesus be without a sense of humor. Stick around,

I'll tell you some funny  stuff. I am not all about doctrines, but Life, and that more abundantly.

Thank you, Lord!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

9 hours ago, Mr. M said:

The seal of the Spirit is a guarantee to those who abide under the Spirit.

Those who obey the voice of the Spirit. To separate the seal from the Walk

in the Spirit is to divide the Gospel into little pieces, and allow doctrines like OSAS.

1 Thessalonians 5:

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesyings.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit

and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 3:

14 For we have become partakers of Christ

if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 

15 while it is said:

“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”

16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses? 

17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, 

whose corpses fell in the wilderness? 

18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? 

Deuteronomy 11:13 ‘And it shall be that if you earnestly obey My commandments which I command

you today, to love the Lord your God and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul...

John 15:

13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 

14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 

15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing;

but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 

16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit,

and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 

17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

Not one jot or tittle my friends, not one. There would be less controversy 

if people stopped abiding in doctrines of men and started ASKING.

THAT is to abide under the seal of the Spirit. The seal reference is kind of a thing,

like a seal of authenticity. The Holy Spirit is a person, not a thing. 

Less study, more conversation. This is what the Holy Spirit told me long ago about 

the role of scripture, "they are topics of conversation with Me, your Lord".

Everything I teach I literally learned by asking the Lord. When I was told "sorry,

we don't allow anyone to call themselves Minister, because we can't verify your

education, the Holy Spirit laughed. If you have not experienced His laughter, 

you haven't laughed. Oh, the hilarious tales I could share! Once, I read a scripture of

the day that a brother texted me; "the very hairs on your head are numbered". Mt 10:30

I jokingly said, come on, Lord, you know I'm going bald! He fired right back

"and not one falls to the ground without your heavenly Father's knowledge!"

I laughed so hard, then I cried. The Lord is so  sweet, why are theologians so serious?

What kind of friend would Jesus be without a sense of humor. Stick around,

I'll tell you some funny  stuff. I am not all about doctrines, but Life, and that more abundantly.

Thank you, Lord!

Oh MrM- I love that,thank you for sharing,❤️I know well my Lord's Great PERSONALITY--- especially His Simple Answers to my very long, ridiculous questions & how I just LAUGH with HIM when He Replies ...

"But how,but when,but but but and they won't listen and what will I say....they won't believe me,they won't do it,I don't know what to say" Blah blah blah

He Replies" Have I ever left you without words, just stay out of MY WAY"

Uh,of course Lord!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus answer is found in the parable of the sower

Matthew 13:18-23 Christ Jesus said:

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

---------------------

Take care that your seed of fait keeps being nutured and planted in good soil.

---------------------

Matthew 7:21

20So then, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’…

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

----------------------

Philippians 2:12

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  12.15
  • Days Won:  31

23 hours ago, Waggles said:

Depends on what gospel they believe and adhere to 

Also what do people mean by "believe" - how does one believe the gospel ?? Which gospel ??

Luke 11:9  And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 
10  For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 
13  If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

Acts 8:12  But when they believed Philip as he preached good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 
13  Even Simon himself believed, and after being baptized he continued with Philip. And seeing signs and great miracles performed, he was amazed. 
14  Now when the apostles at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent to them Peter and John, 
15  who came down and prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, 
16  for he had not yet fallen on any of them, but they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

scripture teaches that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is not automatic

Acts 19:2  And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.” 
3  And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” They said, “Into John's baptism.” 

Now how did Paul confirm that these disciples, these believers, did indeed truly receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit ??

Acts 19:5  On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 
6  And when Paul had laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking in tongues and prophesying.

which is exactly what Jesus our Lord and Saviour did promise

Mark 16:15  And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 
16  Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 
17  And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 

Hi @Waggles ; interesting that Romans 8 says: 'If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His" (verse 9).

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 10/17/2022 at 6:24 AM, plo1988 said:

So then let us BELIEVE scripture and obey God ...

John 3:5  Jesus answered, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 
6  What is born of the flesh is flesh; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. 
7  Marvel not that I said to thee, Ye must be born from above. 
8  The Spirit breatheth where he willeth, and thou hearest his voice, but knowest not whence he cometh, and whither he goeth: so is everyone born of the Spirit.

Acts 5:32  And WE are witnesses of these sayings; also the Holy Spirit, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Mar 16:15  And he said to them, Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation. 
16  Who hath believed and is baptized shall be saved; but who hath disbelieved shall be condemned. 
17  And these signs shall follow them that have believed: in my name shall they cast out demons, speak with tongues; 
18  and in their hands they shall take up serpents, and if they drink aught deadly, it shall in now wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 
19  So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 
20  And THEY went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed.

Acts 1:4  and, being assembled with them, he charged them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which ye heard from me: 
5  because John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized in the Holy Spirit not many days hence.

Acts 2:1  And when the day of Pentecost was being fulfilled, all were together in the one place. 
2  And suddenly a sound came from heaven as of a mighty wind rushing, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 
3  And tongues as if of fire being distributed appeared to them; and it sat upon each of them. 
4  And all were filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:37  Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, [Men] Brethren, what shall we do? 
38  And Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized each of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
39  For to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call unto him. 
40  And with many other words he testified, and exhorted them, saying, Be saved from this crooked generation.

Acts 10:33  Forthwith therefore I sent unto thee; and THOU hast done well to come. Now therefore WE are all here present before God, to hear all things commanded thee of the Lord. 
44  While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all that heard the word. 
45  And they of the circumcision that believed were amazed, who came with Peter, because that on the nations also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
46  For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 
47  Can anyone forbid the water, that these should not be baptized, who have received the Holy Spirit as well as we? 
48  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then asked they him to tarry certain days.