IGNORED

Is it possible that homosexuality is a birth defect?

Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,240
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 11/15/2022 at 1:37 PM, JohnR7 said:

What would your wife do to you if you did?

Hey.. that question.. if it came to me I wouldn't give it a second thought. Toss it out. Not something the sweet holy Spirit would ever ask so... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,506
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

Posting so I can opt out of notifications for this thread (which I view as being generally unprofitable), as that's the only way I know to do so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,511
  • Content Per Day:  8.07

On 11/10/2022 at 12:56 AM, Not of the World said:

I believe some are "born" gay. Is it possible that such an unnatural desire is, in some cases, a birth defect just like being born with only one arm is a birth defect?  

A desire is a thought, an urge.  Not a physical characteristic.  Everyone is born with a corrupt sin nature, which is expressed in all kinds of ways.

Your question gives legitimacy to those who have such desires, just like someone born without arms or legs would have a legitimate excuse for their limitations.

The Bible is clear that homosexuality is a perversion.  Rom 1:24-27.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  1.60

Whether people are born that way or not is totally irrelevant.  It is there choice to act on it or be celibate.  Being born a certain way does not somehow give you a license to act upon your urges. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Whether people are born that way or not is totally irrelevant.  It is there choice to act on it or be celibate.  Being born a certain way does not somehow give you a license to act upon your urges. 

I do agree with what your saying,certainly I do but then I have to wonder " being born what way?"

If a man is born with more dominant feminine genes he would simply be effeminate - & a woman masculine,right.So again,what would that have to do with the desire for someone the same physical gender as themselves- makes no sense,right?

I knew/ know some pretty masculine women that were not even little tomboys and unlike me they had no desire to play sports or get greasy under cars ..I also know some pretty feminine looking guys that go berserk at football games and have no desire to talk about curtains or sit around with the ladies.....I don't believe physicalities have anything to do with lusting after flesh with any perversions not do I think it's any mental illness,but then again I don't believe a lot about 'mental  illnesses" either but that an entirely different topic... Just my 2 cents

I like what you said - it's about choices,period!

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

8 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Not something the sweet holy Spirit would ever ask so... 

Because God is single-minded with His plan and His purpose. If you want to reject God and go out on your own, then do not expect any help from Him. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  1.60

8 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I do agree with what your saying,certainly I do but then I have to wonder " being born what way?"

If a man is born with more dominant feminine genes he would simply be effeminate - & a woman masculine,right.So again,what would that have to do with the desire for someone the same physical gender as themselves- makes no sense,right?

I knew/ know some pretty masculine women that were not even little tomboys and unlike me they had no desire to play sports or get greasy under cars ..I also know some pretty feminine looking guys that go berserk at football games and have no desire to talk about curtains or sit around with the ladies.....I don't believe physicalities have anything to do with lusting after flesh with any perversions not do I think it's any mental illness,but then again I don't believe a lot about 'mental  illnesses" either but that an entirely different topic... Just my 2 cents

I like what you said - it's about choices,period!

With love in Christ, Kwik

Thanks for your comment.  I don't personally believe it's a sin to be a bit different than the norm.  Yes,  there are some girls that are totally straight but are tomboys or a bit more masculine than other girls.  Also there are boys that are somewhat feminine and yet straight.  I honestly don't see anything wrong with this. There's nothing in the Bible that says how each sex is supposed to act.  It doesn't say boys HAVE to like sports, and cars,  and tools. There's nothing that says girls HAVE to like dresses, and shopping, and makeup. That's kind of a joke but I think you get my point. The Old Testament does forbid men from dressing in women's clothing and obviously same sex practices,  but other than that,  there is no rules about it. Also on a side note,  I think the church has done a terrible job of showing those with same sex attractions compassion. God loves them just as much as he loves us,  and Jesus would be compassionate and merciful to them,  especially those who are struggling with doing the right thing and trying to resist their urges. Also on a personal note,  the Bible actually condemns heterosexual adultery and fornication MORE times than homosexuality. Sorry to ramble on.  Hopefully everyone understands what I'm trying to say,  but if I'm confusing,  feel free to ask questions.  God Bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

It may be interesting to study this. How it is used in scripture and its context.

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,”

(1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  4,511
  • Content Per Day:  8.07

12 minutes ago, Alive said:

It may be interesting to study this. How it is used in scripture and its context.

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,”

(1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV)

It seems most people use this verse to teach loss of salvation for believers who engage in the behaviors listed.  However, there are two other verses with the same message, one of them stated a bit differently that helps clarify what Paul meant.

Gal 5:21 - and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:5 - For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

1 Cor 6:9 - “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,”

All 3 verses list behaviors of the sin nature, and all make reference about inheriting the kingdom.

So, both 1 Cor 6:9 and Gal 5:21 say "will/shall not inherit the kingdom".

However, Eph 5:5 says "no immoral person has any inheritance IN the kingdom".

Yet, many people think this is about not entering the kingdom.  Since they understand "not inherit the kingdom" to mean "not get into the kingdom", they they take Eph 5:5 the same way.

Yet, Eph 5:5 doesn't say such people won't get into the kingdom, but rather, they shall have NO inheritance IN the kingdom.  Big difference.

What all 3 verses teach is that believers who exhibit such behaviors will lose out on eternal rewards IN the kingdom.  They will be IN the kingdom, but have NO inheritance or reward IN the kingdom.  Sort of an empty handed kind of deal.  But they will be very happy that they are IN the kingdom nonetheless.

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Th same word is used in the gospels as well.