IGNORED

Pre-Adamic World: Fact or Fiction

SavedOnebyGrace

On 12/25/2022 at 6:36 PM, Jayne said:

I'm just going to have to leave this thread to you Gap theorists.

I don't believe any of it.

Have a good Christmas evening.

You and @enoob57 have, to my recollection, treated me with respect even knowing we have different understandings of Holy Scripture regarding Genesis. That's okay. I assume we're all Christians. Since I'm the original author of this thread I haven't seen any personal attacks from either of you. I hope you both continue to add your comments, as appropriate, to keep people from going off the rails.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 12/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

There was no Pre-Adam world unless your counting God and the Angels. There was only 5 days of earth before Adam, so not much history there. On another note,  the Dake study Bible is condemned by many pastors as full of false teachings in its study notes. There was no gap and that theory was " invented " in the 1800's so Christians wouldn't have to choose been God and Darwin.

Not much history of Adam created in 1 day, 5 days prior is plenty of time using that analogy 

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

5 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Not much history of Adam created in 1 day, 5 days prior is plenty of time using that analogy 

Your right. The whole universe was created in 6 days. That IS alot of history. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@TrueFollowerOfChrist :

The argument you are presenting is based on a false premise. It is a premise that has been proven to be false on this very forum. It probably isn't one you have read because it's been a long time since it has been used. 

Some Pre-Adamic proponents believe there was a pre-human population before Satan's Flood which was before Genesis 1:3. I don't believe that. I believe in a lot of what was written in the first book of Enoch to fill in the Gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3. Since Enoch was quoted by Jude, Peter and Jesus, I figure it's important for me to know.

I am not going to write about Enoch here mostly because it divides us as  Christians. That deserves its own thread.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

25 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Some Pre-Adamic proponents believe there was a pre-human population before Satan's Flood which was before Genesis 1:3. I don't believe that. I believe in a lot of what was written in the first book of Enoch to fill in the Gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:3. Since Enoch was quoted by Jude, Peter and Jesus, I figure it's important for me to know.

I am not going to write about Enoch here mostly because it divides us as  Christians. That deserves its own thread.

Verse 2 in Enoch clearly states its for a generation that hasn't been yet, even from the beginning.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

18 hours ago, BeyondET said:

The statement in scripture is interesting 

On one hand satan was the ruler of the world and the other wasn't.

Known to tell a truth and a lie at the same. the conversation with Eve is an example.

I agree,that is the enemy's modus operandi,isn't it? That is the same tactics we see from many a false prophet- that is why it's so important to Know the Word of God!!!!!

Great point ! Thanks for the response👍

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

6 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I agree,in referencing the Books of Enoch- thats alot of very interesting reading but we just don't know which of it is which or even if what we have available is in fact the Books?????And you're right- that's a Topic for a separate thread!

I remember when I was very young reading " In the new beginning"  when I read someone's Bible - it stayed "stuck" in my mind for decades,of course bring raised catholic it was not in the catholic Bible- For the life of me I tried to remember who's Bible it was and what Bible it was...... Funny thing,huh?

So many friends said,"oh you probably just thought that's what it said".... No,I remember because it stood out to me even though I was just a little girl because I knew what my Dad taught me,I used to read Genesis over n over n over.....

Happy New Year Brother- a Bountifully Blessed 2023 to you ,your wife and fur babies❤️In Jesus Name

With love in Christ, Kwik

These things should divide no Brothers & Sisters- we always had these discussions & never had anything but love for one another🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

23 hours ago, BeyondET said:

The statement in scripture is interesting 

On one hand satan was the ruler of the world and the other wasn't.

Known to tell a truth and a lie at the same. the conversation with Eve is an example.

Yes.   She said that God said they would die the day they ate from the tree.   The snake, being a Biblical literalist, told her that they would not.   And they didn't die physically.    The penalty for eating from that tree was a spiritual death; not a physical one.    He lied by telling part of the truth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, The Barbarian said:

Yes.   She said that God said they would die the day they ate from the tree.   The snake, being a Biblical literalist, told her that they would not.   And they didn't die physically.    The penalty for eating from that tree was a spiritual death; not a physical one.    He lied by telling part of the truth.

Could that mean that when they ate of it, their death was certain but not meaning instantly?