• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

"Having access is possibly different than worship function? IOW we access through Jesus, but can worship either one? It seems most of the time we are worshipping Jesus, but often people begin prayers with "Father"."

"always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;"

"Let them praise the name of the Lord, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven."

ohhhh song playing "reason I sing -Acoustic (reason I sing acoustic)

"You brought me from darkness
And clothed me in garments of praise
Jesus, forever
My song will be You, yeah

I'm living in freedom
You've taken my burdens away
Jesus, forever
My song will be You
Only for You

For the cross that You bore and the debt that You paid
For the victory You won over death and the grave
This is the reason I sing
For the hope that You give and the joy that You bring
For the promise that Heaven is waiting for me
This is the reason I sing

I will not be silent
I'll testify of Your grace
Jesus, forever
My song will be You
Only for You"

There it is...

Every time I talk to the Father remind Him of His word.. haha His word.. which was with God and is God and nothing is made that was made but by Him. Its all wrapped together. All my praise and worship goes to "HIM". It joins at times with all creation. Him is the Father son and holy Spirit. For the cross that you bore and the dept that you paid... this is the reason I sing. I will not be silent

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

I haven't read through this whole thread yet (I intend to - many great posts), but thought to respond to @other one here and interject this (and maybe someone did address it later on).  Since Christ lives in us, how does that impact our prayer?  I've heard some say that when they pray their intention is to move 12" from brain to their spirit . . . since that is where Christ is. "He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." (1 Cor 6:17) (BTW - I don't think these ones are saying that our spirit is literally 12" below our heads!) 

But when I pray to the Father or the Son (one God) I normally think of somewhere above me and direct my prayers upward.  Although I don't think that it really makes any difference which direction we pray in.  

Although I guess I do pray to the Lord within when I say something like, "Lord, I can't do this.  You're the one living in me, so You have to work in me to do this."  I suppose you might say this is praying to the Spirit. 

You are leaving the Holy Spirit out of your prayer line....   he isn't 12 inches away he's in your head, and if you have developed a relationship with him you are in constant contact with him and through him both the Son and the Father.  You can pray wherever you are, you can take everything to him all day long, you can even ask him to fix weird acting printers.   That's my point, praying is a constant relationship through the Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Although I guess I do pray to the Lord within when I say something like, "Lord, I can't do this.  You're the one living in me, so You have to work in me to do this."  I suppose you might say this is praying to the Spirit. 

1 hour ago, other one said:

You are leaving the Holy Spirit out of your prayer line....   he isn't 12 inches away he's in your head, and if you have developed a relationship with him you are in constant contact with him and through him both the Son and the Father.  You can pray wherever you are, you can take everything to him all day long, you can even ask him to fix weird acting printers.   That's my point, praying is a constant relationship through the Spirit.

I don't think the HS is being left out, because He is an integral part of us and of our prayers.  Through reading through this thread (thank you brothers & sisters for all your great posts - an example of online fellowship at its best!) I'm having some realization/light on this.  That is, Christ's work did it all in bridging the gap between us and the Father.  He is "Jacob's Ladder" between us and the throne. He has made all three in the Godhead fully accessible to us, and in fact, they are One to us now because of what Christ has done - the veil of separation is rent from top to bottom!

For years I've wondered, and have been in many discussions trying to figure out this relationship, and also about who exactly is in us.  For instance, if we look at Romans 8:9-10, it can get really confusing about who in the Godhead is in us:

You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject t0 death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of His Spirit who lives in you.

From that passage you can't tell as it appears all three are in us.  And the answer is, yes, they all live in us!  Why is this true?  Because Jesus did it all - all of God is now fully accessible to us freely!  (see John 17) So I don't think it matters if we pray to Father, Son or Spirit, because they are all one and all are made accessible to us in Christ!

And I quoted myself above, because just after writing that I also had a realization about the Spirit and His work.  As others have said, it is the Spirit that makes God real to us and speaks to us within.  He is the Anointing.  But this Anointing is also one with Christ (the Anointed one).  But it is the Spirit's job to bring all that God has for me in Christ, right down to my level, and even live in me, transform me and guide me day be day!  Hallelujah!!!   :emot-highfive::clap::hurrah:

Edited by Vine Abider
Clarity

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,310
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

47 minutes ago, other one said:

That is the truth, and how I pray without ceasing; we speak to the Lord all day and all night. That's what prayer is: speaking with the Lord.

That became a reality when His Spirit taught me how to speak, think, and live again while I recovered from granulomatous disease which almost killed me. I am always with the Lord and He is always with me, and the Spirit of the Lord promised that He would never leave nor abandon me.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,879
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Marathoner said:

That's what I was a long time ago, sister. I suspect many of us were. :) 

To be a carnal believer is something that it is a acceptable to Jesus Christ..

To the Devil is not acceptable because he would like to take as his own the carnal believer...but he can see that on top of his own self righteousness as a believer and not as unbeliever the believer who is still ruled by the things of this world the desires and pride of this world and his needs to please himself in sensual matters is standing before Jesus Christ the Slain Lamb of God who died in righteousness and he is giving to everyone who believes in him what he has his own righteousness...

Some they call it "his imputed righteousness upon everyone who believes " or his robe of righteousness to everyone who believes...

The one who does not like this arrangement is the Devil because he cannot have or Jesus Christ has make it impossible for him to have a believer in Jesus Christ...everyone of us is trying to be less carnal...and according to their own standards and understanding...trying to figure it out...Paul said he will keep trying to figure it out..but then he said he has stopped trying because it is not everything about himself...if Jesus Christ does not like something in me he will let me know...

That's why Paul said to the Jews believers....mind your business and stopped judging them comparing them with your selves who were born and raised in a very strict environment...and had learn what is right or wrong before even they had learned to walk...Paul said leave them to Jesus...

The Holy Spirit is and it his ministry to fellowship with the believer in any stage he is...

Jesus Christ said the sick has more need for the physician.

And the Holy Spirit is having a right to ministered to the unbelievers no matter how far they are because this is his ministry to tell them about Jesus who has died for the forgiveness of their sins...and Jesus Christ will accept their faith as they are...

No need to wait and change first and believe later...

First believe and libe your life and try to become conscious of what you do, the Holy Spirit will help them to be come conscious of what they do. 

Some Jealots overburden the new believers...they asked them a lot more than they can do...they want them to grow very fast and they give them a lot of fertilizer...what a pity...what a shame..they need first to understated them the way Jesus does but that is not possible for them and they are too busy...they cannot make or see them selves Walking in their shoes....

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,575
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/8/2023 at 10:58 PM, ayin jade said:

There was one time I was going grocery shopping and as I approached the entrance to the parking lot I started to panic. I opted to drive to another store several miles away and took note of the time. Turns out a few minutes after my panic a woman in that parking lot was carjacked and stabbed. I am certain the Lord stopped me.

There was another time I heard a voice. I was driving on the Navajo rez at night. It is open range and cows and horses love standing in the road. I was careful but tired. Suddenly silhouetted in oncoming headlights was a large cow. I could not stop in time. I was driving a section of road that was either shoulder or cliff face or cliff edge. I didn't know which. In that moment of trying to decide what to do I heard an authoritative audibly loud voice telling me to drive off the road. I ended up on a safe shoulder with the cow behind me.

Most times His voice is just a "knowing" in me.

Well, in Revelation 3, we read that the Lord opens and closes doors.......'He that hath the key of David...'

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  6,575
  • Content Per Day:  12.11
  • Days Won:  31

9 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Yup!!...me too, I speak with the Lord constantly and he hears my prayers!!...💗🙏

As per Romans 8, it's by the Spirit that we cry, Abba Father, approaching the Father through the Son...

All three Persons at work there......... :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,799
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

On 1/6/2023 at 11:24 AM, Starise said:

When you worship God what part of Him do you focus on? 

My understanding is we can only worship the Father through the Son, or the Father only sees us through the Son.

Thoughts?

God is love (1 John 4:8 & 16). If we love our fellow man, we thereby love/worship God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

13 minutes ago, luigi said:

God is love (1 John 4:8 & 16). If we love our fellow man, we thereby love/worship God.

Matt. 20:40-45

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Action of some kind is usually involved in the act of love. How does love look in action?

I think we need to be very careful because moochers will try to capitalize on a Christian's generosity. We should let the Lord lead us in the ways we help our brothers. 

Too much financial help to the wrong person isn't help. It's enabeling. Many see helping our neighbor as something material or practical, and while this is true,  It can also be other things, like consideration, moral support, being a confidant, sharing the word etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,799
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

11 minutes ago, Starise said:

Matt. 20:40-45

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Action of some kind is usually involved in the act of love. How does love look in action?

I think we need to be very careful because moochers will try to capitalize on a Christian's generosity. We should let the Lord lead us in the ways we help our brothers. 

Too much financial help to the wrong person isn't help. It's enabeling. Many see helping our neighbor as something material or practical, and while this is true,  It can also be other things, like consideration, moral support, being a confidant, sharing the word etc.

Very true about the moochers. I've had several experiences there myself. Let's hope the Lord directs us to who does need true assistance.

• Well Said! 1