• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,644
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/11/2022 at 11:12 AM, FreeGrace said:

Well, of course I did.  Which is why I am able to tell you that none of them describe a trip to heaven after being resurrected/glorified.

I have heard this before and I have to agree. However, even though the trip is not described the destination is:

"After this I looked and saw a multitude too large to count, from every nation and tribe and people and tongue, standing before the throne and before the Lamb."

I don't know for sure where the throne is but surmising it's in heaven is not farfetched. 

"And all the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures."

I have no issue with concluding this is the same throne as in Rev 7:9.

I also have no issue with the throne, the elders and the four living creatures being the same as in Rev 5; a scene which is clearly the throne room in heaven, where the multitude of Rev 7:9 is depicted. 

This same multitude is described thus:

they are before the throne of God

and serve Him day and night in His temple;

and the One seated on the throne

will spread His tabernacle over them.

I would have to say the throne of God and His temple are in heaven.

And this multitude before the throne in heaven, where the elders and the living creatures and the great company of angels are, is said to come out of GT. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  4,497
  • Content Per Day:  8.06
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, The Light said:

The 6th seal is not the 7th trumpet or 7th bowl. The trumpets are the wrath of God. The wrath of God cannot begin until the 7th seal is opened. The 1st 5 seals are the tribulation period. When the tribulation is over Jesus comes, remains in the clouds and there is a harvest.

I was just pointing out the similarities, not that they are the same event.  Just kinda seems so.  The Second Advent is WHEN the King ends the Tribulation at the battle of Armageddon.

11 hours ago, The Light said:

This is the coming of Jesus at the 6th seal. The harvest occurs and then the wrath of God begins

Revelation 14

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

I see Rev 14 as a look ahead in John's writings.  It's not chronological.  It's looking forward to the Second Advent.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  4,497
  • Content Per Day:  8.06

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

I have heard this before and I have to agree. However, even though the trip is not described the destination is:

"After this I looked and saw a multitude too large to count, from every nation and tribe and people and tongue, standing before the throne and before the Lamb."

I don't know for sure where the throne is but surmising it's in heaven is not farfetched. 

Without a description of the trip to heaven, there is no "destination".  What the Bible is clear about is that when a believer dies, they "depart to be with Christ", which is in heaven.  Phil 1:23

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

"And all the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures."

I have no issue with concluding this is the same throne as in Rev 7:9.

I also have no issue with the throne, the elders and the four living creatures being the same as in Rev 5; a scene which is clearly the throne room in heaven, where the multitude of Rev 7:9 is depicted. 

This same multitude is described thus:

they are before the throne of God

and serve Him day and night in His temple;

and the One seated on the throne

will spread His tabernacle over them.

I would have to say the throne of God and His temple are in heaven.

And this multitude before the throne in heaven, where the elders and the living creatures and the great company of angels are, is said to come out of GT. 

Right.  All this is occurring in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Is there a literal throne? And if so, does the Father get up and stretch once in a while?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  11

13 minutes ago, Alive said:

Is there a literal throne? And if so, does the Father get up and stretch once in a while?

I don’t know if our Father’s throne is literal or not, but it doesn’t really matter to me. Oh LORD, “how great Thou art!”

Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back.

- Revelation 4:2-6

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,670
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

2 hours ago, Selah7 said:

I don’t know if our Father’s throne is literal or not, but it doesn’t really matter to me. Oh LORD, “how great Thou art!”

Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and on the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white robes; and they had crowns of gold on their heads. And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back.

- Revelation 4:2-6

@Selah7 I'm reminded of the hymn: 'O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder...How great Thou art!'..............

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 hours ago, Alive said:

I was not being flippant. The question is meant to suggest thinking 'outside the box'.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,091
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

Of course. We should watch. But that means we must watch for something. What is that something we should be watching for?

Let me start by telling you what not to watch for.

The Church is not looking for the man of sin as the Church will not be on earth at that time. The Lord is pretty clear what to look for.

Luke 21

28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

What things?

Luke 21

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

I think I would be looking for nation rising against nation and kingdoms against kingdom. Wars and rumors of wars.

An unusually large earthquake should get your attention.

Signs of food shortages and the beginning of pestilences.

An asteroid from heaven might be something I would watch for.

I may be nuts

I was leaning this way when you couldn't figure out that Noah was in the ark 7 days before the flood. But I have come to realize that some see and hear, and some do not.

but I feel it's very hard to watch for something secret and invisible.

What you are watching for is very visible. You might get your mask ready. The next wave is here.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,800
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 11/2/2022 at 5:50 PM, AdHoc said:

The Book of Life was a real problem. I think I took two decades till I was satisfied.

I'm interested in your view of this ... I'm reading this thread for the first time.  So I'm only on page 7 ... LOL!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, George said:

I'm interested in your view of this ... I'm reading this thread for the first time.  So I'm only on page 7 ... LOL!

What is your take on this George? Do you think there could be multiple raptures? I only know of one.

Edited by missmuffet