• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Yes.   She said that God said they would die the day they ate from the tree.   The snake, being a Biblical literalist, told her that they would not.   And they didn't die physically.    The penalty for eating from that tree was a spiritual death; not a physical one.    He lied by telling part of the truth.

Indeed they ate of it and there eyes were open, they lived quite along time afterwards, the disobedience was the issue, maybe also they couldn't handle it even if they tryed, death would of came either way. Maybe later that day if not for God intervening. Keeping the path to immortality in the flesh guarded.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Royal Member

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I agree,in referencing the Books of Enoch- thats alot of very interesting reading but we just don't know which of it is which or even if what we have available is in fact the Books?????And you're right- that's a Topic for a separate thread!

I remember when I was very young reading " In the new beginning"  when I read someone's Bible - it stayed "stuck" in my mind for decades,of course bring raised catholic it was not in the catholic Bible- For the life of me I tried to remember who's Bible it was and what Bible it was...... Funny thing,huh?

So many friends said,"oh you probably just thought that's what it said".... No,I remember because it stood out to me even though I was just a little girl because I knew what my Dad taught me,I used to read Genesis over n over n over.....

Happy New Year Brother- a Bountifully Blessed 2023 to you ,your wife and fur babies❤️In Jesus Name

With love in Christ, Kwik

These things should divide no Brothers & Sisters- we always had these discussions & never had anything but love for one another🤔

It's a interesting book, but just for the thread topic. If it has some weight, the book mentions angels descending in the days of Jared. Looking in Genesis Jared was the 6 descendant of Cain. Who knows if it's genuine but they wouldn't be pre adamic. The book seems to cover from Jared to the flood.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Considering we are to judge angels, I think eating was the plan all along.  Let Satan give humans the ability to judge all by himself.

God 1

Satan 0

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, other one said:

Considering we are to judge angels, I think eating was the plan all along.  Let Satan give humans the ability to judge all by himself.

God 1

Satan 0

That makes sense, it was of equal responsibility.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,049
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

16 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

@TrueFollowerOfChrist :

The argument you are presenting is based on a false premise. It is a premise that has been proven to be false on this very forum. It probably isn't one you have read because it's been a long time since it has been used. 

You are wrong. What I have said has never been proven false. Young earth theology is based not only on God's word, but on Science. The religion of evolution is an extremely powerful lie of Satan that even most christians have fallen into. There are many scientists that believe in YE and they have PHDs and other prestigious degrees. The same "evidence" that secular scientists use for Old Earth, can also easily be explained in a YE model. So the supposed evidence doesn't actually prove anything. God's word says DAYS, and I will side with God over man every day for eternity. BTW, I have heard all the arguments against YE, and honestly none of them are really believable and don't sit right with my spirit.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

You are wrong. What I have said has never been proven false. Young earth theology is based not only on God's word, but on Science. The religion of evolution is an extremely powerful lie of Satan that even most christians have fallen into. There are many scientists that believe in YE and they have PHDs and other prestigious degrees. The same "evidence" that secular scientists use for Old Earth, can also easily be explained in a YE model. So the supposed evidence doesn't actually prove anything. God's word says DAYS, and I will side with God over man every day for eternity. BTW, I have heard all the arguments against YE, and honestly none of them are really believable and don't sit right with my spirit.

It's perfectly fine to ascribe to YE if you have a theological commitment to it.

I don't because YEC does not present a parsimonious explanation of the created order, typically relying on ad hoc explanations that often conflict or contradict each other.

It's not like they are short of funding to do some good science. For the price of the Ark Park, AiG probably could have funded a host of scientists in different fields for decades.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,473
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

The same "evidence" that secular scientists use for Old Earth, can also easily be explained in a YE model. So the supposed evidence doesn't actually prove anything. God's word says DAYS, and I will side with God over man every day for eternity. BTW, I have heard all the arguments against YE, and honestly none of them are really believable and don't sit right with my spirit.

And visa versa.  Honestly, I could make the same impassioned statement about an old earth being supported by the bible and science.  So where does that leave us?  (Answer: having to love Jesus and each other in spite of our particular perspectives) 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Just now, Vine Abider said:

And visa versa.  Honestly, I could make the same impassioned statement about an old earth being supported by the bible and science.  So where does that leave us?  (Answer: having to love Jesus and each other in spite of our particular perspectives) 

Well done, brother.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Its important to keep in mind just what is the true basis of our unity.

The Apostles are no longer around, so we are left to interpret the canon as best we can with the Holy Spirit and because its obvious we have disagreements, our best chance to move on is to operate in the bonds of peace and unity under the Head. Lacking this, Life and Light is hindered from flowing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

No one has ever accused me of not having an over abundance of thoughts on this subject. :D

Unfortunately I do not have the time right now, later. 

P.S. Short or long version, LOL...

P.S.S. On what day was water created?

• Thumbs Up 2