IGNORED

Could These Movies Be Made in Todays "Woke" Environment?

SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  13.85
  • Days Won:  0

There's a Twitter discussion going on right now on whether "Blazing Saddles" could be made in today's "woke" culture. What is your opinion? What other movies wouldn't survive besides the "Jazz Singer"?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I was just talking about that a few days ago. I cant recall the movie that sparked the discussion but there are classic films that could never be made today. 

Gone with the wind. Good luck even finding it on tv any more

Im surprised the woke culture hasnt banned shakespeare. Many of his plays, especially the comedies, contain material they would freak out over. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

There's a Twitter discussion going on right now on whether "Blazing Saddles" could be made in today's "woke" culture. What is your opinion? What other movies wouldn't survive besides the "Jazz Singer"?

Hi @Saved.One.by.Grace I watched some of "The Three Stooges" clips a while back. Some of their stuff might be offensive today.

What's the deal with your blurb which says, "Interests: Being able to write without getting warned"?

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,983
  • Content Per Day:  5.38
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

I am curious about that too.  Speech here is pretty free.  I am here after getting burned on a Flat Earth run site.

You are free to criticize wokeism, as this is a Christian site.

Support your Local Gunfighter and Support your Local Sheriff couldn't be made today either.  Feminists would say it is misogynistic. 

Edited by Mama Etna
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Hi @Saved.One.by.Grace I watched some of "The Three Stooges" clips a while back. Some of their stuff might be offensive today.

What's the deal with your blurb which says, "Interests: Being able to write without getting warned"?

You're right about the Three Stooges. I love old movies especially mysteries but I cringe when I see how minorities are portrayed which includes Blacks and Asians. I especially hate to see blackface. One movie I like is the Kennel Murder Case starring William Powell. During the investigation, he interviewed the Chinese cook who was a murder suspect but stopped the Chinese cook from speaking pigeon English. The cook then spoke perfect English.

Not here, but I've been warned and banned for a year for something I wrote on a Christian forum. It was the content that was objected to. The person I was conversing with had no problem with our conversation, but we were both banned. It didn't help when I accused the Moderator of bias.

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I was just talking about that a few days ago. I cant recall the movie that sparked the discussion but there are classic films that could never be made today. 

Im surprised the woke culture hasnt banned shakespeare. Many of his plays, especially the comedies, contain material they would freak out over. 

The original Shakespeare plays were all played by biological male actors. I find that interesting.

Gone with the Wind is sometimes shown on TCM. I have it on DVD.

36 minutes ago, Mama Etna said:

I am curious about that too.  Speech here is pretty free.  I am here after getting burned on a Flat Earth run site.

You are free to criticize wokeism, as this is a Christian site.

Support your Local Gunfighter and Support your Local Sheriff couldn't be made today either.  Feminists would say it is misogynistic. 

You're probably right. But independent productions can still be made as long as budgets are reasonable.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 hours ago, ayin jade said:

there are several places you can stream it, a very few free though.  It's $3.99 on amazon prime.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  1

Monty Python's Flying Circus would definitely be problematic with the occasional sketches where they are in blackface or making stereotypical accents of Chinese or other ethnic groups. That said, it is still available on Netflix. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, teddyv said:

Monty Python's Flying Circus would definitely be problematic with the occasional sketches where they are in blackface or making stereotypical accents of Chinese or other ethnic groups. That said, it is still available on Netflix. 

I love British humor. Monty Python's Flying Circus, Red Dwarf, Rising Damp, Black Adder, Mr. Bean, The Green Room, Fawlty Towers, to name a few.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace